Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skank jugg still needs another nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Skank jugg still needs another nerf

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.18.2018 , 02:26 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
^
Do you know that these people are playing a tank spec ?
To me it looks like they are dd spec using occasional taunt... quite low protection even for dps
I know in at least in 4 cases they are a tank spec. I know what your saying though, the protection numbers for some of them are really low but some skanks simply don't care about doing their jobs they play them like they were a DPS. That said, sure, I may have assumed incorrectly in some cases, like I said, I only for sure about 4 of them.

Assuming in some of those cases they were DDs that's a lot of healing and damage for a DPS spec. Speaking only for myself, I don't think DPS should have extra lives but it isn't like that makes Juggs unique, if it's okay for one DPS spec to have em, hard to make a case why a different one shouldn't have them. Additionally, merc extra lives and jugg extra lives aren't the same, at least you can still hurt Juggs using ED and they lack anti focus which mitgates some of that healing in a way. Even other DPS specs are healing insane amounts and I think it's way to high in some cases but you can't single one out either. I don't care about the tanks, that's fine, they should be hard to kill.

People want to ***** about healers and tanks and the TTK and they want to say nerf healers and tanks which makes no sense to me, that's their damn jobs, if TTK is too high, start with the friggen DPS heals.

Really I just used those examples to explain why I think people are reacting the way they do. It's not all of them but people can't always make the distinction.

There is also the trinity issue. High Damage, moderate to high protection, and high heals, that's a walking trinity to most people. I don't think that's appropriate for any class or spec. Even wherein the protection is low, it's still doing all three things. [DPS, Protection, Heals]. If they are built like a true tank, all tank gear, fine than let em do all three the damage isn't going to be high at least.

I know why skanks do it, I don't blame them for doing it, but that doesn't make it okay for balance. If a skank tank is always putting his job as a tank before DPS, that's one thing, but they aren't all doing that. I see healers running around unguarded when there are skank tanks in the group sometimes and it isn't always because they are guarding someone else.

The only thing I can think of doing that wouldn't hurt true tanks is to make sheilds only equipable if the tank is in full tank gear. This would only work at level 70 though because otherwise it would hurt tanks still leveling and who haven't finished gearing yet and are just making due with what they have on hand at the time. If they did that than Skank tanks would suffer for it and make true tanks enviable to those who care about fufilling their role's purpose. Wouldn't hurt the skank tanks damage of course, but they'd be dropping like flies at least. If they want to act like a DPS, fine, but than they're gonna die like a DPS than [excluding Mercs and Snipers of course, they're tankier than PT tanks as it is heh]. To be fair though, skanks aren't better or even at DPS than actual DPS specs. It's the combination all together I think is more the issue. But we do see skanks doing a ton of damage sometimes and that really shouldn't be possible for a tank IMO. I they made sheilds only equippable while in full tank gear at level 70 at least they wouldn't be screwing over true tanks again for the sake of addressing skank tanks. All they did was make skank tanks more the way to go with the DPS nerf to em. Additionally they could make some sort of ratio between amount of tank gear being worn that effects the strength of thier guards and taunts. [So for example a skank wearing only 4 peices of tank gear would have their taunt reduced to 10% down from 30%].

Just some thoughts, I can't speak to the technical viability of the suggestions, but in theory at least I think it might help the situation for people wanting to play true tanks in PVP but feel forced to skank tank like Kendra.
~ I am Grim.

"There's a word for Lightside Sith. It's called Jedi."

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.18.2018 , 03:08 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusive_Thing View Post

Yes, the point was that I'd rather see it removed from Marauders than given to Juggernauts. The game is already saturated with DCDs (though unevenly between classes) and I'd rather see the classes with top tier defensives to be nerfed than the bottom tier classes (with the exception of a buff to PTs) buffed. Maybe this clarifies my stance a bit.
Not all Marauders have it, only Fury does.
~ I am Grim.

Elusive_Thing
06.18.2018 , 05:47 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Not all Marauders have it, only Fury does.
I am aware of that, it's tied to a spec specific ability after all.

Janglor
06.18.2018 , 07:29 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Gingishan View Post
Then watch my shadow hiting almost 41k. His gear have 234 ilvl, Balance?

https://s26.postimg.cc/ftxpdxxk9/Shadow_40k.jpg

With jug, bigest hit was 38k, dps spec, vengeance. As shank/skank i hit around 34k max. But i prefer shank for his better survivability. Bioware forced our hands with all fotm classes around. As a dps u get destroyed by a sniper/oper/merc same ilvl. U simply have no chance. Every class can put u in dificulty and kill u easy. Our force have died, we simply wield lightsabers but we have been cutted from the Force. So we adapt as non force users with a stick of light in our hands.
Skank jugg can easily hit for 40k. You just need a squishy target with no dcds up.
STOP RESISTING
Janglor
Bo'Jangles
Diabeetus

KendraP
06.18.2018 , 07:51 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Janglor View Post
Skank jugg can easily hit for 40k. You just need a squishy target with no dcds up.
You mean you got a 40k hit on some undergeared toon that doesnt know how to use DCDs? The horror of it all!

