SWTOR is a top notch game!

ISDcaptain

This is quite simply the best game ever created. if you don't like it, its YOUR fault. his game has everything one would expect in a 2012 MMO release. It has all the bells and whistles (and why wouldn't it, the devs specifically said it would) that other MMO's have.

- You don't need macros. But if you really want them, you can buy the officially licensed Star Wars - The Old Republic keyboard for the small fee of 250$.

- Who needs guild management tools? The weak and pathetic, that's who. Your guild should be strong enough to maintain a 3rd party website that covers the severe lack of in game options.

- We don't need cross realm LFG, and we didn't need a more robust LFG. Until we actially did. The tool we had in game was perfectly acceptable, you were all just too lazy to use it. So what if half of the 25 people on your fleet still have you on ignore from months of spamming "LFG 1 MORE BT!" I mean you shouldn't want to play with those people anyway.

- Day night cycle? More like menstrual cycle. Grow up, babies.

- Chairs? You have 3 on your ship. Two more then you need.

- Chat bubbles? Yea, dumb.

- Any other feature that MMO's dating back to UO and EQ had? Useless. You want those games, go play those games. We already have too many people on the servers as is. I mean, we are 500-1k million strong. EA said so, and they've always been a strong pillar of honesty and integrity in the gaming genre.

The Hero engine? its exactly that. Heroic. It does not lag when you open your inventory, it does not lag when you have more then 4 people around, and it sure as hell doesn't lag on fleet. All of these problems are made up by a small subset of the community that has no idea what they are talking about and or wants to see this game fail because they are haters. It does not have optimization problems, it is just your 2500$ computer that has the problem. My Pentium 4 1 gig on-board graphics windows 95 machine computer gets 90 FPS everywhere.

How can people say they are bored? There are so many class stories to do. Roll an alt! This is a story based MMO people. And no, the class stories don't "only make up like 10% percent of each planets quests." That is a complete and boldface lie. Its much more then 10%. Much more. I mean, 25% is a lot. Wait, you rolled alts? And you are still bored? Well, I guess you're just burnt out then. Your fault.

You could be PvPing! What, you don't like getting rolled by premades? Grow up! Losing for 2-4 hours at a time before you can get the daily done just builds character and is in no way frustrating. Its fun! And don't even think about giving me any sass about rated Warzones taking forever to come out. It was not a bait and switch. It was Bioware taking a stand and saying "we'll release it when its finished" Because we all know Bioware doesn't release things that are buggy and broken or premature. They have a great track record in this regard. I mean really, you need to get to work grinding that War-Hero gear - its gonna take a while. Like, months.

Why aren't you PvEing? No cross realm LFG? Who needs it, Not me. I can log into the game any time outside of prime-time and get groups instantly. You are lying. Why complain about the bugs? The game is new guys, seriously, its only been out for 9 months and its not like the buggy content was reported in the beta. Couldn't have been, because Bioware takes our opinions very seriously. And further, all the recently released content was completely bug free. When is the last time a patch actually broke something? Never, that's when.

Open world PvP is the best I've ever seen. Seriously, Ilum was not a complete, utter and total failure. The best PvP team in the world worked on it. And why, just the other day there was world PvP on Tat during the Rakghoul event. It was crazy! I saw 10 or 20 people. Great times! You want open world PvP you should schedule with another guild on the server, get off your lazy entitled asses.

The gear design is top notch. Top. Notch. No, the orange gear was not a complete waste of time and is a much better alternative to having an actual appearance tab. Your consular does not look like a mummer. And grow up anyway, its not like you cant rip out the mods and put them in something you like. It wont cost over a half mil credits and its not like credits are had to make with the vibrant economy we have.

The talents and skills? New and never before seen. In fact, WoW went so far as to completely rip off Bioware and steal all of their skills and class abilities. I mean just look at this evidence!

Priest vs Sage - http://www.iron.fjmaps.com/pictures/ToRtanic/Tor%20vs%20WoW%20Priest.png

Warrior vs Warrior - http://i.imgur.com/UmcMV.jpg

I smell a lawsuit.

Crafting is revolutionary. You just click and go. All of the stuff you create is useful and is completely worth the time and effort. its not like REing takes more then 2-3 tries anyway. I got every schematic in game first try for every profession across all my toons, you just aren't trying hard enough. And yes, I know Biochem needs a little love. They will fix it. In Bioware I trust. You just have to be patient.

The worlds are just so vibrant and alive. I am free to explore everywhere (except for exhaustion zones, but like why would you go there anyway unless you were some kind of land hungry communist) and the mob AI is top notch. No, some planets aren't claustrophobic and linear in their design, you are just unimaginative and simple minded. I mean come on people. Mob AI is amazing. They sometimes have a guy patrolling! And that group of guys standing 10 feet away starting off into space? Trust me, they are plotting your demise.

