What Next for Star Wars MOVIES?

WiGhTkNiGhtt

OK we ve had the masterpiece Original trilogy, the abomination that were the Prequels (not even gonna mention the silly clone wars cartoons) but what next?

How about making episodes 7,8 and 9. Obviously re casting the original Characters.

Is the logical step to make the "Thrawn Trilogy" then perhaps even moving onto the "Jedi Academy Trilogy"?

What do you folks reckon? Will Lucas ever do it? If he does allow it will he make a pile of crap like the Prequels or allow someone else a shot?

Lucas has explicitly stated that there will be no more Star Wars feature films.

While that could change, right now there are no plans.

For me personally, I would love to see some Star Wars films that aren't about the Skywalker line. A young Han Solo movie, maybe? Or perhaps a war movie about infantry (similar to Battlefront)? Or something completely original that's a powerful story but doesn't hold the fate of the galaxy in the plot.

Edited by Vecke

Theres nothing else for movies, even if they did you know what would happen? People would piss, ***** and moan just like they did with the PT because it isn't what they imagined the movies to be. Example they make/release movies about Boba Fett or Thrawn about their lives, some changes occur that are different from the books and such.

Fan: "BS! Thats not how it happened in the book, change it so it makes sense. My way or the highway, I hate these new movies! I want them to be exactly how I imagined them to be!"

Fan #2 : "Those were not good movies at all, you guys completely screwed up their personality! CGI is terrible, actors were bad! I hate these movies now, and I want everyone to hate them too. So i'll post on a forum and take out my frustration and make other people hate them aswell!"

It would go on like that for quite some time, so theres really no need for any new movies. Besides we got a ton of books, comics, games etc that describe post ROTJ we don't need anything else.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I think it would be awesome if they made Knights of the Old Republic into a live action feature film. Christian Bale as Revan, Kate Breckenstale as Bastila, and Jason Statham as Malak...EPIC. Maybe have Morgan Freeman as Jolee Bindo. Think about that.

I think it would be awesome if they made Knights of the Old Republic into a live action feature film. Christian Bale as Revan, Kate Breckenstale as Bastila, and Jason Statham as Malak...EPIC. Maybe have Morgan Freeman as Jolee Bindo. Think about that.

As awesome as Morgan Freeman would be as Jolee, you know as well as I do that people would just **** moan and complain about every little detail because it's not EXACTLY how they imagined it would be. Star Wars "fans" are truly the worst fans on the world.

As awesome as Morgan Freeman would be as Jolee, you know as well as I do that people would just **** moan and complain about every little detail because it's not EXACTLY how they imagined it would be. Star Wars "fans" are truly the worst fans on the world.

I don't see a lot of people moaning about the Original trilogy.

I do however see a lot of people moaning about the Prequels, and RIGHTLY so.

Is it too much to expect a decent storyline with good writing? Not having the entire film a huge CGI fake fest?

There is nothing wrong with Star Wars fans but everything wrong with recent efforts of Star Wars filmmaking.

Look at LOTR, all the fans would have had different imaginations of the story but those movies are universaly and critically commended.

Why? because they are good well made films.

Edited by WiGhTkNiGhtt

When did he state that?

I remember in a youtube interview, he stated after making the entire six 3D he will begin the next trilogy of movies.

Edited by BrandonSM

You know I didn't want to post this vid, but this guy is spot on with the whole people that "hate" or talk about movies. Now its about horror remakes mostly, but you can take what he says and apply it to other movies not just horror. It is truthful though in some ways, I recommend people watch it especially the last few minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAkojquRpBc&feature=plcp&context=C3a0a013UDOEgsToPDskKTx84DFLb8XmFT9Y5DZay9

Also this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLd7HuLgDKg&feature=related

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Morgan Freeman as Jolee Bindo would be epic.

God help us if Lucas gets his hands on another star wars project. Especially any pre-prequel ones. That time in history is the best I think. Untouched by George.

Morgan Freeman as Jolee Bindo would be epic.

God help us if Lucas gets his hands on another star wars project. Especially any pre-prequel ones. That time in history is the best I think. Untouched by George.

Problem is who is going to tell Lucas to keep his mitts off the next Star Wars movie?

He is not just some subordinate studio Director. He has become his own Studio head/Billionaire.

None of his brown nose underlings are going to tell him.

He saw the light with Empire Strikes Back ( the number 2 movie on my all time fav movies list) and hired his old teacher Irvin Kershner to Direct while he stepped back into Exec Producer. Please for the love of God Lucas do the same again.

A KoTOR film needs to be made. If Lucas is as money hungry as we thinks we is, he will do it and he WILL butcher the story. He might even make it all CGI...it would ruin it. Another problem is the choices issue. I'm not sure what the true canon story is for revan, but that would have to be fleshed out before pre-production. Maybe it already is, I haven't read the book.

But if they do make it, live action and everything, I really want them to retain the amazing twist. I won't even tell my friends what happens because its that good of a twist to expirence. They need to have start at the start of the game as well, with background information flowing in periodically by Carth's and Bastilla's characters, leading up to the end game. Some content will have to be cut to get the film to feasible lengths.

A KoTOR film needs to be made. If Lucas is as money hungry as we thinks we is, he will do it and he WILL butcher the story. He might even make it all CGI...it would ruin it. Another problem is the choices issue. I'm not sure what the true canon story is for revan, but that would have to be fleshed out before pre-production. Maybe it already is, I haven't read the book.

No, TOR era movies. Leave that to BW.

Make a new Era Lucas. Or tell someone else to. No more skywalkers or Solo's,

While that could change, right now there are no plans.

For me personally, I would love to see some Star Wars films that aren't about the Skywalker line. A young Han Solo movie, maybe? Or perhaps a war movie about infantry (similar to Battlefront)? Or something completely original that's a powerful story but doesn't hold the fate of the galaxy in the plot.

I would love to see a movie based from the soldiers perspective. Or darker, more adult themed movie, although i know that wont happen as long as Star Wars is in the title.

I would love to see a movie based from the soldiers perspective. Or darker, more adult themed movie, although i know that wont happen as long as Star Wars is in the title.

Revenge of the sith was supposed to be dark...it ended up just being killing children.

Revenge of the sith was supposed to be dark...it ended up just being killing children.

Yeah, it was "supposed" to be. I know its the only SW movie that was rated pg13, but i would like to see something rated NC17 or R. Something serious and gritty

When did he state that?

I remember in a youtube interview, he stated after making the entire six 3D he will begin the next trilogy of movies.

In a 2008 interview with Total Film magazine:

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX."

Make a new Era Lucas. Or tell someone else to. No more skywalkers or Solo's,

This.

Though personally, I'd be interested in seeing something more about the Shadow War Chronicles (aka sequel to Willow) but apparently it didn't do well enough at the box office to warrant more movies so Lucas had them turned into books.

Edited by ThumbtackJake

Holy crap that would be too good, Jason Statham as Malak.

REVAN! you Slaaagggg

In a 2008 interview with Total Film magazine:

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX."

Well, once he's gone I don't think anything will stop the eventual sequels. It's not like the empire would suddenly crumble after the death of the emperor and vader.

Does he want lucas arts to just tell stories about the clone wars ad nauseum? If anything, the empire would be more interesting with power struggles now that the sith are gone.