dread council question

Right so the first time I did dread council SM on my main (two weeks ago or so) was with a very pro guild which had already killed the first four bosses that needed a 16th member to fill out the group. When I told it was my first time basically the only instruction I got was the order in which to kill the bosses.

Ten minutes later they were dead and I got my title.

Now today I joined a group on my sniper alt that was also adding for DF last boss.

Fight went more or less the same, all went back to their throne to recuperate, the two ghosts come out, we kill Styrak and we are busy killing Brontes. All of a sudden dread master Raptus is standing next to me and before I could even react I was dead (He literally scared the bejeezus out of me lol)

Rest of the raid died in a matter of seconds afterwards.

Can anyone explain what went wrong here? The first time I did this the four dread masters did not leave their thrones until both ghosts were dead, so I totally did not expect to see Raptus standing next to me all of a sudden.

I would have asked the group I was in, but while I had just joined, the majority of them had appearantly been trying for an hour or so already, so most of them just ragequitted and the leader disbanded the rest.

When a boss is pushed to 50%, he jumps up to his throne for a set duration (300s), if all bosses are pushed below 50% before any of these timers have ran out they will start a 2nd timer(I think another 300s). This 2nd channel is the the time in which you have to kill both Styrak and Brontes in since at the end of this timer, the bosses will jump down from their thrones. When they jump down they will do a short channel and then go on a raidmember =)

Basically, you need better DPS to kill Styrak and Brontes or you will continue wiping, read some guides and practice your rotations for a bit and you should be fine.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

it was just lack of dps..there shouldn't be too much delay between bestia going back and the last council member going back to throne.put a boss in focus to see the channel and how much time is left before they come down, channel for 20 seconds and start phase 3