Limit bombers and gunships to one per match

Tenacity

Y'know, I didnt complain so much about these ships at first, but the fact is that in both deathmatch and domination now the majority of teams I'm going up against are half bombers/half gunships, with no more than a single scout or strike fighter, and all they do is drop a minefield and sit in it while picking you off from range.

These ships are fine on their own, but the force multiplier when you have multiple bombers and gunships even partially communicating with one another makes flying other ship classes absolutely pointless.

Also, lately in deathmatch modes I keep getting hit with some kind of effect that prevents me from firing my weapons or using any abilities on my tray - anyone know what the hell this is? It's a complete disabling effect on my ship that lasts typically 5-10 seconds, but it's more than enough to be a death sentence.

Well said Silver. Personally, I love the bomber. The bomber (and the evasion nerf) so far looks to be a reasonable counter to the Sting/Flashfire hordes that beat everyone else like a bunch of baby seals. With the bombers out there, I feel that I contribute more with my Strike Fighters then I ever did before, because they are tough enough to deal with bomber deployables.

Y'know, I didnt complain so much about these ships at first, but the fact is that in both deathmatch and domination now the majority of teams I'm going up against are half bombers/half gunships, with no more than a single scout or strike fighter, and all they do is drop a minefield and sit in it while picking you off from range.

These ships are fine on their own, but the force multiplier when you have multiple bombers and gunships even partially communicating with one another makes flying other ship classes absolutely pointless.

Also, lately in deathmatch modes I keep getting hit with some kind of effect that prevents me from firing my weapons or using any abilities on my tray - anyone know what the hell this is? It's a complete disabling effect on my ship that lasts typically 5-10 seconds, but it's more than enough to be a death sentence.

I would say limit GS's to 3 per side and nerf drones. I also like the idea of matchmaking and ranking.

I would say limit GS's to 3 per side and nerf drones. I also like the idea of matchmaking and ranking.

In an ideal world perhaps. But there still aren't enough people to make a viable matchmaking service. And how do you decide who gets to fly a ship and who doesn't? That's kind of an arbitrary artificial limit.

coming from a deathmatch where the enemy team stacked 6-7 bombers and just lined the entire fronts of my sides capital ships with nothing but seeker/railgun mines i couldn't agree more. plus all those mines mean that bombers are going to level up that much faster because even if they don't get the kills they're racking up those assist medals and damage medals at an absurd rate, i have yet to see a bomber leave a match with less than 7 medals, 4-5 of which are strictly assists and damage. anymore in matches the winner is decided by who can set up their bomber mine network in the area or around 2 satellites the fastest

coming from a deathmatch where the enemy team stacked 6-7 bombers and just lined the entire fronts of my sides capital ships with nothing but seeker/railgun mines i couldn't agree more. plus all those mines mean that bombers are going to level up that much faster because even if they don't get the kills they're racking up those assist medals and damage medals at an absurd rate, i have yet to see a bomber leave a match with less than 7 medals, 4-5 of which are strictly assists and damage. anymore in matches the winner is decided by who can set up their bomber mine network in the area or around 2 satellites the fastest

This is a good point to bring up.

Before 2.6, Not a single GSF match on my server (that I participated in) showed any member of any team flying any kind of ship getting more than 15-16 kills in a single match, and usually far fewer assists. Once the bombers showed up, I regularly see them at the end of a match with 30-40 assists, something that -never- happened pre-2.6 and still doesnt happen for any other ship class.

Assists count for the same amount of requisition as kills, so those bombers are racking up requisition super fast compared to other ship types.

Sigh, bombers hasn't been out for even a week and already there's people out there acting like they know everything about them and demand nerfs.

Bombers are only a problem if you let them become one. If 6 bombers are allowed to camp your capital ship with mines and turrets then it's not because they were overpowered. That was because YOUR TEAM SUCKED HORRIBLY!

Besides, if that happens, spawn at the other capital ship???? You didn't let them camp both did you??

Sigh, bombers hasn't been out for even a week and already there's people out there acting like they know everything about them and demand nerfs.

I don't think anyone's claiming they know everything about bombers, but they have some mechanics that are pretty obviously problematic.

Bombers are only a problem if you let them become one.

You can say this about literally any aspect of the game. The question to be discussed is, how practical is it to counter them? Does it take a novice player or a skilled player? How much harder does it become to counter a skilled bomber (or any other ship) as compared to a novice? How much do I have to sacrifice in terms of resources (time, ammo, power, positioning) and objectives to do so? How much do they have to sacrifice to force me to do so? How efficiently, how easily, and how often can the ship set up a favorable situation, and how efficiently, easily, and often can other ships flip that situation?

I'm not going to give my opinions on the subject (because it's a trap), but these are the kinds of questions that should be asked.

ya most deathmatches i have been on end up beeing gunshipmatches after a couple of minutes, and it just becomes boring.

While I admit that I am partial to spamming a Mastered Ion railgun in the general direction of the commotion, I still prefer a Flashfire/Sting for the dynamics/playstyle, despite the heavy Evasion nerfs.

Edited by Helig

Once the bombers showed up, I regularly see them at the end of a match with 30-40 assists, something that -never- happened pre-2.6 and still doesnt happen for any other ship class.

