Steam-Inspired Login Reward and Shae Vizla Returns!

DanielSteed

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be items that if you got them you got them if you didn't too bad. I remember I missed the "A Piece of Blue Sky" Event in MxO b/c when it happened I wasn't a sub. There was a Cap and Shirt that went along with the Event. It was like a "status symbol". Same with the Beta Jacket and Gloves. Much I would have liked to have the aforementioned items I wasn't there. Similar I guess to the Founder Tag, I wouldn't want that to be reissued.

So I'm not for reissues but at the end of it all meh I guess, Its not going to change my play. At least those who have already Shae are not getting yet another astromech droid.

I'm happy for players who weren't around for shae before.

But what is there for those of us who were? The longest lapse in a sub I've had was 4 days, thanks to an issue I had to contact cs to resolve.

Long term subs get nothing....because we are nothing to them. The fact we are still subbed, even though there has been a lot of **** in the game, shows they can ignore us, and go and court new subs, we're the old and worn down partners at home,, who keep hoping that they'll look at us again, pay attention to us again, hoping that some day we'll be important, but meanwhile they are out dancing with new young and nubile subs .

I wasn't there during the Onslaught beta. So I missed the achievements, the Strike Team titles and also Kai Zykken MK-85 Test Log Mount.

Can I please get these? Thanks.

Why do people keep trying to equate in-game achievements that required one to do something in the game to a subscriber bonus item that was a bonus appended onto one's subscription that required nothing more than being subscribed on X day in Y month?

Why do people keep trying to equate in-game achievements that required one to do something in the game to a subscriber bonus item that was a bonus appended onto one's subscription that required nothing more than being subscribed on X day in Y month?

Because people are greedy, and want it all....gimmie, gimmie, gimmie....

NB: I've always been against it being brought back, should have got it the first time, or not at all. But since they changed the rules, they should bring back ALL SUB / Cantina / Code rewards.

Call me impatient, but the 28th can't get here soon enough!!! Sure it's next week, but still!

Btw, yes I do have a short attention span...

Not to curb your excitement, but promotions that are running until a specific date usually do not grant their rewards immediately, but only after the promotion time is over. They basically "collect" the data from the eligible accounts and give out the rewards to everyone at once at a specific time afterwards. It might be different this time and the wording for the Flair seems to indicate that you get it right away, but don't be too fixated on getting Shae right away and be prepared to receive her some time in October when the promotion is over.

Edited by Phazonfreak

There's a couple of flaws in your reasoning though.

First of all, Shae Vizla is the best DPS companion, therefore it's more than just window dressing.

Second, exclusive rewards becoming non-exclusive by repeating them is a flat out lie. Don't call them exclusive then. This is the whole point why people feel cheated because they were presented as now or never.

I will say this...they should've NEVER done this in the first place. I was one of the people who spoke out against rewarding things like full fledged companions and story (HK chapter) as exclusives. But they did. So this is now admitting that what they told us back then was not the truth. And they don't talk about it either. Not a single apology for misleading us in hindsight and all that. If anything that would've been better than just acting like it was not as exclusive back then as it was. Why can they do this with the HK chapter and not this time?

It's just bs in the way they did it. First lying to us that it was a one-time only deal, then coming back on your word and acting like nothing happened. I don't care that people get another shot at getting this companion. But the way they handle it is just not right. If it's an exclusive then it's an exclusive. If you change your mind then at least communicate about that and apologise.

Me ... flawed ??

HA !! My wife of 46 years couldn't help but to snicker !!

The simple fact is that I'm rarely NOT messed up somewhere !!

:D

Exclusivity is something of a misnomer when it comes right down to it. IMO any item that is presented as a benefit / gift or form of entitlement is somewhat subjective in presentation. All of which is so designated by the person(s) or company by whom it is being delineated. As such they have the right to reapportionment as they see fit. How that is executed does, however, seem to be a reflection of characteristics which do not always place BW / EA in the best or most desirable position with their clientele with the longest tenure.

