How much DPS for DF & DP approximately?

Hey everyone,

as the title says, I'm wondering how much DPS you should do on a dummy to go into mentioned operations? This, of course, is just an approximate value I can navigate myself to.

Thanks for any constructive reply.

Depends which modes your on about:

SM: Virtually nothing, maybe 1800 dps on dummy for DF and 2000 dps for DP but you can easily get carried if you're doing less.

HM: For DF I'd say 2.8k on dummy to be safe (you could probably get away with 2.6k), for DP at least 3k.

NiM: I've not started nightmare myself but probably wouldn't attempt DF NiM unless you are parsing at least 3.4k, but even then what really matters (and with all modes) is boss uptime. You could have the best DPS on the dummy but that's useless if you don't have a good strategy on how to to apply that DPS to a boss fight (i.e. what to attack/when ect).

I do recommend running parsec overlay as you go through a few ops runs, it's very useful on finding out instances on when you likely are going to lose uptime and finding mistakes that could be improved upon.

Story mode ? Somewhere between 2000 and 2500 on the dummy should be good.

EDIT: huh. Well maybe I'm thinking of too much, then. I suppose it depends how well your dummy dps translates into an actual fight, and whether or not you armor-debuff the dummy to achieve your score (I was assuming you would).

The Dread council SM tends to be the downfall of many casual groups, and having a lot of DPS can really make that fight easier.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

Honestly, if you are decked out in at least some 66 pieces and know how your class works and which rotation to use, you are safe, story mode basically has no DPS requirement. They only problem you will face is that to many people has no idea what to do in the bossfights and that your tank/healers die and you wipe. Read up a bit on the fights so you know what to expect and you will be perfectly fine even with "bad" gear,

Knowledge > Gear

Story mode ? Somewhere between 2000 and 2500 on the dummy should be good.

EDIT: huh. Well maybe I'm thinking of too much, then. I suppose it depends how well your dummy dps translates into an actual fight, and whether or not you armor-debuff the dummy to achieve your score (I was assuming you would).

I forgot about the armor debuff, however to be safe I'd say you'd need to achieve those figures in my post without it on most classes and maybe a little higher if your class provides a debuff.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

Thanks guys, I totally forgot to mention that I was referring to HM :rolleyes:

So I was running SMs for a couple of months now and I'm doing 2.5k without armor debuff or 1000k health, also I'm not parsing with an Adrenal nor Stim. What can I expect to be my DPS like with all those things up? (I'm playing a Madness/Deception Assassin)

Thanks guys, I totally forgot to mention that I was referring to HM :rolleyes:

So I was running SMs for a couple of months now and I'm doing 2.5k without armor debuff or 1000k health, also I'm not parsing with an Adrenal nor Stim. What can I expect to be my DPS like with all those things up? (I'm playing a Madness/Deception Assassin)

Keep your parser running when you're doing those SM ops and you'll get a decent ballpark figure on how you're doing. Keep in mind that when doing ops organised there will be timed inspirations, adds will be together etc, whilst at the same time being a bit more challenging. If you start doing HM's, your dps will probably at first be a little bit lower than your SM values, to then increase slightly once you learn the fights.

When analysing your parses, what you can do is to also make sure your APM doesn't drop too much. First check your APM on the dummy and make sure it's not much lower than the highest parses (a low APM often means you're not hitting the skills as fast as you should and has a huge impact on dps) of your class and spec. (And make sure your skill rotation is what is should be.) So now that you know you're doing what you should be doing, try to do it as much as possible whenever there's something up that you should be hitting. Check the value, the closer it is to your dummy APM the better it is. Did you have a higher APM this time compared to the last time you did this boss? Why? Why not? If you do all that (and keep improving slightly), then there should be no reason you shouldn't be ready for HM's. Assuming your gear is up to par, of course.