Bubble Stun wars

Targarion

So someone is doing 18k damage to you in 4 seconds? Only way you die in 4 seconds is focus fire and at that point it doesn't matter how much HP you have if your team doesn't help.

I was guarded at the time and they were taunted. Two people focus fired me. Of course the two were a lolsmasher and a pyrotech.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was guarded at the time and they were taunted. Two people focus fired me. Of course the two were a lolsmasher and a pyrotech.

So 2 people managed to take away 18k health while half of their damage was being redirected to another player and they were doing 30% less damage from their attacks to you in 4 seconds? Even a 7k smash would have hit you for 2450, which wouldn't even pop your bubble. At least try and come up with a plausible scenario. Unguarded and untaunted you could eat a TD>RS and Smash>VT combo for 18 k MAYBE if both attackers were extremely geared.

Bubble stun fix: The stun effect shall only be applied to the caster.

This should be applied when derp is fixed/nerfed/refined

Derp smash fix: Provide a CD/proc time on the autocrit and/or reduce the window of time for the autocrit....or....change the ability to single target damage.

I think derp is a much bigger problem than stun bubbles in the grand scheme of things. However, it would appear that BW created a poor mechanic to counter a specific problem rather than fixing the problem. I'm not trying to derail the topic, but I don't think you can look at the bubble stun problem without also addressing the derpsmash problem.

It would be cool if all the ranked teams on this server would agree to stop using Bubble Stun, dont see it happening until it gets nerfed though lol.

Thanks for providing my point, teams are being made to use a Bubble Stun method to win.

Lets read what Hairyzac said to me about Bubble Stun shall we,

No one is coordinating their bubbles to CC you dude. It isn't happening every second. You are just getting CC'd a lot because you don't really understand how to play the game at all. Don't get offended. Get better.

Hairyzac meet a IAMLEGEND guild member saying teams are coordinating Bubble Stuns.

So let me say it again,

Teams are geting formed with a Sage or Sorc speced in Bubble Stun to beat teams with this.

Any team without it is dealing with too much cc, it is almost impossible to deal with unless your premade is really good or lucky the other team hasn't Bubble Stunned your group to death before your team can get a objective done.

Objectives and games are being won by Bubble Stun groups, I don't see this being skill at all and rerolls for this is all over the place now.

A instant fix needs addressed.

Edited by Caeliux

Thanks for providing my point, teams are being made to use a Bubble Stun method to win.

Lets read what Hairyzac said to me about Bubble Stun shall we,

Hairyzac meet a IAMLEGEND guild member saying teams are coordinating Bubble Stuns.

So let me say it again,

Teams are geting formed with a Sage or Sorc speced in Bubble Stun to beat teams with this.

Any team without it is dealing with too much cc, it is almost impossible to deal with unless your premade is really good or lucky the other team hasn't Bubble Stunned your group to death before your team can get a objective done.

Objectives and games are being won by Bubble Stun groups, I don't see this being skill at all and rerolls for this is all over the place now.

A instant fix needs addressed.

Meh, I was mostly making my own point in a thread about bubble stun on our server forum, thought about it when a certain member of casuals was complaining about bubble stun during a rated match against us.. They were also running bubble stun.. Why don't we all just stop using bubble stun in ranked.. my guild (including our sorc healer) would rather have full heals if bubble stun wasn't so OP and I'm sure dps on every team would be happier.

probably wont happen unless the majority of teams agree to it..

Edited by Jakev-

Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true. But I guess I'm never going to get through to someone clamoring for class changes on the realm forums. LOL

So you surrender I see, good now stay quiet and let the grownups talk.

Meh, I was mostly making my own point in a thread about bubble stun on our server forum, thought about it when a certain member of casuals was complaining about bubble stun during a rated match against us.. They were also running bubble stun.. Why don't we all just stop using bubble stun in ranked.. my guild (including our sorc healer) would rather have full heals if bubble stun wasn't so OP and I'm sure dps on every team would be happier.

probably wont happen unless the majority of teams agree to it..

Ranked and regular is affected by this.

I know premades won't let off the gas until Bioware revamps it, until then my guild expect to see Bubble Stun coordinated groups.

Me and my bro both will be playing heals and dps switching up, and we both agreed not to use Bubble Stun just for the fact of it being the cheapest way to play in this game and we don't want to win like that.

I hate this if you can't beat them join them mentality in this game.

Dear melee,

You stop tearing sorcs a new black hole with 6k+ smashes, rail shots, mauls, vicious throws and ravages, and we'll consider tossing Madness a second look.

Thanks,

sorcs

Dear ranged,

If you're having a lot of issues with bubble stuns, it's because you're terrible and it has nothing to do with stuns.

Thanks,

sorcs

Dear operatives,

Well yeah, you kinda get shafted, but then again you're probably used to it by now.

Sorry,

sorcs

Edited by Argure

Dear operatives,

Well yeah, you kinda get shafted, but then again you're probably used to it by now.

Sorry,

sorcs

This made me laugh. Thanks I understand. Sometimes I catch one of you unawares and get a nice sweet vengeful 6k crit on one of you. TIl then, survive and bubble it up.

Just faced a pug team with 5 ops, 1 of them a sniper, and 3 sorcs.

2 of the sorcs was bubble stun, other 1 was madness.

Just imagine the cc happening with bubble stun + op open and stun.

Yea it was impossible to move lol.

Edited by Caeliux

Bubble stun is not ok. However, it is the only thing making sorcs viable currently. Yes, we can do ok in full heals but it's difficult and requires a lot of pampering from allies.

