"Old class skills to return in the new expansion?"

Swook

Hey Musco.

Can you answer this question? In the new expansion we would be able to customize our skills, Any chance old skills would be returning so players can play as they want to. Like Project and Telekinetic Throw etc back to Jedi Shadow or Full Auto and Mortar Volley and Sticky Grenade etc back to Vanguard DPS specs. Death From Above and Unload etc back to Powertech Bounty hunter so players can play as they want to, either as it is now to have as much DPS as possible or returning skills and play just for fun, you know...more options.

And If More Old gear and weapons can return before 4.0 launched that was removed. the ones I mean are old Planetary vendor items and also old rewards gear and weapons that was changed at some point.

Swook.

Hey Musco.

Can you answer this question? In the new expansion we would be able to customize our skills, Any chance old skills would be returning so players can play as they want to. Like Project and Telekinetic Throw etc back to Jedi Shadow or Full Auto and Mortar Volley and Sticky Grenade etc back to Vanguard DPS specs. Death From Above and Unload etc back to Powertech Bounty hunter so players can play as they want to, either as it is now to have as much DPS as possible or returning skills and play just for fun, you know...more options.

And If More Old gear and weapons can return before 4.0 launched that was removed. the ones I mean are old Planetary vendor items and also old rewards gear and weapons that was changed at some point.

Swook.

They are giving death from above to bounty hunters

Hey Musco.

Can you answer this question? In the new expansion we would be able to customize our skills, Any chance old skills would be returning so players can play as they want to.

I think you're reading more into the announcement than is there. As I read it, they will be allowing us to customise the abilities we have by adding modifiers to them, rather like the current set bonus modifiers do (but with more flexibility).

There is, of course, a separate question about the lists of abilities, but that list is unlikely to be customisable.

That said, if they want to bring back Nut Stab(1) for Guardians, I'm all for it.

(1) Um. The old version of Blade Dance. You turn around and use a reversed grip strike to stab the enemy in the gut. A BT2 female fighting a Strong (silver) or stronger human-shaped foe will, because the foe is bigger than ordinary foes, stab the foe somewhere ... lower. Use your imagination.

Yes Merc Rocket Punch. Yes PT Unload.

Just open up all those abilities that you locked to advanced class. Who cares if they caused ability bloat? They gave flavor. We don't need a streamlined system, let metas get created by the players.

Yes Merc Rocket Punch. Yes PT Unload.

Just open up all those abilities that you locked to advanced class. Who cares if they caused ability bloat? They gave flavor. We don't need a streamlined system, let metas get created by the players.

Really ??

You truly want OP Min-Maxer's ?? {{ I'm guessing that you are one, yes ?? }}

For my 2 credits worth, 'No Thank You ':confused:

Yes, it may be streamlined, yes you can't do 'Hybrids' hardly at all. But there is a reason for that.

It's called "Min--Maxing just for Bigger Number Crunches" , which most if not, well , just most PvP'ers are

along with hardcore Raiders. For the other majority of Casual players who don't over think the game , the numbers and the statistics , we just want a Game that is fun , and entertaining. I don't need to have to worry about

'Keeping Up With the Jone's' {{PvP'ers , Hardcore Raiders, etc...}} and watch every single number combination, OP Min--Maxing & Number Crunchers. It just gets old , fast. Very Fast. :eek:

Thanks ,

The Sir Strazzen

Yes please. For both aesthetic (old Ravage) and practical (Slice Droid) reasons, I'd love the option to have some of these things back.

For the love of god, don't bring back the old broken ravage. Current one is a huge improvement.

Channeled abilities for melee are a terrible idea.

I wish people weren't so nostalgic all the time and thought about what these things means for class design.

Edited by Nemmar

Really ??

Yes, it may be streamlined, yes you can't do 'Hybrids' hardly at all. But there is a reason for that.

It's called "Min--Maxing just for Bigger Number Crunches" , which most if not, well , just most PvP'ers are

along with hardcore Raiders. For the other majority of Casual players who don't over think the game , the numbers and the statistics , we just want a Game that is fun , and entertaining. I don't need to have to worry about

'Keeping Up With the Jone's' {{PvP'ers , Hardcore Raiders, etc...}} and watch every single number combination, OP Min--Maxing & Number Crunchers. It just gets old , fast. Very Fast. :eek:

Thanks ,

The Sir Strazzen

What the **** does having more abilities that will probably not be used have to do with

Min/maxing?? The point the guy was making is that these abilities add flavour to the class just as options, but will probably never be used. You clearly don’t understand what min/maxing is. If you want a “fun and entertaining” game you shouldn’t be opposed to more choices in customization, especially if there isn’t specifically one meta build that you have to follow to play.

Edited by Stookydroid

I will double check but I don't believe that is part of the plan. I do know that was discussed as something we would look into as an option, but no plans currently.

