Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Keith almost said it.


Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
10.06.2017 , 10:12 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
Should make you happy since the game got harder. I mean, yeah, the rest of us are inconvenienced to the point of giving up, but it's fun for you again, so, all is good, no?
I am happy that the game is less easy. It will definitely be harder in NiM ops and some HM ops but that doesn't affect most players I guess. So your indication of "the rest of us" is clearly exaggerated.

I've always tried to look at the point of view at others so it's disappointing to see you make such flat and incorrect conclusions. I do not expect you to read my whole history but the truth is that I do like it better, but that doesn't mean everybody likes it. I never said that and in fact that is not my view.

Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
I am still amazed that people consider the server merge a feature and a sign of hope. Gotta hand it to whoever wrote Keith's roadmap, it takes true skill to spin a failure in retaining players into an exciting new feature.
What gives hope with regards to the server merge is two-fold. First of all, a lot of people asked for it and this means they listened to the feedback. These merges are long overdue really.

Secondly, it's not just a server merge. They are buying new hardware to make new servers. That indicates an investment into the game. And that's at least somewhat encouraging.

In fact there are a lot of things happening in this roadmap that are answers to various concerns that have been raised.

If that's not good enough for you, that's fine too.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
10.06.2017 , 10:31 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
What gives hope with regards to the server merge is two-fold. First of all, a lot of people asked for it and this means they listened to the feedback. These merges are long overdue really.

Secondly, it's not just a server merge. They are buying new hardware to make new servers. That indicates an investment into the game. And that's at least somewhat encouraging.

In fact there are a lot of things happening in this roadmap that are answers to various concerns that have been raised.

If that's not good enough for you, that's fine too.
Agreed! PvP map, GSF map, GSF balance pass, FP...and the cherry on top is that this is a 3-4 month roadmap...everything we're looking forward to is happening SOON™...this isn't a 12 month plan, this is all happening relatively soon.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

VirtualMorrigan's Avatar


VirtualMorrigan
10.06.2017 , 10:37 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Agreed! PvP map, GSF map, GSF balance pass, FP...and the cherry on top is that this is a 3-4 month roadmap...everything we're looking forward to is happening SOON™...this isn't a 12 month plan, this is all happening relatively soon.
We'll see whether your optimism lasts through the next round of nerfs. I hope so.

Draqsko's Avatar


Draqsko
10.06.2017 , 10:44 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Secondly, it's not just a server merge. They are buying new hardware to make new servers. That indicates an investment into the game. And that's at least somewhat encouraging.
Let's wait to see what 2018 brings before we assume EA is throwing money at this game in particular because server hardware is a very fungible asset in gaming. Nitrado does a fair business renting private servers and I'm pretty sure they don't buy new hardware but just change a blade's configuration when someone wants a new Minecraft server for 10 people.

The only encouraging thing is that they are paying attention to all aspects of the game now, instead of focusing on one and leaving the others to neglect. That would be more of an indication of investment, or at least philosophy change, that is more important to the health of this game than server hardware which could be potentially used on BF2 or Anthem quite easily if SWTOR does not recover from its tailspin.

To EA it's a no brainer to spend the money on hardware because it will be used somewhere, somehow regardless of SWTOR's future. The breadth and quality of future content delivered should be your bell weather on whether or not EA is investing into SWTOR itself.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
10.06.2017 , 10:51 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
We'll see whether your optimism lasts through the next round of nerfs. I hope so.
The nerfs are NOT okay...my optimism is for the future, the nerfs are damaging.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
10.06.2017 , 11:10 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
Let's wait to see what 2018 brings before we assume EA is throwing money at this game in particular because server hardware is a very fungible asset in gaming.
Well you seem to think that I assume EA is throwing money at this game. That is an assumption on your part because I never stated that. Just because I see an indication of investment into the game in no way says they're throwing money at it. That's just you reacting to what you think I said, instead of to what I actually said.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
10.06.2017 , 12:16 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Agreed! PvP map, GSF map, GSF balance pass, FP...and the cherry on top is that this is a 3-4 month roadmap...everything we're looking forward to is happening SOON™...this isn't a 12 month plan, this is all happening relatively soon.
Oh come on TUX.