And Legacy! Oh em gee, legacy is the best. There is so much grade A stuff in there, and the best part is its completely reasonably priced. Its not a stupid, overdeveloped and useless feature that slowed down important things like server mergers/transfers. We NEED to be able to make a chart that links our characters into relationships that have zero effect on the actual gameplay.

A real Combat log? What for? What we have is better. Its not annoying to try and parse your damage, and it does not make you jump through hoops to use it properly. No one can make anyone feel bad about how they play. Its anti bulling for the 21st century. You know, since none of us are grown up enough yet to admit me might not be good at an online video game.

F2P? More like, Awesome to even more awesome. Best thing that ever happened in the gaming community ever. What do you mean they won't be able to release content at a faster pace? They said it guys. EA said it. It must be true.

Cartel Market? P2W? More like pay to whine. Thats all I hear: whine whine whine. Its not like they're actually selling

items or points that you can buy that can put you at an advantage. Also most of the items are uninspired, dull and ugly and shouldnt never be used as actual quest rewards

So seriously, this game is great and if you don't like it you are probably a baby killer or some entitled two year old who doesn't understand that this game was developed with few resources on a shoestring budget and yet still manages to revolutionize the genre. You are all too entitled, too impatient, and too shortsighted to see that this game is better then everything else and does not get outclassed by anything older, let alone anything new like TERA or GW2.

Edited by ISDcaptain

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man yes STWOR is a really good game and as for WoW yes they take every good ideas from other MMO and make it look like it's theirs but if you played other MMO and I tried a lots, you know that a lots of their supposedly awsome ideas are just stolen from other MMO's

That may well be the Godzilla of Strawman arguments.

I salute you, for having the time and energy and rage with which to craft that monstrosity of bad logic and hyperbole.

Now, let it roam forth and rage in futility. Let it roar in outrage and spew bile upon an empty landscape, devoid of people who care.

It is a GREAT game... Its KOTOR with MMO features, I oculd not have asked for anythign more. The WoW fans that complain should just go back to WoW...

Well, I am pitchin a fit over the broken mask/ hood issue though and the customer service could use a step up, but the game itself, is great.

That may well be the Godzilla of Strawman arguments.

I salute you, for having the time and energy and rage with which to craft that monstrosity of bad logic and hyperbole.

Now, let it roam forth and rage in futility. Let it roar in outrage and spew bile upon an empty landscape, devoid of people who care.

Indeed.

At first I thought he was working a passive aggressive performance for us all to enjoy... but upon further reflection... it reads much more as though he is well practiced as a covert aggressionist. Either way, I have to give him props for style, commitment, and dedication.....even though I disagree with his underlying message. :)

That made me laugh.

Worrying that BW seem to be completely unware that without a game there is no point in a cartel market so there focus on creating stupid looking speeders and more recoloured gear when they lose the few loyal subs they have left.

Super-long, steaming, unfunny, dookie log...

Sorry bro, the Tortanic rants are just so *********** played out...

:rak_frown:

I don't believe for a moment that you didn't find anything about that post funny. You don't need to agree, but it WAS comically done.

This is quite simply the best game ever created. if you don't like it, its YOUR fault. his game has everything one would expect in a 2012 MMO release. It has all the bells and whistles (and why wouldn't it, the devs specifically said it would) that other MMO's have.

- You don't need macros. But if you really want them, you can buy the officially licensed Star Wars - The Old Republic keyboard for the small fee of 250$.

- Who needs guild management tools? The weak and pathetic, that's who. Your guild should be strong enough to maintain a 3rd party website that covers the severe lack of in game options.

- We don't need cross realm LFG, and we didn't need a more robust LFG. Until we actially did. The tool we had in game was perfectly acceptable, you were all just too lazy to use it. So what if half of the 25 people on your fleet still have you on ignore from months of spamming "LFG 1 MORE BT!" I mean you shouldn't want to play with those people anyway.

- Day night cycle? More like menstrual cycle. Grow up, babies.

- Chairs? You have 3 on your ship. Two more then you need.

- Chat bubbles? Yea, dumb.

- Any other feature that MMO's dating back to UO and EQ had? Useless. You want those games, go play those games. We already have too many people on the servers as is. I mean, we are 500-1k million strong. EA said so, and they've always been a strong pillar of honesty and integrity in the gaming genre.

The Hero engine? its exactly that. Heroic. It does not lag when you open your inventory, it does not lag when you have more then 4 people around, and it sure as hell doesn't lag on fleet. All of these problems are made up by a small subset of the community that has no idea what they are talking about and or wants to see this game fail because they are haters. It does not have optimization problems, it is just your 2500$ computer that has the problem. My Pentium 4 1 gig on-board graphics windows 95 machine computer gets 90 FPS everywhere.

