When players' team has no tank or healer while another team has one

omaan

Loose must not reduce any elo for this fight. Thats all. IS THAT so difficult to make? How do you expect a team with full dps to win a team wih healer and 3 dps? or even worse a team with both healer,dps and a tank. same for tank and non tank teams.

...because your rating is supposed to reflect your overall success over dozens, scores or even 100s of matches.

If the ratings are accurate and there are dozens of teams in the queue, you should be matched with a similar rating team, usually with a similar makeup between tank, heals and DPS.

It all falls down of course when there are too few players in the queue. - Then you get matched with whoever is also waiting for a game - irrespective of the makeup or the teams' respective ratings. Only way to mitigate this is to queue in peak times and try to recruit more players. - Since BioWare aren't really trying very hard in this respect. :(

Don't get disheartened over a few bad matches. In the end your rating will be a reasonable representation of your skill level, or your team's skill level.

Sometimes the match starts with the enemy team having 3 people, or having a bad matchup - So if you play enough WZ, these things will eventually even out in your favour and against.

Keep trying, keep queuing and GL.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

It honestly doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me (at least from my experience).

If you are skilled enough and your other teammates aren't completely incompetent, 4 DPS should be able to burn the healer down fairly quickly and still be able to take the round (at least from my experience). That being said, if you really don't like the system, it's not a bad idea to find a guild or a group of players who enjoy doing ranked arenas, that way you can set your roles according to how you'd like them.

Edited by Nomarino

Not really. In case of 4 dps vs 1 tank and 3 dps the team of 4 dps has the advantage. Well, it depends on class the tank is playing and many other things. Overall its a dps loss for the team with the tank, but if played well a tank can put out more dmg than a 4th dps. This really depends on a lot of things.

In case of 1 heal and 3 dps vs 4 dps its also a question of many details. If the healer is bad he just gets killed and its 4v3. As the people already stated in the posts its really a question of skill and strategy. There is also a vast dependency on the classes that take part in the match.

Overall I dont see a big issue in this, from my experience mostly the team with the 4 dps wins, so if the tank or healer has a person that is declining pops for him, it will not help him as there is still a high chance for a loss for him.

...because your rating is supposed to reflect your overall success over dozens, scores or even 100s of matches.

If the ratings are accurate and there are dozens of teams in the queue, you should be matched with a similar rating team, usually with a similar makeup between tank, heals and DPS.

It all falls down of course when there are too few players in the queue. - Then you get matched with whoever is also waiting for a game - irrespective of the makeup or the teams' respective ratings. Only way to mitigate this is to queue in peak times and try to recruit more players. - Since BioWare aren't really trying very hard in this respect. :(

Don't get disheartened over a few bad matches. In the end your rating will be a reasonable representation of your skill level, or your team's skill level.

Sometimes the match starts with the enemy team having 3 people, or having a bad matchup - So if you play enough WZ, these things will eventually even out in your favour and against.

Keep trying, keep queuing and GL.

You think that if players in queue have huge rating disparity it can make a match where one team has a tank or healer and another one has none on purpose? No it isnt working like that. It always makes that tank will get a pop against tank and healer will get a pop against healer. The problem is wintraders who "miss" or decline pops for their friends or just legit players missing pops because of no attention

It honestly doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me (at least from my experience).

If you are skilled enough and your other teammates aren't completely incompetent, 4 DPS should be able to burn the healer down fairly quickly and still be able to take the round (at least from my experience). That being said, if you really don't like the system, it's not a bad idea to find a guild or a group of players who enjoy doing ranked arenas, that way you can set your roles according to how you'd like them.

it's a huge deal, imo. role-balancing is the most basic thing matchmaking can get right. yes, you want a balanced skill matchup, but elo is so ridiculously inaccurate (b/c you'd need 200+ games to overcome the inaccuracy of the initial 10-games rating) that picking teams by elo is actually less effective than doing so by role (granted, these are the two primary criteria for each match -- this is easily deduced after just a week or two in the queue).

as I understand it, most of the mismatched role games are the product of someone declining/timing-out of a queue pop. this is easily resolved by not porting players into the match until everyone has accepted the pop, but who know what's going on in the back end (code-wise)?

I only yolo b/c the matches are better than regs. When I say "better," I mean the overall skill of the teams is closer to each other, and there's a much greater likelihood that everyone will be focused on the objectives of the match. I enjoy arenas, but ranked does tend to move too fast for me, and it's claustraphobic (I lose sight of things). playing regs won't help that. and since most reg matches are chickens with their heads cut off or numbers farming, it's better to take my lumps in yolo. anyway, my point here is that the matchmaking in yolos could be a lot better, but it IS the best matchmaking in this game. so that's something at least.

the responces in this topic are hilarious.

if you end up in a match with 4dps vs 1hl/3dps chances are the 4 dps are not gold tier and they are not going to global the offguarded hlr. sorry. but its cute that you are positive about it. also 1 skank tank is worth more than 2 dps in a solos match.. so pls dont try to pull the "hurr tnk has 0 dmg, ez match" crap.

Edited by Seterade

• 1 month later...

Elo loss should just be dumped period.

Ranked would benefit IMO from just having a system where you can only gain Elo, but never lose it, with the amount you gain determined by the quality of the opposition you vanquished. You'd need a lot of matches played to place high but I don't see that as a negative.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Well to me the math is pretty clear on this. If any player record their wins/loses over 10, 50 or a 100 games in Regz and/or Ranked and record `Healers Present´ during these games. 4/5 matches are "Won" or "Lost" due to a Healer being present in your team or present against your team.

Games with 1 Tank vs. 1 Tank or 1 Tank vs. No Tank is easier to Work around and might only impact the result of games like 50% of the time.

IMHO Devs should be able to track these trends very easily and cancel Half the Ranked lost vs. +1 Healer or +1 Tank in a Ranked-Game or vice-versa.. If they want to.

Edited by Mannok
Clarity