How often have Bioware Over-Promised and Under-Delivered?
Pretty much every release in the last 2.5 years.

Do you honestly, deep down honestly, expect this to be any different?

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Robocles's Avatar


Robocles
10.06.2017 , 12:56 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by GuardianElite View Post
Let me begin by thanking the team for an awesome stream the other day. While the information was most likely not all we wanted to hear or lacked some of the substance we were looking for, it's clear that the guys (and gals) are doing what they can with what they have.

I also wanted to thank Charles and Eric for answering more than four of my questions. That's unprecedented given that several of them were borderline 'trolling'. Still, they were in good humor and good spirits and that says a lot given what is going on in the forums and behind the scenes.

The fact that Keith is my age BLEW ME AWAY. And thank you Keith for making an appearance, I really wish I could make the journey to actually see you guys in NY, but knowing you all, it will be fun in EVERY case. Since I sent you a Zeltron by PM, I wont send you another in thanks; I certainly hope you are using her or at least showing her off....LOL

I love that Keith answered the question about how how many CXP level 300 toons he had with (and I am paraphrasing b/c I haven't watched the stream again):

"...I have 9 going on 10 level 300 characters...so I don't want to hear any 'thing' about it being too hard..."

He almost said it. LOL. I saw the pause when he looked at the camera, I am almost imagining someone off camera cringing as Keith almost said "...I don't wan't to hear any S*** about it being hard..."

Good to know that Keith is human, he plays the game and YES ladies and gentlemen he is one of us.
It is impressive.

But if you read his previous posts about the bugged daily CXP, he did a large chunk with the bug in place.

4 never using it... that is impressive, imo.

Stellarcrusade's Avatar


Stellarcrusade
10.06.2017 , 01:33 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by GuardianElite View Post
"...I have 9 going on 10 level 300 characters...so I don't want to hear any 'thing' about it being too hard..."

He almost said it. LOL. I saw the pause when he looked at the camera, I am almost imagining someone off camera cringing as Keith almost said "...I don't wan't to hear any S*** about it being hard..."
Devs never get bonuses to things that help them level up.....ahem.

But really, we know getting to 300 takes WAY WAY WAY too long, but its meaningless because all that matters is how long it takes to get full BiS. If he had said he had 10 full BiS characters that would be something considering that would take 50 guys 100 billion years to do.....;-)

All 300 means, is all that hard work gets you is, the chance to finally START gearing up.

Costello's Avatar


Costello
10.06.2017 , 02:06 PM | #80
I would love to know just what the upgraded servers are for.

Is it for Athem? Will it be requiring better servers so get them now so that when it takes off it can use them.

Do the devs expect the number of players on each server to skyrocket, if so, where are these players coming from? Most servers are light all the time so adding a handful of players from dead servers to nearly dead servers is unlike to even stress the servers they currently have. Its not like all the servers are full and by combining them they would be 3 times over full and need the extra capacity. It seems unlikely they will even hit the loads of when Kotfe and the DvL events went live and the servers seemed to cope.

Is it to cope with an upgrade of software so that those with high end machines (or basically anyone not running on a budge 10 year old PC) can have better graphics, more interesting worlds and where NPC's can do more than stand around but actually live their lives to make it feel like a massive worlds?

Or is it just meaningless words that don't have any relevance to anything, except to give people a rallying cry 'they are investing in hardware, what it means nobody knows but they are investing in it! How much we don't know but they mentioned it so it must be mega bucks'. Even though we don't know if the investment is just to stop stripping the copper wiring to sell to china and replace it.

It seems that if you say 'Most people would prefer solo content based on the dev comment Kotfe was the most successful expansion' its considered you don't know anything. You don't know what criteria that was on and you don't actually know how successful it was. But if you say 'They are investing in new hardware' its okay to assume that this is a massive investment and that means the game is getting lots of new content and its going really well. Even though last year at this time we were getting 9 new chapters, uprisings, 5 new levels etc. This year we are getting 1 op boss, 1 flashpoint and 2 PvP maps and a server merge. Its hard to say things weren't looking better last year than this.