Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SWTOR acronyms explained


Michelki's Avatar


Michelki
05.15.2016 , 01:42 PM | #101
Hello i have been playing swtor up and down since 2012. But Right now i cannot get it started up looked through the forums the screen keeps going black small and closes. First it was just pink screen solved that played for a couple of days. But 3 days later the same thing all over again i paid quite a lot. And I hope costumer support can help me with this issue. I would like to play agian for what i have paid.


Greetings Michel.

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
05.15.2016 , 04:09 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Michelki View Post
Hello i have been playing swtor up and down since 2012. But Right now i cannot get it started up looked through the forums the screen keeps going black small and closes. First it was just pink screen solved that played for a couple of days. But 3 days later the same thing all over again i paid quite a lot. And I hope costumer support can help me with this issue. I would like to play agian for what i have paid.


Greetings Michel.
Hello!

Have you tried to do a repair of the game?

Perhaps it is a heat problem, some computers can get overheated.

This thread is however not a customer support thread, I am a player like you that likes to help the community the way I can

Try write about your problem here and it might help you better

Cheers and good luck!

xIxExTrEmEx's Avatar


xIxExTrEmEx
06.03.2016 , 07:57 AM | #103
KYS = Kill yourself

I've seen it used quite a bit in this game, unfortunately.
Want a free character transfer and other stuff in SWTOR my dude? Use my referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/6W3r78. You'll help both me and you out

psandak's Avatar


psandak
06.03.2016 , 09:14 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by xIxExTrEmEx View Post
KYS = Kill yourself

I've seen it used quite a bit in this game, unfortunately.
derogatorily? or as in "it's a wipe, just /stuck so we can try again"?

If the former, I do not think that belongs here
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Go_Duke_Boy's Avatar


Go_Duke_Boy
06.03.2016 , 09:59 AM | #105
Some of the few I've heard are Spbr, spcbr, spcb, and sbar. All of these, obviously, mean spacebar.
Feel free to help me out and get some free sub too! http://www.swtor.com/r/ybW66z

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
06.03.2016 , 12:04 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by xIxExTrEmEx View Post
I've seen it used quite a bit in this game, unfortunately.
I highly recommend that nobody write that to another player.

Kovu-Rah's Avatar


Kovu-Rah
07.12.2016 , 02:40 PM | #107
For years now I have wondered, what is "aggro"?
Is it even an abbreviation?
I see this one a lot but have no idea what it could mean.

Eiter's Avatar


Eiter
07.12.2016 , 03:23 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovu-Rah View Post
For years now I have wondered, what is "aggro"?
Is it even an abbreviation?
I see this one a lot but have no idea what it could mean.
Aggression, usually from NPCs. As a verb, to cause NPCs to agress.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
07.12.2016 , 03:40 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Eiter View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovu-Rah View Post
For years now I have wondered, what is "aggro"?
Is it even an abbreviation?
I see this one a lot but have no idea what it could mean.
Aggression, usually from NPCs. As a verb, to cause NPCs to agress.
In solo play "agro range" is the distance where an enemy NPC will attack you; if you move within that distance an enemy NPC (and maybe some of his/her friends) will attack you.

In group play, tank classes "hold agro" meaning that they are designed to grab the attention of enemy NPCs (aka mobs) so that they do not attack the damage dealers or healers. However, dps and healers can "pull agro" meaning that they have surpassed the tank in "threat" (a numeric representation of how enemy NPCs rank the danger a player character poses) and start attacking a group member other than the tank.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date