Me personally ... I have a tendency to look at "things" which are given out as "rewards" or "bonus" gifts as simply an opportunity. In direct application to this game ... sometimes those items are of a specific benefit to me. For the most part they are not. That is not an indictment against the development team. It IS SIMPLY a statement of my personal reflection on those "rewards / gifts or bonus" items.

WHY do I think this way ?

Simply stated ... I do appreciate the efforts of those who are doing the work. I also realized that there are thousands of others who are playing this game, most of whom see things differently than I do. Their "needs" are different than mine. And perhaps (like it or not) it is also undeniable that I fit into a demographic category that is largely ignored in almost every aspect of this game. When something is done which I personally do benefit from it is very rare. It is without question appreciated more than you can possibly imagine !

I appreciate the efforts of those doing the work.

And maybe ... just maybe one day some of the items which I have been asking for ( scattered across literally dozens of threads) might accidentally show up in game.

Long term subs get nothing....because we are nothing to them. The fact we are still subbed, even though there has been a lot of **** in the game, shows they can ignore us, and go and court new subs, we're the old and worn down partners at home,, who keep hoping that they'll look at us again, pay attention to us again, hoping that some day we'll be important, but meanwhile they are out dancing with new young and nubile subs .

The reward for subbing to a game should be a sub to the game.

Thank you though, for subbing to a game that didn't deserve it at the time. Your reward is a bunch of useless HK-47 junk, a coat that looks 1000% better in the promotional artwork than in the game, and two companions, one of which is the highest dps companion.

But oh noes! Now one of those is simply that you got the companion 1360-ish days before anyone else. You were loyal to EA/Bioware at a time when there was no reason to be loyal to them, and now that loyalty is being tested. If there is any justice in the world, you clearly deserve a special reward. Hopefully it happens, delivered on your porch in a brown paper bag, aflame with the light of justice.

Enjoy all those bikini clad Shaes that will be walking the fleet in a few weeks. If you despair, worry not. For a brief moment of almost 4 years, you truly were a special person in the eyes of EA/Bioware.

Yes, these rewards they're clamoring over are mostly garbage anyway. ofc, it's not about the quality of the items as much as it is the exclusivity of them and the privilege of being a have while others are have-nots.

Let me take the opportunity to say how much I enjoy playing Shroud of Memory, though tbh the story was not worth all the hype, nor were the comps. It was probably not worth 3800 CC. No, what I enjoy about it is the tears of subs who didn't want me to ever play it because BW supposedly promised it to THEM, exclusively and in perpetuity, and even several years after the fact they're still jealously guarding their shinies.

Edited by Ardrossan

Yes, these rewards they're clamoring over are mostly garbage anyway. ofc, it's not about the quality of the items as much as it is the exclusivity of them and the privilege of being a have while others are have-nots.

Let me take the opportunity to say how much I enjoy playing Shroud of Memory, though tbh the story was not worth all the hype, nor were the comps. It was probably not worth 3800 CC. No, what I enjoy about it is the tears of subs who didn't want me to ever play it because BW supposedly promised it to THEM, exclusively and in perpetuity, and even several years after the fact they're still jealously guarding their shinies.

While I do not agree with the entire context of this ... I do agree that as one who has been here since the beginning ... if one is not careful that "badge of pride" can be worn and displayed with an inappropriate attitude.

Offering the "rewards" to others should be seen in a more gracious light in what it can be often revered.

There is also something to be said about HOW a particular item was presented in the first place. By that I mean ... perhaps the idea of "exclusivity" is erroneous to begin with.

Observation: ... it's all a matter of personal perspective. I personally have no argument / problem with this latest decision on Shae companion.

I would like to see as a matter of personal indulgence, other items implemented in the game as mentioned earlier. It is unfortunate that at this time there seems to be a dark cloud of skepticism which has crept into the equation when discussing the potential future of my own expectations and desires.

I simply try to enjoy the game as it is ... nothing more.

The reward for subbing to a game should be a sub to the game.

If that was the case, we wouldn't have shae, or hk, or all of it, a reward is the EXTRA bit... And at a time when the cry babies were running away and unsubbing, some people stayed subbed, just to get the shroud chapter, without them you might not have a forum to come on and be sarcastic and s****y on.