How can people say they are bored? There are so many class stories to do. Roll an alt! This is a story based MMO people. And no, the class stories don't "only make up like 10% percent of each planets quests." That is a complete and boldface lie. Its much more then 10%. Much more. I mean, 25% is a lot. Wait, you rolled alts? And you are still bored? Well, I guess you're just burnt out then. Your fault.

You could be PvPing! What, you don't like getting rolled by premades? Grow up! Losing for 2-4 hours at a time before you can get the daily done just builds character and is in no way frustrating. Its fun! And don't even think about giving me any sass about rated Warzones taking forever to come out. It was not a bait and switch. It was Bioware taking a stand and saying "we'll release it when its finished" Because we all know Bioware doesn't release things that are buggy and broken or premature. They have a great track record in this regard. I mean really, you need to get to work grinding that War-Hero gear - its gonna take a while. Like, months.

Why aren't you PvEing? No cross realm LFG? Who needs it, Not me. I can log into the game any time outside of prime-time and get groups instantly. You are lying. Why complain about the bugs? The game is new guys, seriously, its only been out for 9 months and its not like the buggy content was reported in the beta. Couldn't have been, because Bioware takes our opinions very seriously. And further, all the recently released content was completely bug free. When is the last time a patch actually broke something? Never, that's when.

Open world PvP is the best I've ever seen. Seriously, Ilum was not a complete, utter and total failure. The best PvP team in the world worked on it. And why, just the other day there was world PvP on Tat during the Rakghoul event. It was crazy! I saw 10 or 20 people. Great times! You want open world PvP you should schedule with another guild on the server, get off your lazy entitled asses.

The gear design is top notch. Top. Notch. No, the orange gear was not a complete waste of time and is a much better alternative to having an actual appearance tab. Your consular does not look like a mummer. And grow up anyway, its not like you cant rip out the mods and put them in something you like. It wont cost over a half mil credits and its not like credits are had to make with the vibrant economy we have.

The talents and skills? New and never before seen. In fact, WoW went so far as to completely rip off Bioware and steal all of their skills and class abilities. I mean just look at this evidence!

Priest vs Sage - http://www.iron.fjmaps.com/pictures/ToRtanic/Tor%20vs%20WoW%20Priest.png

Warrior vs Warrior - http://i.imgur.com/UmcMV.jpg

I smell a lawsuit.

Crafting is revolutionary. You just click and go. All of the stuff you create is useful and is completely worth the time and effort. its not like REing takes more then 2-3 tries anyway. I got every schematic in game first try for every profession across all my toons, you just aren't trying hard enough. And yes, I know Biochem needs a little love. They will fix it. In Bioware I trust. You just have to be patient.

The worlds are just so vibrant and alive. I am free to explore everywhere (except for exhaustion zones, but like why would you go there anyway unless you were some kind of land hungry communist) and the mob AI is top notch. No, some planets aren't claustrophobic and linear in their design, you are just unimaginative and simple minded. I mean come on people. Mob AI is amazing. They sometimes have a guy patrolling! And that group of guys standing 10 feet away starting off into space? Trust me, they are plotting your demise.

And Legacy! Oh em gee, legacy is the best. There is so much grade A stuff in there, and the best part is its completely reasonably priced. Its not a stupid, overdeveloped and useless feature that slowed down important things like server mergers/transfers. We NEED to be able to make a chart that links our characters into relationships that have zero effect on the actual gameplay.

A real Combat log? What for? What we have is better. Its not annoying to try and parse your damage, and it does not make you jump through hoops to use it properly. No one can make anyone feel bad about how they play. Its anti bulling for the 21st century. You know, since none of us are grown up enough yet to admit me might not be good at an online video game.

F2P? More like, Awesome to even more awesome. Best thing that ever happened in the gaming community ever. What do you mean they won't be able to release content at a faster pace? They said it guys. EA said it. It must be true.

Cartel Market? P2W? More like pay to whine. Thats all I hear: whine whine whine. Its not like they're actually selling

items or points that you can buy that can put you at an advantage. Also most of the items are uninspired, dull and ugly and shouldnt never be used as actual quest rewards

So seriously, this game is great and if you don't like it you are probably a baby killer or some entitled two year old who doesn't understand that this game was developed with few resources on a shoestring budget and yet still manages to revolutionize the genre. You are all too entitled, too impatient, and too shortsighted to see that this game is better then everything else and does not get outclassed by anything older, let alone anything new like TERA or GW2.

-Frostvein

Retracted.

TY, brother :)

Edited by Hazaz

I don't believe for a moment that you didn't find anything about that post funny. You don't need to agree, but it WAS comically done.

LOL - what are you the OPs agent?

That post wasn't even interesting enough to help my bowel movement this morning.

LOL - what are you the OPs agent?

That post wasn't even interesting enough to help my bowel movement this morning.

You fail to see the humor in the OP, yet you go on to make a "bowel movement" joke? Classy...