I MISS SWG, "Jump to Light Speed".

Bigryuubi

I miss the Jump to light speed, You know what i am talking about if you played it... I like the fact that you had free roam in space where you could do anything you want, Had more then a hand full of ships to pick from !!Tie Fighter!! , plus the space PvP, The battles were sweet... You could fly it your self and not a point and click. If a enemy shot out the engine's you would had to grab a repair kit while the room on fire and lights are turning on, run to the room where the engine's would be sitting, repair then try to get out while you still can, unless you had more then one friend with you... Then that made it more fun. I hope bring something back from JTLS.

Yep I know exactly how you feel. I am relatively satisfied with ground combat in swtor, but the space combat is awful. Bioware announced some major space project and it got me excited, but it looks like its just new railed space missions which I will never play.

I suspect Bioware will come up with some retarded achievement that can only be unlocked through space combat, forcing the rest of us who hate it to go through it. Similar to them forcing players to play both factions to unlock HK51. Also an fyi to Bioware... forcing players to perform tasks that are not fun defeats the purpose of playing a video game. Challenge is one thing, but wasting players time is just tedious/boring, not challenging.

If they could release a real space expansion I would be swtor for next 5+ years with paid subscription, but what is most likely going to happen is I will be leaving for Planetside 2. I hope it doesn't come to that, but that is for Bioware/EA to decide.

In summary I want

1. Free Flight

2. Space PvP

3. Player owned space stations/Guild owned

4. Allow party members to control ship turrets

But it will never happen...

Also please do not take this as a rant against swtor, I really do like the game. My major complaint is in regards to space combat. And yes I am willing to pay for expansion(s) and subscription. I appreciate the fact that new content costs money to develop.

Edited by GimpyPrime

Your right.... I think it be great to get it back.. Funny thing take less stress on the computer then it would for you do ground combat. Stations I don't know if that would work, but maybe a Guild Ship. Plus give us more ships to pick from.

Chat bubbles first then we can talk about the future...

JK (kinda), but seriously

I hear that SWGEMU is currently working on JTL upgrade, maybe you can experience that again soon.

Also Eve is supposed to be good for space stuff.

Edited by kirorx

Chat bubbles first then we can talk about the future...

JK (kinda), but seriously

I hear that SWGEMU is currently working on JTL upgrade, maybe you can experience that again soon.

Also Eve is supposed to be good for space stuff.

JTL wont be in the EMU until 1.0 if the ground is released

I miss atmospheric flight the most. Near the last few months we were able to fly just above player cities / most planets in general. Hell, you could kill players from your ship in PvP. I miss my Rebel Ace / Freelancer pilot skill...and all my ships. NK's ship ftw also :p

I still have dreams about JTL sinse Dec 15....I miss that part of SWG just as much as its crafting... :(

I still own my old X-Wing and Tie Fighter CD roms..but I'm afraid my laptop will mess em up haha / they are so old by now the blocky graphics might make it hard to see even :p .

I just miss customizing my many ships...I loved my black trimmed Arc-170 Starfighter, the ship I looted off of NK-Necrosis, that huge mining ship, my Y-Wing, the one pirate / freelancer fighter I had, Adv X-Wing, Luxury Yatch to escape BH's, and many more...

but just flying across a planet's surfice in my starfighters...flying over large cities, player or already made...I just miss that feeling...especially when I was defending the Death Star II's shield generator on Endor during the last day of SWG on Europe-Farstar....hell I even miss the people I constantly fought against in Restuss...I miss SWG :(

SWGEmu is looking good, it seems like there are alot of players. Perhaps the same as an average swtor server.

I used to play on the Ultima Online free servers alot, much more than I ever did on the paid servers. If the SWG Emu team does get JTL working I will definitely be going to check it out. Since swtor will be going free to play I could just cancel my subscription and play both for free. When I want good space combat I can go to SWG.

Until then I will still be hopeful that Bioware will rip out their space arcade game and put in a real space engine.

Edited by GimpyPrime

I miss atmospheric flight the most. Near the last few months we were able to fly just above player cities / most planets in general. Hell, you could kill players from your ship in PvP. I miss my Rebel Ace / Freelancer pilot skill...and all my ships. NK's ship ftw also :p

(

that sounds like the worst idea ever. Talk about unbalaneced PVP

I miss J2LS as well, looked at the SWGEMU and it looks like you have to have the original CDs...sadly mine are long gone.

Remember, that J2LS was a full paid expansion (when it was first released) perhaps we could hope for something similar here...but alas, i think F2P will just kill it all off.

I miss J2LS as well, looked at the SWGEMU and it looks like you have to have the original CDs...sadly mine are long gone.

Remember, that J2LS was a full paid expansion (when it was first released) perhaps we could hope for something similar here...but alas, i think F2P will just kill it all off.

well it all depends on what their big space project is that they are working on. Obviously they are holding it back till after its going F2P. It could be something similar to JTLS

But my bet is that its more of a X-wing Vs Tie- Fighter instanced arena style space combat.

Edited by jarjarloves

While I would love something like JTL or even better something like TIE-Fighter, what I miss most are the BIG planets, where you could just run around and explore. I also miss that the planets where more unversal for different leveled players. While there were high-level planets, there was always somethig to do on the lower level planets when you were maxxed out, like Krayt hunting...

that sounds like the worst idea ever. Talk about unbalaneced PVP

You had to have a certain config on PvP on / a certain area during the final event allowed this. I had my speeder blown while going across a lake then an Adv. X-win finishing the job while I tried to swim onto land haha. IF you never played it you would think it's unbalanced, but there were only small instances that could be considred unbalanced. You could shoot down other player ships remember.

