More maintenance!!!

Skorzo

I will if you will.
What do you think i assumed?

When i sleep? When primetimes are around the world? What time it is around the world?

Thinking of reasons why something is the way it is isnt assuming. Picking one scenario as fact without information is.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why MMO's are one of the few products that are exempted from proper quality control, and accepted by those that subscribe. Thats right, its BS. If your phone, car, tv, electricity etc were unavailable for several hours, several times a month, would you really think that's acceptable?

There's just not enough outcry about the crap that happens to us subscribers. Partly because of these children who call those who complain, whiners. Has it ever occured to you that we all would benefit if we would stop and say, enough? We put up with bugs, terrible launches, incomplete features and now excessive denial of service and we are wrong? SWtor could have been a couple million subscribers strong, instead we have a fraction of the servers the game started with and upcoming ftp.

Excessive maintenance is just a continuing sympton of incompetence/inexperience on Bioware's end.

What do you think i assumed?

When i sleep? When primetimes are around the world? What time it is around the world?

Thinking of reasons why something is the way it is isnt assuming. Picking one scenario as fact without information is.

Assuming you know when there are less people on the current maintenance cycle than Bioware does.

You don't.

Edited by CaptRavenous

I don't see why MMO's are one of the few products that are exempted from proper quality control, and accepted by those that subscribe. Thats right, its BS. If your phone, car, tv, electricity etc were unavailable for several hours, several times a month, would you really think that's acceptable?

There's just not enough outcry about the crap that happens to us subscribers. Partly because of these children who call those who complain, whiners. Has it ever occured to you that we all would benefit if we would stop and say, enough? We put up with bugs, terrible launches, incomplete features and now excessive denial of service and we are wrong? SWtor could have been a couple million subscribers strong, instead we have a fraction of the servers the game started with and upcoming ftp.

Excessive maintenance is just a continuing sympton of incompetence/inexperience on Bioware's end.

EVE online has maintenance cycles every day. They've been online longer than most.

Try again.

Awesome someone who respects facts.

I wont assume the op is in the Oceanic region as that isnt fact. I am in that region.

I work during the day. I sleep at night. Mainenance windows always start just after i finish work and finish just as i go to bed. 7pm-11 for 4hr maintenance, 7pm-1am for 6hr and tonight i may just squeeze in an hr or two for a 2hr maint.

I have lost a weeks worth of my gameplay in the last month.

There was an Asia Pacific Official release of servers based in the region.

Since this release no changes have been made to the window of maintenance.

There IS a window of time where none of the 3 Officially released regions are affected in their prime times.

11pm Sydney

1am NZ

1pm London

2pm Berlin/Paris

6am LA

9am NY

A normal 4 hr mainenance skips all primetimes. A 6hr maintenance would hit only the first hour of Berlin/Paris.

They do maintenance based on the time there are the least amount of concurrent users online, not the time when the most timezones aren't in prime time. This means that North America and Europe during those hours have more people playing than Asia/Pacific does during Prime Time.

Sorry.

Eve's maintenance is for one hour at 7 in the morning. Often the maintenance doesnt even take the full hour. Maintenance here in SWtor is still relatively early especially for those in PST. And Swtor's maintenance is several hours.

You try again.

Eve's maintenance is for one hour at 7 in the morning. Often the maintenance doesnt even take the full hour. Maintenance here in SWtor is still relatively early especially for those in PST. And Swtor's maintenance is several hours.

You try again.

World of Warcraft, Rift, and pretty much most MMOs have a similiar maintenance cycle that SW:TOR has.

The reason for the frequent maintenance cycles latley, is they have been trying REALLY hard to solve the lag issue, as its been affecting a lot of people.

Yes, you are right, EVE cycles are very short, probably because they are daily.

I wonder how folks here would react if SW:TOR went down daily for almost an hour.

just throw some figures out there. heck next you will fuss when it is free. i take it you play from 2am cst to 6am cst every day. or is the truth you are fast asleep every night at that time and is does not effect you. but i guess if that is all you have to worry about life must be real sweet for you.

thnx bw for working so hard to make my experience better and all i had hoped it would be, getting close so dont stop now.

We really needed this Maintenance IMO.

Was in KP HM last night and the lag and rubber banding were crazy. Admittedly, we still trashed the place but it certainly made it a very frustrating experience. I have noticed as well that the GCD triggers and no abilities trigger some times. Weren't they supposed to fix that? Maybe tonight!

I guess I am in the minority though, I don't care if they bring the servers down during Aus prime time as the game is there no matter what happens. I mean you don't get to play tonight, come back next week. Or tomorrow. Go out and enjoy the night. Or read a book. I don't know.

I don't get all the hoopla every time they do this.

/shrug.

We really needed this Maintenance IMO.

Was in KP HM last night and the lag and rubber banding were crazy. Admittedly, we still trashed the place but it certainly made it a very frustrating experience. I have noticed as well that the GCD triggers and no abilities trigger some times. Weren't they supposed to fix that? Maybe tonight!

I guess I am in the minority though, I don't care if they bring the servers down during Aus prime time as the game is there no matter what happens. I mean you don't get to play tonight, come back next week. Or tomorrow. Go out and enjoy the night. Or read a book. I don't know.

I don't get all the hoopla every time they do this.

/shrug.

Yes i agree the rubber banding effect is a pain in the bum BUT who's to say they are fixing this issue. Just look at the past few patch notes and some of them are things that can wait till the Tuesday maintenance time slot.