I'd like to see what say, a concentrated slice does on the same target.

And cough show me a screenshot or parse log.

Seterade
06.18.2018 , 09:08 PM | #76
@janglor

^this is the one who needs to see the 8k skank dps. like hullo?

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.18.2018 , 10:41 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
You mean you got a 40k hit on some undergeared toon that doesnt know how to use DCDs? The horror of it all!

I'd like to see what say, a concentrated slice does on the same target.

And cough show me a screenshot or parse log.
If I ever did 40k on a hit I'd creme my jeans on the spot.

~ I am Grim.

TrixxieTriss
06.19.2018 , 01:12 AM | #78
If I ever did 40k on a hit I'd creme my jeans on the spot.

#kleenxtissue

I did watch a skank Sin yesterday do close to 4mil in a match because he spammed AOE in the middle of the pack and had a healer keeping him alive. I think they were in a premade cause he tried it in multple matches. When his healer left, the other healers in matches pretty much ignored him and he didn’t even get 400k.

WayOfTheWarriorx
Yesterday , 07:19 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
#kleenxtissue

I did watch a skank Sin yesterday do close to 4mil in a match because he spammed AOE in the middle of the pack and had a healer keeping him alive. I think they were in a premade cause he tried it in multple matches. When his healer left, the other healers in matches pretty much ignored him and he didn’t even get 400k.
A good healer on either team can make or break you.

4 mill to 400k? Yeah that says it all right there heh.

Hopefully things will be bit better on the matchmaking initiative. I think we're all more than sick of the randomness of queces [solo]. Luck shouldn't play such decisive role in things. Those kinds of things leave a bad taste in your mouth.
I'm looking forward to the match making aspect, I think a lot of people are excited to see how that effects things. I am a little concerned about how it will be limiting to support classes. The need is there of course, just something about ostrizing many healers and tanks who there just won't be enough slots for them due to the quotas. I feel bad for them. The dynamic of to many of them and the uneveness it caused really wasn't anyone's fault or wrong doing. It's not like they were doing something wrong and now they have to pay a price for something that was totally out of their control to begin with. People shouldn't have to play something they don't want to play just because it's the only way some of them will get to play than.

I have a lot of respect for people who take it unto themselves to forgo a chance at glory for the sake of other players experiences. Seems like the DPS get most of the glory even though it was on the shoulders of healers and tanks who were backing them. A lot of responsibility with all eyes on you .I always vote for the healer who looked out for me and others, and in the absence of healers I vote for a tank that guarded me [even DPS who guarded me at great risk to themselves.

I've never been able to see the draw of playing a healer, they're not about themselves and they have limitations placed on them about what they can and cannot [or should not] do and place others before themselves [even tanks sometimes]. I could never speak against the interests of healers and true tanks who do their jobs, I respect them way to much for that and I appreciate them. A very honorable lot they take upon themselves.

I hope they don't get D'ed over to much by some of the changes and I hope their quece times don't become such that it's like pulling teeth for them every time they want to play their healer/true tank in PVP.
~ I am Grim.

TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 12:35 PM | #80
A good healer on either team can make or break you.

4 mill to 400k? Yeah that says it all right there heh.

Hopefully things will be bit better on the matchmaking initiative. I think we're all more than sick of the randomness of queces [solo]. Luck shouldn't play such decisive role in things. Those kinds of things leave a bad taste in your mouth.
I'm looking forward to the match making aspect, I think a lot of people are excited to see how that effects things. I am a little concerned about how it will be limiting to support classes. The need is there of course, just something about ostrizing many healers and tanks who there just won't be enough slots for them due to the quotas. I feel bad for them. The dynamic of to many of them and the uneveness it caused really wasn't anyone's fault or wrong doing. It's not like they were doing something wrong and now they have to pay a price for something that was totally out of their control to begin with. People shouldn't have to play something they don't want to play just because it's the only way some of them will get to play than.

I have a lot of respect for people who take it unto themselves to forgo a chance at glory for the sake of other players experiences. Seems like the DPS get most of the glory even though it was on the shoulders of healers and tanks who were backing them. A lot of responsibility with all eyes on you .I always vote for the healer who looked out for me and others, and in the absence of healers I vote for a tank that guarded me [even DPS who guarded me at great risk to themselves.

I've never been able to see the draw of playing a healer, they're not about themselves and they have limitations placed on them about what they can and cannot [or should not] do and place others before themselves [even tanks sometimes]. I could never speak against the interests of healers and true tanks who do their jobs, I respect them way to much for that and I appreciate them. A very honorable lot they take upon themselves.

I hope they don't get D'ed over to much by some of the changes and I hope their quece times don't become such that it's like pulling teeth for them every time they want to play their healer/true tank in PVP.
Good healers are a special breed of players.