Oh how I miss JTLS. It had so many things going for it. If you were a crafter it opened up a whole new area of crafting possibilities. If you were a PvE'er you could get in your ship and blast some npcs away. If you PvP'd there was some amazing dogfights to be had. If you liked RP it was full of attractions. If you were into your sandbox it was as almost as much fun doing up your ship as it was decorating your house.

JTLS is and will forever be my favourite expansion to any game.

Every time I hear someone pine over JTL, I get nauseous. A space combat sim using a mouse instead of a flight stick? Blasphemous.

A person could use a mouse if they chose, even though I thought it was clunky.

I used a joystick, personally. You had much finer control with a stick.

Yep I know exactly how you feel. I am relatively satisfied with ground combat in swtor, but the space combat is awful. Bioware announced some major space project and it got me excited, but it looks like its just new railed space missions which I will never play.

I suspect Bioware will come up with some retarded achievement that can only be unlocked through space combat, forcing the rest of us who hate it to go through it. Similar to them forcing players to play both factions to unlock HK51. Also an fyi to Bioware... forcing players to perform tasks that are not fun defeats the purpose of playing a video game. Challenge is one thing, but wasting players time is just tedious/boring, not challenging.

If they could release a real space expansion I would be swtor for next 5+ years with paid subscription, but what is most likely going to happen is I will be leaving for Planetside 2. I hope it doesn't come to that, but that is for Bioware/EA to decide.

In summary I want

1. Free Flight

2. Space PvP

3. Player owned space stations/Guild owned

4. Allow party members to control ship turrets

But it will never happen...

Also please do not take this as a rant against swtor, I really do like the game. My major complaint is in regards to space combat. And yes I am willing to pay for expansion(s) and subscription. I appreciate the fact that new content costs money to develop.

BW NEVER annonced "major" space combats.

They clearely stated space combat would be only a minor distraction. Idk where you think you are tsaking your facts, but I red everything from BW since the day the game was annonced and that includes everything they said about space combat.

What we have now, is what they told us we would have and in totally fine with that. BW gave us space combat because poeple asked for it and thats already something very nice of the.

BW NEVER annonced "major" space combats.

They clearely stated space combat would be only a minor distraction. Idk where you think you are tsaking your facts, but I red everything from BW since the day the game was annonced and that includes everything they said about space combat.

What we have now, is what they told us we would have and in totally fine with that. BW gave us space combat because poeple asked for it and thats already something very nice of the.

They already stated that the new space mission is not part of the "Future of space" project, but guild ship are part of that though.

JTLS, it will be miss. It's fact that you had something good. Why take it away? You had so much more to do.. You could have more then one friend help you fight by shooting turrets or repair when needed, had more things to do with your ship like customization with chair, tables etc. Had more ships to pick from.... That what made Star Wars different from other mmo's heck Eve could not match that! Edited by Bigryuubi

JTLS, it will be miss. It's fact that you had something good. Why take it away? You had so much more to do.. You could have more then one friend help you fight by shooting turrets or repair when needed, had more things to do with your ship like customization with chair, tables etc. Had more ships to pick from.... That what made Star Wars different from other mmo's heck Eve could not match that!

Indeed, well said!

I loved moments when I was in a Imperial group transport and watching the interior explode one terminal at a time while trying our best to fix the ship and balance out power.

I miss "Jump to Lightspeed" too. I may be in the minority opinion about the rest of the game no matter the era, vanilla, CU or NGE (come on, kung-fu poison-throwing doctors and magic diseased stone knives?!), but JTL was an incredible gem that the developers created under great pressure with an underoptimized engine and somehow it was still magnificent.

I miss the simple pleasure of looking out my ship's window, and seeing people docking and departing a space station... feeling that I was actually there, and not just facing some star-studded texture map outside my window.

The combat was great, especially the pvp... even if it was brutally short and harsh.

I quit for good well before the atmospheric flight stuff came out. I feel like I really missed out on something good :(

Edited by Neverfar

I miss "Jump to Lightspeed" too. I may be in the minority opinion about the rest of the game no matter the era, vanilla, CU or NGE (come on, kung-fu poison-throwing doctors and magic diseased stone knives?!), but JTL was an incredible gem that the developers created under great pressure with an underoptimized engine and somehow it was still magnificent.

I miss the simple pleasure of looking out my ship's window, and seeing people docking and departing a space station... feeling that I was actually there, and not just facing some star-studded texture map outside my window.

The combat was great, especially the pvp... even if it was brutally short and harsh.

I quit for good well before the atmospheric flight stuff came out. I feel like I really missed out on something good :(

Well....it was good...it was something that should have been part of SWG sinse JTL first came out. SWG was able to support atmospheric flight the entire time. I loved how if you went high up enough, you got and auto pop up to go to one of the sectors for the space map for your system.

Atmospheric flight made mounts, etc useless though. It literally took me a few seconds to go across any planet. IT was fun zipping fast player cities, forests, mountains, etc. I loved flying in vallies / canyons! Then the new hunting via ship was neat.

Edited by Eillack

Well....it was good...it was something that should have been part of SWG sinse JTL first came out. SWG was able to support atmospheric flight the entire time. I loved how if you went high up enough, you got and auto pop up to go to one of the sectors for the space map for your system.

Atmospheric flight made mounts, etc useless though. It literally took me a few seconds to go across any planet. IT was fun zipping fast player cities, forests, mountains, etc. I loved flying in vallies / canyons! Then the new hunting via ship was neat.

I'm very jealous right now. :(