Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

darth_billy's Avatar


darth_billy
02.06.2012 , 10:26 PM | #101
1st of all swtor is my 1st mmo thats why i dont get a few of the mmo terms you use and i dont know well the the talents on specs except those i have played(marauder mostly)so you might(rightfully ) comsider me as a noob.

I agree with tymri's point about hybrids they are oped i can solo kill everyone i have troops for launch every day but sorcs and sages sometimes cant be beaten.

the true reason i decided to have a say on this post is that i am really pissed most of you dont get how hard and demanding it is to be a marauder(& sentinel i suppose)

btw Tumry i bow down to you you are a monster

marauders are pure dps we have no stuns our "true" buffs are really hard on rotation and they have big cooldowns , they require you to to do 30!!!! succefull attacks 1st or to use frenzy(3min cd) . we have only 2 ways to do serious damage with a single skill like many of which ranged players have(+the ridiculously mere cds lke the 6sec cd on shock and lighting) or without using a combination of skills.
These 2 ways are ravage(15s cd) with 4m range and chaneled for 3 secs it is uselless on pvp since the opponet can simply move out of harms way(i use it only o foes that are stunned ) to counter this drawback you have to go at least 28(31 ofc) at carnage tree to make your ravage immobilize your target but if you do so you have to sacrifice your 2nd to none damage dealer anhilate from the omonymous tree. vicious slash is an instant & reliable hitter but as i noticed it takes almost 3/4 of a sec to be performed the point here is you can connect vicious slashes in a row easily but you can also go 31 on carnage tree and get massacre who deals similar amount of damage(if ataru form) and it is way more fluent. Helpfull effects like saber ward have 3 min cd which is a life time on pvp. rage tree on top has force crush which only helps finish a kill but though it is similar to ruprure but with a 10m range also it has a talent at tier4 that gives you 20% armor penetration that means there is no such a hybrid in our class

ways to escape death or being outnumbered :
only 1 intimidate (1 min cd) no stuns ,no cc ,not even a mere selfhealing, force camouflage last 4secs helps only when you have mates around so they have to stop targeting you

things you have to do-overcome to get a kill :1) force charge to close disatance 2) knockbacks 3) stuns 4) more stuns 5) force charge is finnaly out of colldown 6) go to step 1 and this time the target han enforcements

we have no skills that utalize the environment like force,pull or overload we only can force choke someone on a fire spot and thas why all crie babies claim that is oped despite the fact it has 1 min cd. the only skills we have without no drawbacks s force scream battering assault and cloack of pain.(maybe i forget some unimportant ones)

medals:
i deal about 130-200+k damage i do 22-36+kills and i get only 5-7
even though i do at least 2-3 solo kills every wz 1 get only 1 medal and there is no difference to deal 75k damage or 200k since the ranks are
Combatant - 75k Damage Dealt
Destroyer - 300k Damage Dealt
but still there is 1 medal for 1, 3.5,10k heal-guard!!!! btw these number are superasy to get on a wz
not to mention that we are the 1st target of farmers.

on illum we unarguably have try more than anyone else to farm our kills since we dont have any force attacks with range more than 10meters

HONESTLY I AM FINE WITH ALL OF THESE i really like the marauder most than any of my characters cause he makes feel that i really earn my medals and valor mostly than anyone else but to bring balance all the afformentioned things can remain the same, i suggest one adiitional skill that allows us to close distance even one that deals 0 damage and consumes rage(so its usable on when you are knocked back in a fight) OR a dramatic decrease to the cd of unleash , it think both are really fair since we are the most susceptible spec to stuns and cc short ranged and medium armored.

Though i have be honest marauders most the times are poorly skilled the vast majority doesnt rotates properly to aplly their buffs and they do not use interrupts and on top of all they dont use obfuscate one of the most usefull tricks in our arsenal!

Ojas's Avatar


Ojas
02.06.2012 , 11:29 PM | #102
Because they are crazy easy to play. Just like merc. And get MASSIVE rewards for very little effort.

Elivapor's Avatar


Elivapor
02.07.2012 , 12:25 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by StellaRossa View Post
Oh, look. Thread number 10 000 about how somebody got destroyed by some class in PvP and decided to make a topic about it.
This.

Tumri's Avatar


Tumri
02.07.2012 , 12:27 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Elivapor View Post
This.
Thank you for skipping 11 pages of discussion in favor of just giving a +1 to the very first reply. Your insight is much appreciated.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Nythain's Avatar


Nythain
02.07.2012 , 02:12 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_billy View Post
1st of all swtor is my 1st mmo thats why i dont get a few of the mmo terms you use and i dont know well the the talents on specs except those i have played(marauder mostly)so you might(rightfully ) comsider me as a noob.

I agree with tymri's point about hybrids they are oped i can solo kill everyone i have troops for launch every day but sorcs and sages sometimes cant be beaten.

the true reason i decided to have a say on this post is that i am really pissed most of you dont get how hard and demanding it is to be a marauder(& sentinel i suppose)

btw Tumry i bow down to you you are a monster

marauders are pure dps we have no stuns our "true" buffs are really hard on rotation and they have big cooldowns , they require you to to do 30!!!! succefull attacks 1st or to use frenzy(3min cd) . we have only 2 ways to do serious damage with a single skill like many of which ranged players have(+the ridiculously mere cds lke the 6sec cd on shock and lighting) or without using a combination of skills.
These 2 ways are ravage(15s cd) with 4m range and chaneled for 3 secs it is uselless on pvp since the opponet can simply move out of harms way(i use it only o foes that are stunned ) to counter this drawback you have to go at least 28(31 ofc) at carnage tree to make your ravage immobilize your target but if you do so you have to sacrifice your 2nd to none damage dealer anhilate from the omonymous tree. vicious slash is an instant & reliable hitter but as i noticed it takes almost 3/4 of a sec to be performed the point here is you can connect vicious slashes in a row easily but you can also go 31 on carnage tree and get massacre who deals similar amount of damage(if ataru form) and it is way more fluent. Helpfull effects like saber ward have 3 min cd which is a life time on pvp. rage tree on top has force crush which only helps finish a kill but though it is similar to ruprure but with a 10m range also it has a talent at tier4 that gives you 20% armor penetration that means there is no such a hybrid in our class

ways to escape death or being outnumbered :
only 1 intimidate (1 min cd) no stuns ,no cc ,not even a mere selfhealing, force camouflage last 4secs helps only when you have mates around so they have to stop targeting you

things you have to do-overcome to get a kill :1) force charge to close disatance 2) knockbacks 3) stuns 4) more stuns 5) force charge is finnaly out of colldown 6) go to step 1 and this time the target han enforcements

we have no skills that utalize the environment like force,pull or overload we only can force choke someone on a fire spot and thas why all crie babies claim that is oped despite the fact it has 1 min cd. the only skills we have without no drawbacks s force scream battering assault and cloack of pain.(maybe i forget some unimportant ones)

medals:
i deal about 130-200+k damage i do 22-36+kills and i get only 5-7
even though i do at least 2-3 solo kills every wz 1 get only 1 medal and there is no difference to deal 75k damage or 200k since the ranks are
Combatant - 75k Damage Dealt
Destroyer - 300k Damage Dealt
but still there is 1 medal for 1, 3.5,10k heal-guard!!!! btw these number are superasy to get on a wz
not to mention that we are the 1st target of farmers.

on illum we unarguably have try more than anyone else to farm our kills since we dont have any force attacks with range more than 10meters

HONESTLY I AM FINE WITH ALL OF THESE i really like the marauder most than any of my characters cause he makes feel that i really earn my medals and valor mostly than anyone else but to bring balance all the afformentioned things can remain the same, i suggest one adiitional skill that allows us to close distance even one that deals 0 damage and consumes rage(so its usable on when you are knocked back in a fight) OR a dramatic decrease to the cd of unleash , it think both are really fair since we are the most susceptible spec to stuns and cc short ranged and medium armored.

Though i have be honest marauders most the times are poorly skilled the vast majority doesnt rotates properly to aplly their buffs and they do not use interrupts and on top of all they dont use obfuscate one of the most usefull tricks in our arsenal!
So start a thread demanding buffing marauders? I don't see marauder anywhere in the title of this thread, and if it's such a pain in the *** to play a marauder, maybe the solution should be to give them more utility or simplicity, and not destroy hybrid specs across the board? At least OP had points on topic, which I can concede to some of, though not all of.

Vales's Avatar


Vales
02.07.2012 , 04:47 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
False. Sorcerers do exceptionally well against all classes. The melee are actually the ones that give them a bit of trouble but their utility allows them to come out on top even against them. Rock Paper Scissors balance is also not how games are supposed to work.
Wrong.
This game needs more Kel Dor!

Sykomyke's Avatar


Sykomyke
02.07.2012 , 08:01 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
Thank you for skipping 11 pages of discussion in favor of just giving a +1 to the very first reply. Your insight is much appreciated.
Hey Tumri, your nerd-rage is showing.

And the link from before from BioWare only stated that Marauders had a complex rotation. That's it.

I don't get it; you claim you are so skilled. If you are skilled, then a complex rotation shouldn't bother you. The link was mainly about Juggernauts, but hey...keep grasping at straws bud. Such a weak argument. You literally contradict yourself at every turn, it's actually kind of amusing. And anyone who doesn't agree with you is either A) A troll or B) you reply with a snarky comment.

News flash: If someone disagrees with you it's them disagreeing with your opinion. If you can't deal with people disagreeing with your viewpoint you should probably stop posting on the internet. Heck, you should probably stop communicating with humans AT ALL because if this is how you react in real life when you don't get your way....YEESH. I hate to see what happens then. You'd probably go climb a clocktower and take it out on all passers-by...
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

darth_billy's Avatar


darth_billy
02.07.2012 , 08:02 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
So start a thread demanding buffing marauders? I don't see marauder anywhere in the title of this thread, and if it's such a pain in the *** to play a marauder, maybe the solution should be to give them more utility or simplicity, and not destroy hybrid specs across the board? At least OP had points on topic, which I can concede to some of, though not all of.
i dont start a thread to demand buffs because i dont care if they buff us or not.
the truth is that marauders are under-skilled comparing to other specs. tumri quoted a post of a swtoe dev where they admits that dualwield specs are very demanding.
my suggestions are what is needed to bring balance even if they take place they will still require skill to be administrated by players and thus i consider them the fair since all i am asking as a medium armored 4m-ranged spec in an addiottinal way to close distance cause now i can do so every it 15secs witch is too much if you consider how many knock-backs and stuns and slow downs we have to overcome. a ranged player every time he is knocked or immobilized can still keep dealing damage , a meelee player in the same position has to sto dealing damage & w8 to regain his mobility and w8 for his distance closer to coll down

in my guild the majority of players are BH and they always tell me a GREAT marauder = a noob bounty hunter-sorc which seems to be true

gtdead's Avatar


gtdead
02.07.2012 , 08:13 AM | #109
I'd like to see the 90% of sorc/sages in the game play anything else and do above average lol.

Highest damage I've done in a huttball is 397k. Happened once when I had a personal healer and I'm full champion + bm ear/implants. Sorcs can do over 400k in most games and bounty hunters even more.
Belphegor - Lord Calypho
Battlemaster Marauder

Operative in the makings.

darth_billy's Avatar


darth_billy
02.07.2012 , 08:15 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
Hey Tumri, your nerd-rage is showing.

And the link from before from BioWare only stated that Marauders had a complex rotation. That's it.

I don't get it; you claim you are so skilled. If you are skilled, then a complex rotation shouldn't bother you. The link was mainly about Juggernauts, but hey...keep grasping at straws bud. Such a weak argument. You literally contradict yourself at every turn, it's actually kind of amusing. And anyone who doesn't agree with you is either A) A troll or B) you reply with a snarky comment.

News flash: If someone disagrees with you it's them disagreeing with your opinion. If you can't deal with people disagreeing with your viewpoint you should probably stop posting on the internet. Heck, you should probably stop communicating with humans AT ALL because if this is how you react in real life when you don't get your way....YEESH. I hate to see what happens then. You'd probably go climb a clocktower and take it out on all passers-by...
do not judge marauders according to tumri's efficiency, 9.9/10 wz boards are dominated by ranged player , marauders are 9.9/10 times midtable or bellow at wz boards
it's obvious you havent played a meele class cause if did you could easily realize that tumri is a MONSTER if he was running an assasin we could posibly go of the charts , the fact that he can cope with such a demanding rotation doesnt means it is ok , the effort-result plastigue is very unbalanced for this class.
i bet everything i have if i give a full champ geared marauder you wont do more than 22 kills and 80k damage.