Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pyrotech and Advanced Prototype Powertech/Plasmatech and Tactics Vanguard Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Pyrotech and Advanced Prototype Powertech/Plasmatech and Tactics Vanguard Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

snifsnif
07.17.2015 , 11:52 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetrus View Post
Uh, how on earth do you manage your heat without the lower cost of Rocket Punch? No offense, but I'd love to see some parses from you or at least some of your better boss fights.
Hello on Sword Squadron 8HM.
I can only give a torparse screencap because parsely refuse my "French" combatlog. Not so easy not to go full Heat, but possible. (or on this movie look player Bakatek you'll see heat. And yes i'm not bursting all the time ^^)

TACeMossie
07.18.2015 , 07:29 AM | #32
Uh, how on earth do you manage your heat without the lower cost of Rocket Punch? No offense, but I'd love to see some parses from you or at least some of your better boss fights.
So, for aetrus's sake, I did a 500k parse on my VG after taking off 3 pieces. The rotation is there, just no 4-piece bonus
The extra energy is nice though, because its ~1 less rapid shots (replaced with a tac surge) every 90-ish seconds.
I also deliberately avoided a hard energy burn since this is a 500k dummy (despite missing multiple pieces of gear)

Parse found here: http://parsely.io/parser/view/48121

Anyway, on topic, the 2 bonus's (New + Old) are about equal in power, the extra DPS granted by the 15 second shorter CD on Battle Focus is offset by having lower level armorings, and thats it.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

Aetrus
07.18.2015 , 03:16 PM | #33
IDK, I'm just thinking back to when 3.0 dropped and I was gearing up in 192s before I had my 4-piece and it was awful. :P
Max Out Your Affection with Aetrus
A'etrus
<Eradication>

S'ynergy
<It's a Little Chewy>

xAZUREx
07.20.2015 , 07:08 AM | #34
2: Accuracy/Alacrity X%
4: Cunning X%
6: Critical X%

Like the old skill trees could let you do.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
<A New Hope> <Sith Crusaders>
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH

xxSHOONYxx
07.27.2015 , 02:04 PM | #35
I do the same thing, basically the only fight in this round of ops that you can really benefit from that extra energy is MB if you do a certain strategy. Almost every other fight will have some downtime which will basically make the set bonus laughable. As Kwerty said, it's one extra Mag-blast every ~88 seconds ... when played perfectly ... on a dummy ... with no downtime. In a standard fight you may get like 2 extra mag-blasts(?) depending on the length of the fight.

I dunno, literally the only time I every have energy issues is commanders unless I like basic attack all the adds to death.

As for the thread, I'd like just the old 2 and 4 to be the new 4 and 6
Or that data mined one that was like, "Grapple has a 50% chance to finish the cd on explosive fuel"
Taunted for her pleasure
I have like 28 dps characters

TACeMossie
07.27.2015 , 04:40 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by xxSHOONYxx View Post
As for the thread, I'd like just the old 2 and 4 to be the new 4 and 6
Or that data mined one that was like, "Grapple has a 50% chance to finish the cd on explosive fuel"
Oh god that was terrible. It was only a 50% chance of happening AND it used a GCD to do no damage. It was literally the worst set bonus I ever saw
Kwerty/Mossie

xxSHOONYxx
07.27.2015 , 07:27 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Oh god that was terrible. It was only a 50% chance of happening AND it used a GCD to do no damage. It was literally the worst set bonus I ever saw
But think about it......

Explosive fuel window > grapple > explosive fuel

It's nowhere near practical ... but still ... back to back explosive fuels!
Taunted for her pleasure
I have like 28 dps characters

TACeMossie
07.27.2015 , 11:31 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by xxSHOONYxx View Post
But think about it......

Explosive fuel window > grapple > explosive fuel

It's nowhere near practical ... but still ... back to back explosive fuels!
Or, knowing my luck:

Explosive Fuel Window -> Run to 10m -> Get thrown around the room cause I tried to run 10m away in master blaster and there was a bomb there -> somehow surviving -> getting the grapple off -> no proc because RNG hates me.
Kwerty/Mossie

Aetrus
08.09.2015 , 05:41 PM | #39
All I care about is living for more than 3 GCDs when focused by 3-4 DPS in solo queue. DPS PTs are practically melee mercs with worse DCDs. And 4.0 datamined changes do nothing for that. Oh, I get more damage on Cell Burst? Because that was needed. Increased crit chance on Fire Pulse? Yay. Because having two DCDs on two minute cooldowns on a non-stealth melee class is really good, right BW?

Can't forget about baseline leap. Because PTs needed more mobility.
Max Out Your Affection with Aetrus
A'etrus
<Eradication>

S'ynergy
<It's a Little Chewy>

Zoom_VI
08.09.2015 , 09:33 PM | #40
All I care about is living for more than 3 GCDs when focused by 3-4 DPS in solo queue. DPS PTs are practically melee mercs with worse DCDs. And 4.0 datamined changes do nothing for that. Oh, I get more damage on Cell Burst? Because that was needed. Increased crit chance on Fire Pulse? Yay. Because having two DCDs on two minute cooldowns on a non-stealth melee class is really good, right BW?

Can't forget about baseline leap. Because PTs needed more mobility.
solo queue for VG: stand all the way back while your team goes in, when almost everyone is dead, run in and global the survivors.

But hey man we can leap now, so we can get ourselves killed even faster!
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.