As sad as it is for me, if the bubble stun is nerfed in the wrong way my sorc is going back into retirement. It's just painful to play a sorc compared to all the other 50s I have. Sorc is my first and will always be my main, but there needs to be an end to my masochism.

A bubble stun nerf will effectively kill dps sorcs due to the hybrid being gone, and most of us are aware that full dps trees for sorcs have no room in serious competition.

I really, really hope they take a good look at sorcs overall before they do anything with the bubble stun.

I really, really hope they take a good look at sorcs overall before they do anything with the bubble stun.

I agree and I don't want a nerf where sage and sorc get buried.

But bubble stun needs revamped somehow, its out of hand the amount of cc piled on you cause of this.

Edited by Caeliux

Bubble stun helps mitigate smash stacking, it has a place in the game. And it helps teach your dps to focus fire. It's amazing how little time hostile sorc's get to bubble everything when your DPS forces them to actually heal.

This. I run bubble stun most of the time. I find it pretty cute that all the melee classes QQ so hard about bubble stun when it prevents them from facerolling us.

Now, I'm all for it being removed and legitimate pvp damage and healing improvements put in its place - although healing isnt in nearly a bad place as DPS is. I'm also compeltely for Bioware to disallow people from breaking their own bubbles of protection - that's ridiculous.

but otherwise, as "PvP" stands now, it's an equalizer to all the other OPness thats been floating around this game for the better part of 7-8 months.

I'm like Monty above, I rolled my sorc on day 1, it's my main. I played it the best I could even before bubble stun. In fact I then rolled a mara to 50, but still went back to my sorc. It's just what I want to play most of the time.

Although my soon to be 50 sniper is growing on me, fast.

Edited by islander

I have played bubble mez and now stun since 1.2. Mainly because it is too funny listening to the Smash FoTMers.

I get this all day long... "You're terrible at this game, all you do is stun n run, stun n run." - OPSMASH

I usually reply with something cute like. "All you do is smash"

Give me back a 1.5 second Dark Infusion after a resurgence and I'll go back to puddle. Until then... I will spam bubbles on everyone all day long.

It's nobody's fault but Bioware's allowing a such a cc control with bubble stun, its baffling that its still around with all the complaints and videos of it.

So much chain cc and uncontrollable things happens over this, and its not just melee its 8 man premades of all classes affected by this.

Also... it is good for othesr to remember. That stun is easily cleansed. Keep your cleanses on cd my friends.

Yes a healer can clease long as that healer isn't cced and focused to death, remember cleanse is not aoe but bubble stun is.

The amount of seconds to cleanse one target when 3 seconds are happening being stunned by it don't add up on being able to move your toon fast enough unless you have a trinket off cd, if not and your focused your dead.

Not to mention yea the smash builds smashing you after a bubble pops, so we got 2 things going on same time.

Guilds of premades are going these specs to counter same specs, so its a beat them with same comp because no other comp can beat it at moment in SWTOR.

Sad but true stuff going on.

Edited by Caeliux

i just don't see how bubble stun is affecting groups that much. maybe if your dps didn't swarm like 4 year olds around a soccer ball, then 4 or 5 wouldn't get stunned at the same time. and lol@ any healers or ranged dps complaining about bubble stun, that is so laughable. i bet you s key with force speed too

coming from someone who has run full lightning successfully since launch, bubble stun is the only thing that allows me to compete and/or 1v1 most people. Do I think they should remove the stun on people other than the caster? Yes. Do I think you shouldn't be allowed to click it off? Yes. My biggest fear though is that they are going to adjust the resolve value. As it currently stands, I can rely on my bubble stuns combined with root knockback and hard stun to effectively keep people off me and allow myself to hard cast...not to mention force slow, but with all the whining about snares that should be adding resolve....

I'm not sure what adjustments they can make aside from adding defensive cooldowns to sorcs. If they buff our damage too much I think that's a bad thing, because I do great burst and overall damage already.

On the flip side, all my other 50 alts are melee, so I understand the frustration of popping 2 or 3 bubbles in a row. But as hard as I can burst on people, especially with a concealment op or deception sin...it really isn't that bad. Usually that's the only thing that keeps most healers alive.

i just don't see how bubble stun is affecting groups that much. maybe if your dps didn't swarm like 4 year olds around a soccer ball, then 4 or 5 wouldn't get stunned at the same time. and lol@ any healers or ranged dps complaining about bubble stun, that is so laughable. i bet you s key with force speed too

This is where most of the rage comes from Xeno... Those little kiddies swarming to Smash Smash Smash getting angry they can't HULK SMASH because they are stunned.

coming from someone who has run full lightning successfully since launch, bubble stun is the only thing that allows me to compete and/or 1v1 most people.

I hope you are not serious, cause if that is your excuse to keep it around that is pretty sad.

I never in my life heard a sage or sorc needing bubble stun to 1 vs 1 or compete.

Ever..

I hope you are not serious, cause if that is your excuse to keep it around that is pretty sad.

I never in my life heard a sage or sorc needing bubble stun to 1 vs 1 or compete.

Ever..

You are trolling right? You have to be. This guy is trolling right?

So I use to play on this server when it was still the Fat man and man PVP hear is ugly! THe skill level is high and all but man o man, players here love to use bubble stun. I know the mechanics is suppose to help sorcs and sages but some players take it to a whole new level. Anyone else find the stuns annoying to pvp?

As a marauder there's a 90% chance I'm already in a stun when a bubble stun goes off so it doesn't bother me.

Edited by Badfenix