PvP Skank Gear and Combat Proficiences thread... post your build

Mordarion

I hope that they dont, in typical BW fashion, completely destroy tanking in pvp.

That said i have rather low expectations. Expecting to go off on another nerd rage rant in a month.

Well they have acknowledged the issue of skanking in the past, but didn't do anything about it for some time. So I have some hope that they used this time to come up with reasonable changes, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Well they have acknowledged the issue of skanking in the past, but didn't do anything about it for some time. So I have some hope that they used this time to come up with reasonable changes, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Yeah like the "reaaonable changes" to gearing in 5.0 with GC or to conquest currently?

The only way to fix skanking that's not painting an elephant is to make tanking stats function. That is, after all, the reason tanks run dps stats for pvp. After that is addressed, talk about gear limiting, damage nerfing/capping, or whatever.

All that said, this change requires reworking the combat system far more than merely changing a number. It requires careful consideration of the different ways tanks function in pve vs pvp and somehow delicately balancing the two.

Careful and delicate are not words i would use to describe BW.

Further, the fact that the only hints we have are tantalizing comments at the end of twitch streams, etc obviously imply they have no intention of testing this on pts or even announcing them in time for feedback. Aka typical bw.

How "exciting!"

Edited by KendraP

• 6 months later...

Hello, I wanted to know if this is still up to date? I just now came back into the game and have spend a good amount of time reading up discussion about this skank tank thing.

I would like to do a lot of PvP, mainly with my Juggernaut and my Sorcerer.

For sorcerer, I am going to play madness.

For my Juggernaut, I am not sure what spec is best for pvp now, since the nerfs to damage.

I also read that snipers and mercenaries seem to dominate in pvp and sorcerers are doing extremely bad right now, this worries me. But most of the threads I have read through are from several months ago, so I don't know what the meta is right now.

Is there an updated tier list for arena comps, or warzones?

Hello, I wanted to know if this is still up to date? I just now came back into the game and have spend a good amount of time reading up discussion about this skank tank thing.

I would like to do a lot of PvP, mainly with my Juggernaut and my Sorcerer.

For sorcerer, I am going to play madness.

For my Juggernaut, I am not sure what spec is best for pvp now, since the nerfs to damage.

I also read that snipers and mercenaries seem to dominate in pvp and sorcerers are doing extremely bad right now, this worries me. But most of the threads I have read through are from several months ago, so I don't know what the meta is right now.

Is there an updated tier list for arena comps, or warzones?

I have not played since the tank changes yesterday so I cannot say on skanking post 5.9.3.

At risk of once again getting slaughtered by these forums - go vengeance. Rage functions literally as a lesser fury mara... if you enjoy rage, just go play fury. Vengeance has some single target pressure with a rotational dot spread. It also has the immunity on leap that rage lacks. Its better than say, annhilation mara, thus carving a niche use.

Engineering and marksman snipers, arsenal mercs, and fury maras currently are the "best" pvp dps specs. For regs at least though (despite my personal bashing on rage (but seriously just play fury in that case)) anything can function. Sorcs just have it harder than anyone except PT. Get good at kiting!

Edited by KendraP