Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

Deyjarl

with all the exploits & bug complaints (griefing/illum/ability delay/fps) lately, wouldnt it be better if BW just scrapped PvP and give the PvP players a link to TF2 (its f2p and you get to kill other players).

PvE servers should be like FFXI....everyone can team up together and if they want to PvP just do it only in the designated areas (like huttball that they all seem to moan about) same as S/E did in FFXI....no open-world PvP, just in scheduled matches (ballista - 'faction vs faction') or off to a seperate island to PvP each other but everywhere else was play-together (or solo) and the only worry was having mobs taken from you (which was also stopped by a simple /blockaid which prevented ppl from healing you outside of party)

simple really

funny thing is if you aren't taking part in the ballista match you can aoe all you want and never hit any of the player fighting it out. lol even S.E got that right 9 years ago.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVP and dueling *should be an option on PVE servers. Don't like it then don't participate. The PvE server is about the choice not to PvP if you don't want. Seperate worlds for open world PVP . Don't wanna PVP don't go there. Dont accept duels etc. if you go to the imperials side you could be flagged. Solution? Don't go there.

Case closed

PVP and dueling *should be an option on PVE servers. Don't like it then don't participate. The PvE server is about the choice not to PvP if you don't want. Seperate worlds for open world PVP . Don't wanna PVP don't go there. Dont accept duels etc. if you go to the imperials side you could be flagged. Solution? Don't go there.

Case closed

oh dear....yet another post from a PvP-er that hasnt bothered to read the parts about STEALTHED players or FLAGGED players running into AOE abilities done by yourself or your companion and getting flagged AGAINST thier wishes

I watched my wife unsub because of this last night. She was on Hoth, saw the flagged player, waved, and kept playing. He went over and stood on top of her companion, a tank, knowing he would aoe. My wife wasnt aware of the bug, and by the time she realized what happened she was dead.

She took the med center rez

quit game

logged into account, and canceled sub

uninstalled.

For some people this is a game breaker. They do not want to deal with griefers or with any pvp outside of a warzone. Hense, they roll on a pve server. This needs fixed or my wife will never play again, which means I will prob drop the game once I hit 50.

That is actually too bad.

I hope they get this fixed for you guys.

This is not an issue and therefore does not need to be fixed. This pretty much happens in every game.
False statement. Can you actually cite some games where it happens?

If you use AoE abilties, you should expect people to flag and run up to you while you continue to aoe without getting flagged. Just like it works in other MMOs

I watched my wife unsub because of this last night. She was on Hoth, saw the flagged player, waved, and kept playing. He went over and stood on top of her companion, a tank, knowing he would aoe. My wife wasnt aware of the bug, and by the time she realized what happened she was dead.

She took the med center rez

quit game

logged into account, and canceled sub

uninstalled.

For some people this is a game breaker. They do not want to deal with griefers or with any pvp outside of a warzone. Hense, they roll on a pve server. This needs fixed or my wife will never play again, which means I will prob drop the game once I hit 50.

Man that sucks hard. Its hard enough for couples to find pastimes that they both enjoy together. My woman won't even look at games.

Hopefully our collective whines will be heard at some point so you and your significant other can play together again.

^ This, it still happens in wow, everyday on pve servers. Some jack slick gets a hard on for a gank fest, and sits in a daily area flagged where he knows people will spam aoe. He, and usually a few friends, then proceed to farm free kills from people to dumb to notice.
Blatant lies... in wow, you cannot hit someone with an aoe if you're not already flagged. Using an aoe ability in wow does not flag you.

oh dear....yet another post from a PvP-er that hasnt bothered to read the parts about STEALTHED players or FLAGGED players running into AOE abilities done by yourself or your companion and getting flagged AGAINST thier wishes

Read the whole thing and play on a PvE server. I like these options. I love the option to PVP and would be pissed if whining got it taken away. Also he was in the imperial side... People may try to kill you there. It's suprising he wasn't flagged for PVP when we went by the imperial side.

Cry me a river. How about you get over it? This game isn't perfect, no game is. If people spent less time QQing on the forums and actually played, we would have a lot more lvl 50s running around with good enough gear to defend themselves if anyone actually wanted to start trouble.

What does a game being perfect have anything to do with a flaw in the PvP flagging system?

Read the whole thing and play on a PvE server. I like these options. I love the option to PVP and would be pissed if whining got it taken away. Also he was in the imperial side... People may try to kill you there. It's suprising he wasn't flagged for PVP when we went by the imperial side.

That's what people forget - there are people who use these options for the right reasons, and that reason is asking for consensual PvP. I don't want to see that removed altogether, either - I might try my hand at it once I get up there in levels and am looking for something to do. Just... fix the flagging of a non-flagged player's AoE on a flagged player when he isn't the primary target.

It has nothing to do with taking PvP away, only giving PvEers the ability to completely avoid PvP and all the associated drama that goes with it.