She-frigging-nan-igans

Oh yeah... I THOUGHT YOU QUIT?!??!?!?!??!?!

Edited by Zharik

"I can't kill said ships, so I want them nerfed!!!!" Bombers, gunships are easy kills.L2P PLEASE

good luck killing any GS with mastered abilites and with a ion railgun. And if there are 2 or more and your side has none, its GG GET FARMED and ****. Total balance.

Edited by xxIncubixx

Personally, I think the gunships and the bombers f**cked up all the gameplay. In most of the matches everybody plays stacks of gunships and bombers and the element of fun is long gone. I think GSF should of stick to dog fighting because thats where the pleasure of space flying is. Or at least enable a damn filter "I DONT WANT TO JOIN LAME GAMES WITH GUNSHIPS AND BOMBERS". With a filter like this I'm sure they can snipe and bomb their sorry azzes as much as they want between themselves. :D

Howgh!

are u for real? that would seriously damage the space pvp by getting more people to quit lol

as for the system shut down that can either be the emp pulse from scouts, or emp misile from quell strike fighter. if i remember correctly the tool tip says 16 seconds may be slightly off.

as for the mine fields, on my scout i dont have any problems clearing mines and drones out and getting to bombers or gunships.

Also do bare in bombers are new and so its a new toy for now for alot. me personally i play scout, bomber, gunship most matchs alternating whats needed more.

I think a 1 per match limit is to much. I think 3 GS's and 2 bombers per team per match is a good limit. It could be first come first serve on who gets to fly them.

I think a 1 per match limit is to much. I think 3 GS's and 2 bombers per team per match is a good limit. It could be first come first serve on who gets to fly them.

>to

So your fix is to force players to only play what you want them to play? How old are you?

i don't get it. limiting the number of ships allowed of a certain class? what kind of solution is that?

we'll end up with scout limits on tuesdays when it's not raining. no strikefighters on football nights (either american or soccer) if everybody gets a vote on what they are comfortable with.

not saying that there may not be balancing issues that need adressing , i am too new to this to say.

but the "limit" idea is far out...

Edited by mighty_joe

it is there way of returning the op bypassing evasion f/f builds to there stature.

the bombers and the gun ships are not the problems it is a lot of people who don't understand the mechanics behind 360% space fighting .

if you are getting owned on a regular bases you should evaluate your own ships build and flying and crew setups and for god sakes learn to shift your power from balanced to shields and weps and eng's you get more out of them that way

if gu ship is your prob then learn to eather hit them from behind or learn how to fly sideways and up and down rember its not straightline fighting out there in space like it is on the ground get that whole consepct out of your heads and use sme imagenation and use your teams mates if its aoe killing your power and shields then don't fly that clos to some one to take aoe hit if it is bombers mines getting you then grab and nova/blackbolt with a emp or a pike/quell with a emp missle and drop the drones and turretsin one blast also remeebr aoe ion does waunders aginst them aswel and yes I fy a mastered pike,gunship,bomber and working on a nova just for the b cap point I also have various builds of those types to combat any situation

it is not rocket science out there or upgrades for that matter that wins matches I can play a complete baby ship with the starting load out and no mods which I have been working on my my new vx-9 gun ship and you can still kill and cap and defend and win you just have to play smater and fly tighter and you will win don't tunnel in on some one because you have died 3 tmes or fight 30km above or away from the sats I see you new people doing that al the time stay with in 5000m of the sats and use the sats for cover only thing you have to do to stop most damage is break the LOS and bam they get ganked wile following you by a team mate that is why you run with a wing man if you haven't figured it out yet it is one a 1 man show out there and 1v4 is a very bad way to lose

so fly together and read what your compnets and crew memebers do before you just throw your selves to the wolves like my self because at this point in the game where not takeing it easy on newbs anymore we gave you time to learn like we had 2 days when it launched we have al been face rolled many many times on difrence is those with mastered ships and multi masterd ships have stuck with it and figured it out and can now enjoy it and trust me when you have a few guys running together that enjoy it and know how to fly wel it is a lot more enjoyable

if you don't know something or have questions then ask some of the more experienced pilots in game or here on the forums or private message me here I am Lytewrath of Black Squadron and as long as you are serious and want to improve then you should and will always recive help and advice

While this idea is trashcan in GSF, the idea of there being a powerful ship that can be flown only rarely, or only one up at once, *IS* interesting. That could, for instance, be the role for a class ship to come in, or something. I'm very interested in non-equal sides in general- ex, it would be cool to run a premade four against six pugs for extra req on victory, or something. Another example might be to get a custom ship with powerups that can only have one active at once, such as a special gunship with extra range and damage. Thees "man with the golden gun" type scenarios wouldn't be the only way to do this- I have for a very long time wanted to see a game that pitted, say, fifteen versus eight, but the eight have substantially better units (ex: protoss v. zerg).

It's very awesome in concept, but would be hard to balance.

good luck killing any GS with mastered abilites and with a ion railgun. And if there are 2 or more and your side has none, its GG GET FARMED and ****. Total balance.

I kill em all the time. here's a hint. don't charge em up the middle. come at em from a flank. 9 out of 10 gunship pilots lack the situational awareness to watch their sides or backs