-eric

What a soft ball... must be getting the post quota in for the week/month :D

What the **** does having more abilities that will probably not be used have to do with

Min/maxing?? The point the guy was making is that these abilities add flavour to the class just as options, but will probably never be used. You clearly don’t understand what min/maxing is. If you want a “fun and entertaining” game you shouldn’t be opposed to more choices in customization, especially if there isn’t specifically one meta build that you have to follow to play.

P.s. if you don’t do ranked or nim your opinion is worth 50% of someone that does. At most.

I was wondering the same thing. He takes a suggestion he doesn't like and turns it into an US vs THEM thing. And what the heck is an "OP min/maxer"?? Someone that can do basic math? :confused::confused:

Slice Droid was a fun and useful ability. I'm still bitter about no Dirty Kick on my Gunslingers. Not raging bitter. More of a "finding cilantro leaves sprinkled on my food and having to remove them before eating" level of bitter.

Bring back Slice Droid!!!

Dirty kick tho? Didn't the devs give slingers a 10m version of dirty kick instead?

I love your cilantro analogy. Does cilantro taste like soap to you? :cool:

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Really ??

Thanks ,

The Sir Strazzen

Name 1 ability that is now removed that was used in a serious Min/Max rotation or was pivotal to accomplishing apex DPS. I'll wait.

Name 1 ability that is now removed that was used in a serious Min/Max rotation or was pivotal to accomplishing apex DPS. I'll wait.

Everybody knew, that finishing an enemy in pvp with rocket punch as a merc gave you a 10 sec dps boost... come on now :cool:

Same as everybody knows, that jumping up before using smash will make smash hit harder because of the momentum... common knowledge, really ;)

Hey Musco.

Swook.

At least he answered you. when i brought it up, i got nothing, but we Should be able to customize our skills, also from different trees.

Wait over Darth

Orbital Strike, Explosive Probe, Snipe for Operatives.

XS Freighter Flyby, Sabotage Charge, Charged Burst for Scoundrels

Edited by Mezoso

Bring back Slice Droid!!!

Dirty kick tho? Didn't the devs give slingers a 10m version of dirty kick instead?

I love your cilantro analogy. Does cilantro taste like soap to you? :cool:

Heh, for me fresh cilantro leaves don't taste like soap, they have their own unique herbal taste. I just don't like that taste.

I miss Dirty Kick because of the "4th and 10, punt!" experience. Below the Belt may be statistically and technically more useful, but it doesn't deliver the same feeling of satisfaction as Dirty Kick.

:rak_03:

or returning skills and play just for fun, you know...more options.

I think that's an excellent suggestion. I've been asking for tactical items that bring back Sent/Marauder Watchman/Annihilation to its 2.10 state here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=962798

because I loved that playstyle so much and miss it. I used to attack every single mob in the game just for the love of how elegant Watchman played with its rhythmical 4 GCD rotation (that was basically moved to Vanguard Tactics) and the brilliant micromanagement it had for resetting Cauterize's cooldown with different abilities. Since 3.0. I do what most people in this game do: Avoid/skip all mobs that can be avoided to get to mission goals as fast as possible.

Back in 2.10. Watchman/Anni wasn't one of the classes with max dps potential, which was fair game, since it didn't have the long ticking dots of other classes. With it's shorter dots it was a class capable of reasonable dps spikes, once it's (then pretty long) buildup had been established.

If we could bring back that playstyle just for fun with e.g. a lot lower dps potential, that would be great. Maybe balancing issues could be avoided that way.

I'm dreaming of:

• a tab in the disicpline's window named "archive" or "classical" that lets you pick, say 1.0-4.0 versions of a discipline (could be the most common choice of abilities for thoses stages when there wasn's a set discipline path)

• utilities could remain the current ones to chose from. If DPS ist reduced you will still not be able to create OP discipline/utility combinations

• marking the character as "classic X.X" to others somehow

That'd be so much fun!

For the love of god, don't bring back the old broken ravage. Current one is a huge improvement.

Channeled abilities for melee are a terrible idea.

I wish people weren't so nostalgic all the time and thought about what these things means for class design.

Well, there's no accounting for taste eh? Functionally though, melee classes with channeled abilities worked fine from launch until 5.0 when they removed it. It didn't need a redesign, and choosing between a channeled ability that forces you to stand in place but does serious damage and one that allows you to move freely but hits like a wet noodle seems fair to me.

More options are good.

I'm perfectly fine with old skills returning, especially animations that people enjoyed, but I'm very nervous about balance. New skills tend to cause balance issues... I'd really prefer if new skills simply replaced existing ones.

Well, there's no accounting for taste eh? Functionally though, melee classes with channeled abilities worked fine from launch until 5.0 when they removed it. It didn't need a redesign, and choosing between a channeled ability that forces you to stand in place but does serious damage and one that allows you to move freely but hits like a wet noodle seems fair to me.