I don't pay $15.00 to be someones entertainment. I pay that money for my entertainment.

Taking it away would be extreme and unnecessary. Making it consensual would be ideal. Leaving it as is benefits only griefers.

Edited by daemian

It has nothing to do with taking PvP away, only giving PvEers the ability to completely avoid PvP and all the associated drama that goes with it.

I don't pay $15.00 to be someones entertainment. I pay that money for my entertainment.

So much this.

well, as this has happened to me whilst doing a class quest that takes me through a SHARED area for class quests (and having a JK & a BH I know these 2 share quest areas), your arguement is moot.

it happens everywhere in the game, not just in area's designated for that faction.

you'd be pissed if PvP was taken away, well...how do you think players that are getting thier choices of playing taken away by ppl that think its cool to circumvent the PvP on a PvE 'rules' of consentual PvP'ing

You just got tricked into flagging. Not a big deal.

It is a big deal - we choose pve so not to have to pvp - this happened in swg and is griefing and is not fun.

Bioware is pro PVP to introduce this lame garbage again into a game that should be respectful of how people want to play. PVE servers is for PVE or instanced PVP no open world PVP.

I DO NOT WANT TO PVP period so to say this is no big deal sorry you are wrong

instanced pvp on pve servers no open world then you can do it consensually not the griefing way

I like open world PVP on a PVE server. It adds to the flavour of the game.

I do not understand. If you like open World PvP, why do you not roll on a PvP server in the first place? Open World PvP have no place in a PvE server, period. There should not way you flag yourself for PvP, unless you choose to. (flag yourself option).

The problem is that griefers, cowards as they are, are using a game's inconsistency to ruin other people's experience. Poor losers, who probably would not stand a chance in a PvP server and who then choose to hassle non PvP players on PvE servers.

This is the way it works on pve servers. You used a Area of Effect attack and hit a pvp flagged enemy in the process. It wasn't the mob he attacked, no it was your attack hitting him. He tricked you, sure but in the end it is your fault. Simply should not have used a AOE.

The way it works on pve servers, in every MMO btw, is that You cannot become a pvp flagged person if you do not set yourself to it. However there are exceptions to that rule.

1) Entering a PvP area, were you become automatically flagged

2) Right clicking your avatar and setting the PvP flag on yourself.

3) Attacking an Enemy player that is PvP flagged.

You fall in catagory 3. Though luck.

wrong - using an aoe as a heal on a companion stealthed player was there opposite faction boom pvp ganked - PVEn is PVE no one should be forced period. Why is your pvp preference more important then the pve choice. You have dedicated pvp servers we dont have dedicated pve with open world BS like this

I do not understand. If you like open World PvP, why do you not roll on a PvP server in the first place? Open World PvP have no place in a PvE server, period. There should not way you flag yourself for PvP, unless you choose to. (flag yourself option).

The problem is that griefers, cowards as they are, are using a game's inconsistency to ruin other people's experience. Poor losers, who probably would not stand a chance in a PvP server and who then choose to hassle non PvP players on PvE servers.

It's simple, really. You see, when you quote my comments out of context and completely ignore the post I was responding to, then it distorts the meaning so that it no longer makes any sense.

On the other hand, if you'd been following the conversation, you'd realize that I fully support the OP's position. Consensual PVP on a PVE server is not the problem, it's the mechanic that allows griefing and forcing players into PVP situations when they don't want to.

Edited by daemian

How do you know I don't, and what does that have to do with my post?

You said yourself you like to see open World PvP on a PVE server.

If you are playing on a PvP server, why should you care? If you are playing on a PvE server and want Open World PvP, plenty of PvP servers to choose from. No need to stay on a PvE one.

This highlights just how little the TOR devs know what they are doing. PvP should not be an option of any kind on the PvE servers. Not even sparring or dueling. PvP should be 100% restricted to the servers dedicated to PvP. PvE players choose a PvE server because they don't want to play with that ganking crap.

More BioWare/EA/Lucasarts fail.

I may be remembering the details on how this happened to me before, but I've been ganked on PVE servers in WoW because of a simple mistake like this. Some opposing faction d-bag is hopping around in front of me while I'm attacking some NPC's or going to talk (right-click) to an NPC and I accidentally attack them, which flags me for PVP and they kill me unexpectedly.

Unless you're saying AOE shouldn't flag you if it hits another player on a PVE server? I don't specifically remember testing it in WoW, but I believe AOE will flag you for PVP in the same situation as the OP is describing.

Anyone know for sure?

AFAIK, PVE servers are only non-PVP until you willfully attack someone on the opposing faction, and that could include AOE attacks or accidentally right clicking on them.

I'm pretty sure that's why I'm always careful the way I am playing around opposing faction players on PVE servers -- so I don't accidentally attack them. Because, really, they have no idea if it was an accident or not and will usually attack you without waiting to see if you really want to kill them.

Edited by NetFu