You know I see more people crying and playing victim than answering peoples questions...

I asked when this thread first started, is this exclusive to those logging on steam to play? no answer...

So than I start reading peoples comments on the subject, and to my amazement the level of crying going on more than rivals a new born baby that hasn't eaten yet cause its 3AM. For real, act your age!!! not everyone has Shae Vizla, cause she was first released under the same blanket 3 yrs ago!!!. Believe it or not, 3 yrs ago is a long time. Some people may have been on tour of duty and thus couldn't log on, thus missing out of the chance to get her. Some may not of had the money, some may have even been in the hospital. In short don't play the classic "poor me, I've been paying for a sub all this time and I'm not getting a reward for it". Hey nub nutz you been getting 500CC a month (as a promotion to try and convince you to subscript). These companion/mount/other rewards come once in a blue moon, be happy we get them at all as most MMOs don't give them at all. This raises the point again about those that want the companions in question, but cant because its a once in a blue moon event.

And now that it is here you want to be a cry baby that you are not getting something new... Now I know for a fact my question isn't going to be answered; too many cry babies here to have any sense of common respect to see past themselves and help someone out. Along that clearly the moderators and other power houses don't care to answer the question either (disappointing). so that's why I'm putting my two cents on the table. If you are over the age of 16 and still cry about not getting something. well I really feel bad for you cause the song, "life gonna suck when you grow up", is completely true. because you think you should get freebies when your paying for a service. and that is what a subscription is... a service, much like your phone bill, your internet bill, even your red light district bill... every once and a while we get something for free as a loyalty token. 2 months ago we got that ugly purple mount. while there are people still asking when we would get access to Paxton, Nico, and Shae. we are getting Shae. congrats you have her. personally I think BW should smarten up. put them on the CCM. and now people have to pay 5-10 bucks for them. and you got it for free because you were there. but this is how it goes... we have to wait. and hope we can claim. |

in short, stop crying because you cant get what you want, don't brag about what you got, you will be disappointed after when someone else gets it. be respectful to the community. and remember, you are paying for a service. they are not required to reward you anything, they are just required to provide you with the service you pay for.

Update- question was answered. a thank you has been sent out. but my two cents remains regarding the crying.

Edited by Palmera
spelling errors/ question was answered.

You know I see more people crying and playing victim than answering peoples questions...

I asked when this thread first started, is this exclusive to those logging on steam to play? no answer...

It was answered, on the first page

The cited article says that it's for all players, not just the ones playing by Steam.

Now, maybe if you weren't too busy crying about people crying, and trying to be morally superior to everyone here, then you might have noticed it.

It was answered, on the first page

Now, maybe if you weren't too busy crying about people crying, and trying to be morally superior to everyone here, then you might have noticed it.

thank you for pointing that post out. my UI is acting up. so yeah... viewing on phone doesn't help either.

thank you, I missed your post. I also missed where it said that.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20200819

The legendary Mandalorian warrior Shae Vizla has returned! Simply ensure you are a subscriber at any time between August 28th, 2020 and October 5th, 2020 and Shae Vizla will be granted to all characters on your account. Any subscription from either SWTOR.com, Steam, or gametime card will qualify! This is a limited time offer so subscribe today and head into combat with this legendary warrior at your side. Offer expires on October 5th, 2020.

Thankfully it's for everyone (well every sub :) )

Edited by DarkTergon

This is great, I'm glad others have a new opportunity to receive She Vizla as a companion if they missed it last time.

I'll add to the chorus of everyone else by saying I hope Nico, Paxton, & Ranos are next!

I already have Shae, Nico, & Paxton. So Master Ranos is the one I really want!

Yeah, maybe I disagree with executing of Shae return, but excited anywya.

Well as much as I wait also for Nico and Paxton I wait the most for Ranos.

Ranos>Shae>Nico>Paxton for me, so I wait for upgraded and changed DvL 2.0 or something similiar to it.

Unfortunately they said maybe after 10th anniverary so that is a long time to wait, but I hope 10th will be something really epic so waiting will be pleasant.