More options are good.

Choice is key

More options are good.

*sigh*

It is not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of mechanics.

First, the idea that the new one hits like wet noodles and the old one hit for a lot is short sighted. The new one is a filler, it hitting for less means your other main abilities hit for more. If it comes back, your main class abilities will hit less, keep that in mind.

Second, the channeled ability and having so much damage in it. It severely weakens the class. The opponent will not the rooted, there are all sorts of root breaks and immunities in the game that will allow players to simply outrange the damage. Wich means your hard hitting ability does ZERO damage on it's most important third hit. Third, while channeling, you are consuming 2 globals. This means that abilities on the global cooldown, in particular defensives and mobility options are sealed. It is the perfect time to burst you down.

Lastly, because of this vulnerability, the best time to stun a warrior/knight is during the channel of the ability, wich will not only deny the damage but take advantage of your vulnerable position.

Not to mention the lag of the whole thing.

Heck, even in PvE having a root on a rotational ability will be a problem as adds are being moved or gathered and you root one out of place, meaning you have to avoid using it.

No, just no, a million times no. Old Ravage/Master strike makes warriors and Knights worse classes just by existing. The current implementation is better by far. It's not even a comparison.

I'm sorry that you got attached to the ability. It was the devs mistake to have kept a broken ability around for so long for people to get attached it. Heck, maybe they can add a tactical that allows you to have it again and you lose like 5-10% damage on the other abilities. Maybe that would make everyone happy. You could gimp yourself with nostalgia all you wanted without affecting the rest of us. :p

Edited by Nemmar

*sigh*

It is not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of mechanics.

First, the idea that the new one hits like wet noodles and the old one hit for a lot is short sighted. The new one is a filler, it hitting for less means your other main abilities hit for more. If it comes back, your main class abilities will hit less, keep that in mind.

Second, the channeled ability and having so much damage in it. It severely weakens the class. The opponent will not the rooted, there are all sorts of root breaks and immunities in the game that will allow players to simply outrange the damage. Wich means your hard hitting ability does ZERO damage on it's most important third hit. Third, while channeling, you are consuming 2 globals. This means that abilities on the global cooldown, in particular defensives and mobility options are sealed. It is the perfect time to burst you down.

Lastly, because of this vulnerability, the best time to stun a warrior/knight is during the channel of the ability, wich will not only deny the damage but take advantage of your vulnerable position.

Not to mention the lag of the whole thing.

Heck, even in PvE having a root on a rotational ability will be a problem as adds are being moved or gathered and you root one out of place, meaning you have to avoid using it.

No, just no, a million times no. Old Ravage/Master strike makes warriors and Knights worse classes just by existing. The current implementation is better by far. It's not even a comparison.

I'm sorry that you got attached to the ability. It was the devs mistake to have kept a broken ability around for so long for people to get attached it. Heck, maybe they can add a tactical that allows you to have it again and you lose like 5-10% damage on the other abilities. Maybe that would make everyone happy. You could gimp yourself with nostalgia all you wanted without affecting the rest of us. :p

Ah, of course. PVP-focused complaints. Sigh indeed.

I played Juggs and Maras fine in both PVP and PVE before 5.0. That you can't deal with channeled abilities as a melee is a problem with your playstyle and awareness, not the class. 'LOL they gon global you while channeling'. If you are getting stunned and globaled in 2 GCDs, it isn't going to matter whether you are channeling or not, as this is something ranged classes already have to deal with.

Do feel free to provide evidence that channeled ravage carries with it a necessary damage output decrease to your other abilities. It's a fairly baseless claim, considering that when it was changed, the rest of the abilities did not get a flat buff to compensate.

I'll happily take a tactical that allows me to use channeled ravage, but if the channel is such a crippling drawback, it doesn't need to come with a damage nerf to the rest, yes?

By the way, you don't want to attack adds on the other side of the room when they are being rounded up anyway. You go for the target the tank's beating on (with their channeled ravage/flamethrower). DPSing 101. Not to mention the root is now an optional utility which you'd rarely if ever take in PVE. You're welcome.

Edited by Unperson

In a slightly different vein:

Please give Operatives back Orbital Strike

Please Please Please

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Please! I beg of you. Give us back Orbital Strike.

IT'S OUR ICONIC CLASS ABILITY AS AGENTS and yet you took it away from Operatives.

Please give it back to us?

Please Please?

Edited by Iymurra

Exactly this. When they went from classic SWTOR to what they have now, I lost interest. I come back every now and then to play my characters because I miss them, but I really loved the old system where you could choose the skills you wanted. The game is way too easy now and too "single player". I don't know whose idea it was to make KOTFE and KOTET solo only but it was pretty stupid. The stories were good but they should have been either party or solo. I have guild members that won't return to SWTOR because of the solo content.