I reckon over a 4 - 6 week period we get 5 - 7 days maintenance. So we are paying for a upto 3 weeks a month for our money. what a deal we get folks!!

I get home from work just as the system is going down so I'm not at all happy they are doing yet more maintenance--why weren't the servers restarted on Tuesday as part of the regular service window...?? In any case, it's only 2 hours, and hopefully less, which means I can reinstall winblows on my other box

can u guys really work on not taking servers off line 2-3 times a week. i know the hours u do are due to least amount of volume but im sure im not the only one. I work second shift and my prime time to play is 1-5 am est and u guys taking servers down at 3 am est tells me why log in when servers drop in 1 1/2 hours. can you guys please try to get more done on tuesdays so we dont have servers going down so often.

I do want to thank you guys for the hard work that is being done but this is a bit of a turn of to those who may be less patient than I and in return help with a better view toward the game over all.

thanks

sincerly,

a caring player

P.S. for pointing me here

all my interface got reseted cause there a big issue whit the launcher at moment had a big problem this evening cant login had to call customer service toke 45 min to fix it whit a tech support

like put in my password its say invalid password after a few retry and recheck same thing happen so i reset it and change it but still cant login launcher say same thing

i can log in swtor website whit new password but not in game then called the swtor support we kinda reset and clean the swtor cache or something its fixed alot of bug for me in game that i tought it was from last patch and know issue like

- when some 1 guarded me cant see the blue bubble aroud me when the guy in my range

- cant see the red shield in voidstar near the end where u have to slice a computer to make those shield go down

- at the enter of each quarter in pub fleet the sign area wasnt there now they are after that

- less lag in fleet after that

my preference and all ui got reset cause of it but im happy p

btw the tech support guy was realy competent and gived great service way better then blizzard whit bug lol

Edited by trinyty

If you go under Program Files (x86)>Electronic Arts>BioWare>Star Wars - The Old Republic you will find an application called FixLauncher that should help.

had to call customers service support and that was the first step for my fix but its didnt work toke a whole 45 min on phone whit em they have alot of call at moment

Edited by trinyty

I enjoy playing this game, but I have a life outside of the game. I mostly work nights so I am not on much. Yet when ever I do have a chance to be on. I end up having to cut my game short because of the random server maintenance. I can understand a few quick fixes and a fix a week, all MMO's have those issues. Yet I am playing this game. Why, because I have always been a huge Star Wars fan. I enjoy the stories. I am slightly annoyed at the fact that every time I am on and I just get into the game there is a maintenance issue. I apologize for my agitation but, as a gamer who has played just about every MMO there is out there. I have to say if I'm paying for a game and loosing servers and having 75 ms lag. Then having issues with respawns along with some boss battles like the glitch that was on the black talon flashpoint.

I understand that these issues need to be handled yet these issues have been going on since the game came out. Then there is the server lock and transfers. I just don't know what to do when I am told/ forced to leave my home server Ajunta Pall, the only PVP RP west coast server. Loosing the west coast sever hurt a lot. Considering many of the people on that sever where friends of mine that joined after the fall of CoH (City of Heroes) Now we are all dust in the wind so to speak. Now more than half the servers are locked.

Then there is the heavy load for Begeren Colony. Which is now my new home server.

I can wait for the servers to be fixed and all I would just like to play the game, considering I am paying for it. I support the tech people completely. Its just that having multiple days a week when the servers go down is kinda sad. It hurts the gamers and keeps us from doing what we want to do. We may be in a flashpoint, Warszone or even an operation. When we get the 15 min. warning. Which holds us back as gamers. So please, please. I beg you admins and tech people. Fix the issues so that I and others like me can enjoy your game. That many of us have waited 9 years for. Please, regulate the server fixes.

Especially since we had maintenance on the 10th, then scheduled maintenance on the 12th, and then again today on the 13th?

Edited by OdenLocke

A small price to pay to insure your game experience is as bug-free as possible.

All MMOs have maintanence periods, especially after major patches.

If you don't like it, then maybe you need a hobby other than MMOs.

That is the worst thing...it is not. Every time BW "fix" something, they break 2 other things. When was the last time we only had 1 maintenance day in a week. 2 days is becoming the norm....some recent weeks has been 3 days.

I'm all for "improving game experience", and accept that (if) today's maintenance was to fix the loader, it is warranted....however, there have been rediculous unscheduled maintenance to fix such game breaking bugs such as the incorrect version number displaying (I did not even know it was displayed anywhere!)

To me it just seems BW are inept at patching, most of the unscheduled maintenance days are certainly not for game breaking bug....and even then, almost 100% of unscheduled maintenance is to fix something that was broken by the last patch.

Couple that with the annoying fact they take the forums down every patch as well, just to stop the QQ...and you have a game that cencors you, and just generally does a poor job. (and to the fanbois out there...there have been occasions (twice I think) where the forums have stayed up during maintenance, so do not try and make crap excuses for BW about forum and game servers being linked)

A small price to pay to insure your game experience is as bug-free as possible.

All MMOs have maintanence periods, especially after major patches.

If you don't like it, then maybe you need a hobby other than MMOs.

I have no problem with the once a week scheduled maintenance, having experienced this in many MMO's over the last 12yrs. Yet the continual unscheduled maintence almost 2 weeks after the major patch is the problem. One can be expected but we're up to 3 or 4 that I know of and i'm willing to bet on another.

How about you thank the majority of EU and Oceanic players for paying for your "bug-free" experience, they're the ones paying for the frequent unscheduled server down time.