Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 03:04 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Yes yes yes, we know... When YOU win it's all skill, baby. When they win, it's because they're overpowered.
In the screenshots there were plenty of other Marauders. Some of them did 70k damage in total when I did over 400k. The highest of all the screenshots was one guy at 300k with a full battlemaster set. I used my PvE gear. Skill gaps exist.

On average the sorcerers using hybrid specs did far better than the others. The ones using the intended 31 point builds did about as well as they should have.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Caelrie
02.05.2012 , 03:06 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
In the screenshots there were plenty of other Marauders. Some of them did 70k damage in total when I did over 400k. The highest of all the screenshots was one guy at 300k with a full battlemaster set. I used my PvE gear. Skill gaps exist.
So where are the screenshots of the sorcs doing more than 400k? Surely there must be a sorc out there somewhere as skilled as you, right? Oh wait, lemme guess... They're ALL bad...

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 03:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
So where are the screenshots of the sorcs doing more than 400k? Surely there must be a sorc out there somewhere as skilled as you, right? Oh wait, lemme guess... They're ALL bad...
Screenshot 5: "Nytran" he's notorious for using a hybrid spec and does 400k+ damage every single warzone. Using a 31 point build I remember him doing around 300k damage and dying a lot more. The guy isn't even all that good because when I interrupt something he panics and backpedals before knocking me back after I've already positioned myself to not fall off the ledge.

Again. Skill gaps exist. Overpowered is when a less skilled player is able to do as well as a more skilled player.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

Caelrie
02.05.2012 , 03:11 AM | #14
You'll have to forgive me for not knowing what you're even talking about. You've posted exactly one screenshot. I even made the effort of looking through your post history but I didn't find any posts by you with all these shots you keep talking about.

Can you link them here please?

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 03:12 AM | #15
The link I posted before is to a set of 7 screenshots. Do you not see them all? You might have Imgur blocked or something.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

Caelrie
02.05.2012 , 03:16 AM | #16
The link I posted before is to a set of 7 screenshots. Do you not see them all? You might have Imgur blocked or something.
My bad, I see them now

And you know what I see? A marauder beating all sorcs at nearly everything in 6 out of 7 shots.

You're not making a strong case here at all.

Vales
02.05.2012 , 03:17 AM | #17
I'm not asking for a nerf to legitimate specs. I'm asking for an end to the unintended hybrid spec that resulted from poor oversight from the devs. There's a reason they're nerfing the assassin hybrid spec, it's overpowered/difficult to balance without breaking the trees when played as intended.
Who says they are unintented?
This game needs more Kel Dor!

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 03:19 AM | #18
The problem is that WZs are flooded with bad players. I farm them all game. If you exclude just me from the screenshots you'll get a clearer picture of a typical WZ. I'm not saying I'm a godly player or anything because there are at least 8-9 others on my server that are about as good as me but everyone else is either not good or not geared enough to be good.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 03:20 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Vales View Post
Who says they are unintented?
Bioware has totally gutted the hybrid tank/madnessDPS assassin build. It's pretty clear hybrid specs aren't intended if you read the patch notes for 1.1.2.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

StellaRossa
02.05.2012 , 03:24 AM | #20
Just read the part where you said that we have a strong buble... really? Even with the talent which adds 20% more "armor" to the buble, it goes down with 1 maybe 2 hits ( it takes around 2.5k damage ). That in you're opinion is a strong buble?

Yeah Bioware, listen to this guy. Sages/Sorc wear light armor, we go down faster than any class in the game. Stop asking for nerfs like a little cry baby.