Me ... flawed ??

HA !! My wife of 46 years couldn't help but to snicker !!

The simple fact is that I'm rarely NOT messed up somewhere !!

:D

Exclusivity is something of a misnomer when it comes right down to it. IMO any item that is presented as a benefit / gift or form of entitlement is somewhat subjective in presentation. All of which is so designated by the person(s) or company by whom it is being delineated. As such they have the right to reapportionment as they see fit. How that is executed does, however, seem to be a reflection of characteristics which do not always place BW / EA in the best or most desirable position with their clientele with the longest tenure.

Me personally ... I have a tendency to look at "things" which are given out as "rewards" or "bonus" gifts as simply an opportunity. In direct application to this game ... sometimes those items are of a specific benefit to me. For the most part they are not. That is not an indictment against the development team. It IS SIMPLY a statement of my personal reflection on those "rewards / gifts or bonus" items.

WHY do I think this way ?

Simply stated ... I do appreciate the efforts of those who are doing the work. I also realized that there are thousands of others who are playing this game, most of whom see things differently than I do. Their "needs" are different than mine. And perhaps (like it or not) it is also undeniable that I fit into a demographic category that is largely ignored in almost every aspect of this game. When something is done which I personally do benefit from it is very rare. It is without question appreciated more than you can possibly imagine !

I appreciate the efforts of those doing the work.

And maybe ... just maybe one day some of the items which I have been asking for ( scattered across literally dozens of threads) might accidentally show up in game.

Well with exclusivity I mean that BioWare presented it as a one-time only offer. Whatever you want to call that, it simply wasn't going to be true. In part because over time, because of the nature of these rewards, it would become untenable. I find that deceitful and I simply don't appreciate people doing that.

It's not about the rewards themselves, it's about how they were presented at the time and them doing a 180. I knew it would happen, but BioWare just doesn't like to communicate honestly and that really rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

I'm sure I'll get over it, but at the moment it irks me.

Many years ago I was up at night watching infomercials and shop at home on the TV. this was before the internet and i didnt feel like loading up a game on my sega or NES....so i watched. On one home shopping network they were selling fantasy swords. The guy selling them was really excited about the sword and kept remarking on how it was a limited edition, signed and numbered. I dont remember the number, but it was limited so something like 2000 swords or less. He was really excited and, for a brief second, i got excited too. And then he said words that till this day i think of whenever i read about limited editions and offers..."This sword (he said) was limited edition.........and it sells out every time its on the show."

i blunk twice when he said that....so what he was saying is that it was just limited right now, but it will be back later on for another round of sales with the same limited edition title and numbering. The sword, as a collectible, was worthless. It would probably look great hanging on someones wall, but as an investment it was worth less than the cheap materials they probably used to make it in the first place.

what this boils down to is that whenever i read that something is a limited time offer i simply read, this time, its limited and next time it will be limited. Now i have refrained from a lot of these discussions because i do believe games should have exclusive items that are truly limited. I wont get into the reasons why, but will just say that I do. agree or disagree thats fine, too, as your opinion is just that.

regardless, they will continue to get mileage out of companions as time goes by and just know that when bioware says, "limited time offer" they are like the home shopping guy trying to sell a sword...its limited this time...and next time they offer it it will be limited, too, and so forth each time.

have fun, stay safe, and be good to each other.

This is a limited time offer

Is it though?

It was time limited when I got it due to subbing when it was - a limited time offer.

Then there was this other time when it was a limited time offer.

Now it's again a limited time offer. :rolleyes:

I don't like this offer. It's not that I don't want others to be able to get Shae Vizla, especially if it means more subs. But I somehow feel tricked, because I thought back then I would receive something exclusive. That's exactly how they marketed it. In retrospective, false advertisement. :(

The only way I will accept what they are doing here, is if they give me the possibility to get other exclusive rewards, e. g. the pre-order crystals and the Razer promotion items. It would only be fair to make those available again as well. Why should you get Shae, but I shouldn't get that green-black crystal? You didn't earn Shae. I didn't earn the crystal. You get Shae now. I don't get the crystal now. Unfair. :mad: