Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Aidank's Avatar


Aidank
02.13.2012 , 10:10 PM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by Lormif View Post
And you say I am bad at picking up implications, you are bad at picking up specifics apparently



And if you dont add up the movement impairment abilities then you cant count ours, it is very logical.
You can't count a sorcerer's instant cyclone with a 2 second stun at the end, and then look at a warriors 1 sec immobilize after a charge and say "Oh, looks like they've both got one, they've got the exact same control"
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

Airoper's Avatar


Airoper
02.13.2012 , 10:16 PM | #1002
When im Battle Master & have full gear ill comment on balance problems till then ill be-leave it when i see it.

Lormif's Avatar


Lormif
02.13.2012 , 10:16 PM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by Aidank View Post
You can't count a sorcerer's instant cyclone with a 2 second stun at the end, and then look at a warriors 1 sec immobilize after a charge and say "Oh, looks like they've both got one, they've got the exact same control"
And where did I say that? However I can state that they have a force choke which is a 3 second stun that does damage

Tumri's Avatar


Tumri
02.13.2012 , 10:20 PM | #1004
Quote: Originally Posted by Lormif View Post
And where did I say that? However I can state that they have a force choke which is a 3 second stun that does damage
You left out the "Channeled" part. It's terrible.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

baltman's Avatar


baltman
02.13.2012 , 10:21 PM | #1005
Since we like fantasy land scenarios where everyone has every cooldown available at all times, let me go ahead and explain how easy it is to take down a sorc on my 34 juggernaut.

Interrupt them, beat on them some. They knock back and root you, non-channeled choke them for 3 seconds. Pop defensive CD, they electrocute you, you sit there the few seconds. Force push them, followed by leap to them, continue beating on them. Free Force scream on them after the leap for a bubble. By now interrupt is back up, so lets interrupt them and keep beating on them. They whirlwind you, break CC ability. Beat on them more. Leap and interrupt are back up again soon if they aren't dead.

And that is just with a level 34, I am sure I get more tricks as I go. Just because you are in a 50 bracket now and might need to use the tools available to you, doesn't mean other classes are OP. Most classes have similar amounts of utility, they just don't know how or when to use them.

Bluesnacks's Avatar


Bluesnacks
02.13.2012 , 10:21 PM | #1006
Sorcerers and Sages are OP. I do not need to add reasons why, since there are a million here and a million counterpoints.

It's just my opinion, which is infallible so it should be fact.

I put in several tickets a day for miscellaneous bugs, and I report sorcerers at the end of each one to annoy the devs, because it's true. They ask for screenshots, I send them. No reply.

They send me answers every now and then and tell me every class has an ability that breaks stuns. Yes, I'm aware after I use it and then get stunned three more times, thanks you retarded ***** for pointing that out because I was just too stupid to see.

Maybe it's just my fault for assuming that they nerfed Scoundrels because they stunned people to death in 4 seconds, while sorcerers can stun people to death for 20 seconds (though in reality it's like 6 seconds). So the only difference is the time it takes you die while stunned which is really only ~2 seconds difference if you time it.

They won't nerf simply because everybody plays them and all it takes is a popsicle stick glued on your 1-4 keys to be effective with them. It's noob heaven and all the baddies that play don't want to reroll their fotm class.
Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

revned's Avatar


revned
02.13.2012 , 10:22 PM | #1007
Quote: Originally Posted by Lormif View Post
And where did I say that? However I can state that they have a force choke which is a 3 second stun that does damage
and does terrible damage, wish i could stun and use a high damanging ability during this time.
L2

Lormif's Avatar


Lormif
02.13.2012 , 10:23 PM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
You left out the "Channeled" part. It's terrible.
So wait, I am expected to be talented to have my instant lift, and the stun afterwards, but I cant expect you to have the talent that makes it not channeled, wow the double standard.

Lormif's Avatar


Lormif
02.13.2012 , 10:24 PM | #1009
Quote: Originally Posted by revned View Post
and does terrible damage, wish i could stun and use a high damanging ability during this time.
then I dont know, talent it?

Telaan's Avatar


Telaan
02.13.2012 , 10:26 PM | #1010
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluesnacks View Post
Sorcerers and Sages are OP. I do not need to add reasons why, since there are a million here and a million counterpoints.

It's just my opinion, which is infallible so it should be fact.

I put in several tickets a day for miscellaneous bugs, and I report sorcerers at the end of each one to annoy the devs, because it's true. They ask for screenshots, I send them. No reply.

They tell me every class has an ability that breaks stuns. Yes, I'm aware after I use it and then get stunned three more times, thanks you retarded ***** for pointing that out because I was just too stupid to see.

They won't nerf simply because everybody plays them and all it takes is a popsicle stick glued on your 1-4 keys to be effective with them. It's noob heaven and all the casuals will be pissed.
Pro tip:

Use your CC break with a full resolve bar.


Nothing like using badness as an excuse for nerf.

I'll take my JG leap roots over those stuns in WZs. Especially in Huttball. Most good Sorc/Sages force speed across the fire with a full resolve bar.....which is meaningless to my leap roots.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Healer/Enhancer 4xx4