Can't we all just stop using Bolster buffs in rateds?

jonafett

I think that it would be great if this server could just agree not to bolster buff with 54 gear in rateds. Currently both MVP and Strictly are not using any 54 pve gear in rateds. A 200 tech / force power bonus is huge and can be game changing in rateds. What is the point of using this gear rather than having a fair fight where both teams use pvp gear? It is disappointing to see guilds I used to respect using this gear just to gain the advantage in rateds. So how about we all just agree, as a server, not to exploit the bolster system in ranked. It's not that hard to do. If you are a guild leader and your guild ques rateds, simply post on this thread stating your guild name and whether or not you will be using the bolstered pve gear for rateds. With any luck we can get all of the main guilds to stop this.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it would be great if this server could just agree not to bolster buff with 54 gear in rateds. Currently both MVP and Strictly are not using any 54 pve gear in rateds.

Name the guilds doing it, screen shot it, and let the drama begin.

The point of this thread is not to call people out. It is to get everyone to agree NOT to use these bolster exploits.

Maybe my small PvE brain is too small to comprehend this, but what is the alternative? Boycott queuing up to go do regs or log? Are we supposed to verify somehow that 54's aren't equipped? It's not like saying "no smash" or "no bubble stun." Spending 200-300k ain't that bad.

Edited by Classicks

Maybe my small PvE brain is too small to comprehend this, but what is the alternative? Boycott queuing up to go do regs or log? Are we supposed to verify somehow that 54's aren't equipped? It's not like saying "no smash" or "no bubble stun." Spending 200-300k ain't that bad.

Why do we have to verify? Can we not just have an understanding between the top guilds not to use this gear? MVP never does, Strictly never does. Why do you absolutely have to?

Gaining 300 bonus damage from 54's gives you a MAJOR boost in pvp. Its an exploit and most people don't want to use 54's. Is it really that hard to just put on the gear you were using before this exploit was discovered?

yea its kinda sad. i inspected some of the dont panic players and lost respect for many players i thought were cool people. i doubt they'll agree to not use them so im just hoping bioware fixes it so everyones on an even playing field again Edited by Tommytwotoes

fine example this is showing other servers thinking of coming here.."lets go to Bastion for rwz's where they exploit to win"..this is why blster shouldn't be in lvl 55 bg's ranked or regular..give people a set of recruit gear with max expertise and decent stats..

bioware when will you get it through yall dumb brains..you can't cater a game to everyone..this don't promote better skill play just a system to carry scrubs..if you guilds want to do it in regs fine its wrong but there nothing to lose really..but rwz's should be fair as possible..we know bioware have crap for brains..

Edited by Xertasian

Why does an already good team have to use 54's to get an advantage on other teams!? Don't Panic is already a good team and for them to get an 10-15% advantage on MVP or SB is a huge difference..... its *********** dumb and pointless it's same thing as using the augment exploit..../ you are using exploiting bolster for better stats.... and the thing is... even before DP started using 54's they did good, but i guess them losing more than they want made them have to get 54's so they have an advantage and therefore a better chance of winning

If people are forced to do this to be competitive it will ruin the competitive environment of the server. It will further discourage new teams from queuing, and hurt the image of the Bastion which will lead to fewer transfers. By exploiting Bioware's poor Bolster design you are trading the long term competitive health of the server and the game as a whole for meaningless victories that affirm nothing but your own corruption. Furthermore, your motivation to exploit Bolster is mysterious to me, you were competitive before using the exploit. I would at least like to understand your reasoning behind doing this considering that the other top guilds had verbally committed to not using the exploit. Edited by TheJackalistaken

If people are forced to do this to be competitive it will ruin the competitive environment of the server. It will further discourage new teams from queuing, and hurt the image of the Bastion which will lead to fewer transfers. By exploiting Bioware's poor Bolster design you are trading the long term competitive health of the server and the game as a whole for meaningless victories that affirm nothing but your own corruption. Furthermore, your motivation to exploit Bolster is mysterious to me, you were competitive before using the exploit. I would at least like to understand your reasoning behind doing this considering that the other top guilds had verbally committed to not using the exploit.

It would be nice if all the teams came to an agreement on this issue. However, I don't believe DP cares about the health of the rated community or what other people think of them so our best bet is hope that BW fixes this soon.

I agree that 54's should not be bolstered to be better than partisan or conqueror.

However, I believe it is working as designed. It may be that they realize this is a bad thing and fix it but at the moment this is what they intended.

Now, the augment glitch was an obvious exploit. You had to perform specific actions multiple times (and spend the money) to take advantage of said exploit. The 54 gear is in no way an exploit.

I know the top PVP gear SHOULD be the top gear, but why not use the ACTUAL best gear if you find out otherwise? At least until it's fixed.

I agree that 54's should not be bolstered to be better than partisan or conqueror.

However, I believe it is working as designed. It may be that they realize this is a bad thing and fix it but at the moment this is what they intended.

Now, the augment glitch was an obvious exploit. You had to perform specific actions multiple times (and spend the money) to take advantage of said exploit. The 54 gear is in no way an exploit.

I know the top PVP gear SHOULD be the top gear, but why not use the ACTUAL best gear if you find out otherwise? At least until it's fixed.

this,

complaining about mechanics does not change them, everyone should be using the best gear, the easier to get the better. when they see their pvp gear is being neglected by a large majority of players who own it for non pvp gear, they will be either forced to reassess their current system or continue eliminating aspects of pvp grind

A few of our guys use these too, I didn't know that everyone on Bastion was so against using them. I do agree that they are broken and need to be fixed, but wouldn't it be a lot easier if everyone just used them for now instead of trying to get everyone to stop using them.

As they've said here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6393615&postcount=178, they do know its a problem and are looking into it. I'm hoping they have a fix for this by 2.2 on Tuesday.