Cross Realm

Did they said something about it? I think cross realm fps are really neceseary, at least for low population servers...

Although cross realm FPs may help low pop. servers, cross realm LFG is not what I believe to be the best for the community as a whole. I believe server mergers would be the most appropriate action (making 3 low pop servers into 1 standard pop. server). Unfortunatly, WOW proved that cross realm LFG (and more importantly cross realm LFR) caused a huge community crash. Anymore if you find a decent person in WOW, concider yourself lucky.

And it's only a matter of time before you ask for cross-realm ops finders as well, and if history has shown us anything, it's that the same actions always seem to have very similar outcomes. At least with a server merger and same-realm LFG, you are grouping with people on your server, so the "I'm never going to see this person again, lets see how bad i can piss them off" attitude shouldn't set in.

Did they said something about it? I think cross realm fps are really neceseary, at least for low population servers...

They said that they wouldn't do cross-server LFD/LFR at the Guild Summit and got a roomful of cheers from guild leaders.

Server merges not cross-server PVE is the solution to the issue of underpopulated servers.

Server merges are the smoking gun every Internet troll claiming TOR is dying is waiting for. They're not going to merge servers if they have any sense in their heads.

I believe they'll announce cross-server LFD/LFR pretty soon but will emphasize that it'll look at your own server first and foremost when making groups.

Although cross realm FPs may help low pop. servers, cross realm LFG is not what I believe to be the best for the community as a whole. I believe server mergers would be the most appropriate action (making 3 low pop servers into 1 standard pop. server). Unfortunatly, WOW proved that cross realm LFG (and more importantly cross realm LFR) caused a huge community crash. Anymore if you find a decent person in WOW, concider yourself lucky.

And it's only a matter of time before you ask for cross-realm ops finders as well, and if history has shown us anything, it's that the same actions always seem to have very similar outcomes. At least with a server merger and same-realm LFG, you are grouping with people on your server, so the "I'm never going to see this person again, lets see how bad i can piss them off" attitude shouldn't set in.

can you show me this proof? of course you can't, it doesn't exist.

Of course guild leaders are going to appluad to such an idea, they are not bothered by the long waits individual people are who dont have a guild. When I purchased the box, I didnt see that guilds were part of the requirement to play the game. So unless they are, there are going to be people who dont join or find guilds they want to be in.

So someone has an attitude and doesnt play nicely, what can be done? Simple, allow for an ignore list that wont group you wtih that person. They tick off enough people, they just ruined the tool for themselves. They wont be finding a group.

If the only arguement is that there are bad player attitudes, the benefits out weight the problem and as suggested above, the problem could be taken care of. As for those who will still complain about the LFG tool, dont use it. Who said you HAD to go and use it to begin with. Its a matter of choice. And if you happen to be in a guild, you'll probably run with your guild anyway.

Right now I can tell you this, I have spent way to much time trying to find groups for Heroics on the planets. WAY to much time. I cant enjoy the game because no one is on the planets to help. I have to hope that some how I can solo Heroic 2+ which may take forever since I am soloing it. As for Heroic 4, I spend lots of time trying to find groups. I want to be immersed into the game, experiance everything it has to offer. But at the moment, that isnt happening.

O boy... the whole "I want to experience everything the game has to offer, but I don't want to be social on an MMO" complaint. This isn't your XBOX 360 game here folks, you're surrounded by a world of players! for those on low-pop realms, i feel for you, I really do, but those that just don't want to be part of guilds, get rid of the "I want to take my brother and do 16 man ops with just him" attitude. It's an MMO, it's meant to be played with others :-D.

On another note, everything in the game doesn't require "group" makeups. Legacy, crafting, companion rep, datacronns, etc, all make up "solo" gaming. When you're the only one on, go do those kinds of things. When there are multiple people on, go do FPs, or if you're part of a progression guild, go do OPS. Unfortunately, MMOs have become more SPOs (single player online) and no one knows what it's like to learn to work together to accomplish a goal. they just want their button and LOL mode from wow. If you fall into that category, go play wow, and leave SWTOR for the socially inclined people.

my server is so under populated (The Bastion) for the Republic that I have left the game until something is done about it. Don't use the join a guild line because I have, two in fact and the fact of the matter is, I have never been able to run a single lvl 50 instance because of lack of healers on, or even sometimes dps. I am a tank so it should help as dps are easier to find but it hasn't helped. We need a server merge so that we can have more players together with us.

my server is so under populated (The Bastion) for the Republic that I have left the game until something is done about it. Don't use the join a guild line because I have, two in fact and the fact of the matter is, I have never been able to run a single lvl 50 instance because of lack of healers on, or even sometimes dps. I am a tank so it should help as dps are easier to find but it hasn't helped. We need a server merge so that we can have more players together with us.

It is people like you I feel for, it's the ones on a high pop server that complain they don't have access to content that I have issues with.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you. My first toon I rolled on live was on a low pop server. Most servers in the beginning had decent populations, so I leveled to 50. After a few days I noticed the 50 population was exceedingly low. So guess what I did. I rerolled on another server. I watched server pops at the times I play most, and after deciding a rerolled again ( I wasnt playing as seriously the second time, cuz I knew I might reroll again).

The server I am currently on has a great population at the times I play, I got lucky enough to get in a great guild. So no, the whole complaint of a low pop server doesnt sit well with me. Get off your rear and reroll. Yes it will suck while leveling again, but at least you can run FPs and OPs then.

And don't tell me you dont want to leave your friends, because if you had some, you'd be running with em. So whats holding you back?

EDIT: for spelling and to add.

P.S. I'm not actually against cross realm or even single realm LFD. I just wish after getting raid geared they would add a reason for me to.

Edited by Bravemonster