Jedi Fallen Order

MK-ULTRA

Anyone else excited or just me?

TLDR

Made by God of War 3 dev.

Takes place after Order 66. You are one of only surviving padawans.

No season pass, dlc or expansions planned.

Dark Souls/Sekiro style combat.

Metroidvania levels with lots of secrets to unravel.

Open galaxy and ship where you can travel and do whatever you want.

No loading or screens or something.

I have not preordered since RDR on the ps3 but there are $40 preorders available. Decisions decisions.

Release Date: November 2019

PREVIEW VIDEO

Edited by MK-ULTRA

Anyone else excited or just me?

TLDR

Made by God of War 3 dev.

No season pass, dlc or expansions planned.

Dark Souls/Sekiro style combat.

Metroidvania levels with lots of secrets to unravel.

Open galaxy and ship where you can travel and do whatever you want.

I have not preordered since RDR on the ps3 but there are $40 preorders available. Decisions decisions.

Release Date: November 2019

PREVIEW VIDEO

Yet there is a big deawback of this game - no possibility to cut off pieces from your enemies. So we will have lightsaber bat again as we had in force unleashed 1. They made it so that children from 14 age could play it. Yet it is not real star wars for me

:) Oh yes, very excited. Finally a Star Wars game set around the Core movie time. Real StormTroopers and other items from the Star Wars >Return of the Jedi era. The game doesn't seem overly pretentious like others and yes the "Open World" style is one of the best features, Nothing scripted, linear or dedicated channeling (Hopefully). Very Excited.

Yet there is a big deawback of this game - no possibility to cut off pieces from your enemies. So we will have lightsaber bat again as we had in force unleashed 1. They made it so that children from 14 age could play it. Yet it is not real star wars for me

How many games have dismemberment? I can't think of one. Also the new movies are aimed at children a lot younger than 14 so...

:) Oh yes, very excited. Finally a Star Wars game set around the Core movie time. Real StormTroopers and other items from the Star Wars >Return of the Jedi era. The game doesn't seem overly pretentious like others and yes the "Open World" style is one of the best features, Nothing scripted, linear or dedicated channeling (Hopefully). Very Excited.

Yay:hope_03:

How many games have dismemberment? I can't think of one. Also the new movies are aimed at children a lot younger than 14 so...

IIRC the Ep 3 game did.

That being said, I really don't understand the argument that dismemberment = good. The KOTORs didn't have it (arguably the best SW games ever made). Don't remember it in any of the old classics.

What's the attraction in mutilating enemies as you are killing them?

• 2 weeks later...
IIRC the Ep 3 game did.

That being said, I really don't understand the argument that dismemberment = good. The KOTORs didn't have it (arguably the best SW games ever made). Don't remember it in any of the old classics.

What's the attraction in mutilating enemies as you are killing them?

I think it's realism/immersion. In our minds laser sword can cut through anything like butter.

IIRC the Ep 3 game did.

Jedi Academy had it from the start. Jedi Outcast had a code that you could enter to enable it. I don't know about the earlier Jedi Knight games.

Edited by Exocor

Nice video but still not sure if I will play it. Looks like you don't get to choose which sex your jedi is and that is a drawback for me.

Sometimes I think that KOTOR/SWTOR spoiled us in that regard. Very few SW games let you chose your gender (Jedi Academy and SWG being the only other ones off the top of my head)

Heck, most games in general don't give you any choice. They give you a character and you play the story as determined by the game.

Thinking about this I also wondered if there's more to the character being set (Gender) by the studio. The character customization has become almost something so frequent many would think its as regular as the disk space it occupies; it's just always expected in today's games. Thinking of "Star Wars" lore, stories and popular themes combined with "Fallen Orders" Story or Semi Story theme and more importantly the #2 character "Cere Junda", in the game, that woman seems to be Cal's *Wiser partner. I might think that at some point they may becomes a bit closer; that's the reason for the Dedicated Gender. Going a bit beyond that and also a frequent direction for Star Wars those two by the end may either "Be a Couple" or.....(This is Dark) she may be ..Killed most likely by the Inquisitor sister just before the finale of the Inquisitors defeat.

:) Just spit-balling ideas that fit known facts so far

Edited by MikeCobalt

I'm not particularly disappointed in the decision to have a set character (including species, gender, etc.) for the player character, as it makes sense with the "everything is canon" approach going on now. It was, for example, rather awkward the way stories had to contort to keep Revan's gender and appearance ambiguous before they finally bit the bullet and set them both within the G-Canon (and up to the end still dodge the question of what his name was before becoming "the Revanchist"). I didn't have a problem with Iden Versio, with all her defined characteristic, as the set main character of Battlefront II, either.

What does dampen my enthusiasm a bit, however, are the choices they made for what that set main character (and the principle antagonist) is going to be in Fallen Order. Cal Kestis and Second Sister just ... well, they just look like about the most generic hero and villain I've seen in a while. At least Second Sister seems to move in a halfway interesting manner, so it's possible the virtual performance of the character will make her stand out and come across as interesting. I'm afraid I haven't seen anything that gives me much real hope in terms of how interesting Cal is going to be.

Sometimes I think that KOTOR/SWTOR spoiled us in that regard. Very few SW games let you chose your gender (Jedi Academy and SWG being the only other ones off the top of my head)

Heck, most games in general don't give you any choice. They give you a character and you play the story as determined by the game.

SWG is the first one I played but it was not a single player game it was an MMO.

The first single player I played with the Knights of the Republic and the Sith Lord one as well. I like choosing my character's sex but that is just me.