Story idea: "The fight for Mandalore"

Rhys_lightning

Now, after playing Ossus, it did somewhat bring the Joy back to SWTOR, as how things are now back to Republic versus the Empire, although personally i hope in the upcoming story the whole alliance thing disbands as each members go to their original faction (which sadly is the same for the companions).

But however there is one faction I have been keep wanting to see more of, which are the Mandalorians. At this point they still remain a neutral point, and no information has been shared upon their progress, but we do know that they're re-arming themselves, and trying to reclaim their home worlds.

So this has given me an idea, if Bioware possibly see this, I believe it to have great story potential, and other features it may involve.

The story goes that the Mandalorians are still trying to regain their home worlds, as they would just reach to there main home world of Mandalore, but however the Mandalorians notice something wrong, as they would notice Republic involvement on Mandalore, as they learnt the republic are occupying mandalore, mainly harvesting and acquiring most of there resources to aid the war against the Empire. Manda'lor the Avenger (Shae Vizla) and the other clans are not pleased by this, so try to fight to reclaim there home from the Republic, unfortunatly, battle is not helping the Mandalorians, that is when the Sith Empire over hear of the events on Mandalore, thus see a opportunity, as they see more then just potential resources, but potential allies, as the Sith Empire strike a deal with the Mandalorians to help reclaim there home world, but in return the mandalorians must reforge the Mandalorian - Sith alliance, and allow Imperial ships to pass through Mandalorian space, in which the Mandalorians agreed as they would try to regain there home world back from the Republic.

How story go:

Republic: As the alliance commander would be informed by Shae Vizla of the Republic's involvement on Manda'lor, and that she doesn't agree on siding with the Republic, which unfortunately, the mandalorians would leave your alliance, this result too would make you loose Torian, as he is loyal to Manda'lor (this if choose to save him on KOTET) and you have to help aid the republic gather as much resources as they can.

Empire: Same as before, except you tell Shae Vizla that you would help push the republic off Mandalore, with aswell too aid from the Empire to help rebuild the Mandalorian - Sith alliance, as you're focused to claim the rescources back, and too push the republic off the planet Mandalore.

Features: Personal I would like some Dailies, weekly, Heroics, but instead getting new gear, as for Now I say the new item rate gear be enough, as each would give you reputation points. and the rewards either be new decorations, or new Mandalorian Armour in reputation vendors (for republic maybe a new infantry Armour) Also would be nice to have either a Flashpoint or Operations which could involve the Moon of Mandalore, Concordia.

Companions: As before in Ossus as you have a new companion for the story, I would like to see them add more potential companions, As republic get a veteran trooper, and the Empire a Veteran Mandalorian, of course I wont mind seeing the other companions from Ossus to appear.

I hope this idea gets spread enough to make this a actual story

Also if many you ask "Why make the Mandalorians side with Empire, why not republic? Reasons of:

[*]The Mandalorians follow conflict and war to improve themselves, as they're not much ones for peace, as they follow their traditions of their code of honor.

[*]Even "IF" they choose to side the Republic, if the they win, the Republic would enforce their peace laws on to the Mandalorians, which would force them to follow a new way of peace, which will Violate and ruin there honor and traditions as being a Mandalorian.

[*]Siding with the Empire would be logical, as too share a common enemy based on their history, and mandalorians do enjoy the challenge of opposing the Republic, and the Jedi

[*]Lastly, Shae Vizla is indeed a Mandalorian legend...but she is probably a criminal to the Republic due to her pasts acts, one of which the sacking of coruscant, and the republic would refuse to have the Mandalorians as their Allies

Hope you think this idea is worthy spreading to make as the next potential story.

(Lastly, just for the fans out there....don't suppose it yet still maybe be possible to least have one Flirt with Shae Vizla? :p if not, well worth trying xD)

Edited by Rhys_lightning

Republic: As the alliance commander would be informed by Shae Vizla of the Republic's involvement on Manda'lor, and that she doesn't agree on siding with the Republic, which unfortunately, the mandalorians would leave your alliance, this result too would make you loose Torian, as he is loyal to Manda'lor (this if choose to save him on KOTET) and you have to help aid the republic gather as much resources as they can.

How do you square this with a Bounty Hunter who became a Mandalorian during the class story and chose to side with the Republic (i.e. be an Imp Saboteur) on Ossus?

It's not a theoretical question. I have a Light V huntress in exactly that situation (Torian's wife, no less).

Well, personally I found that option to be pointless and dull :/

But, if comes to it, I suppose like a saboteur you try someway to get the republic it's resources, and try to make the mandalorian - sith alliance a bit unstable.

As for the sabotaging to the republic, I say mainly you try give the rescources to the mandalorians and the empire

It's simple: we'll just forget that "saboteur" bs was a thing at all, just like the whole Iokath bs etc. I mean BioWare had easily done something similar with class stories, so that will be to them like piece of cake. Edited by TGaP_Andrey

Well, personally I found that option to be pointless and dull :/

But, if comes to it, I suppose like a saboteur you try someway to get the republic it's resources, and try to make the mandalorian - sith alliance a bit unstable.

As for the sabotaging to the republic, I say mainly you try give the rescources to the mandalorians and the empire

Slightly facetiously: do you have to quit your own alliance because the Mandalorians quit the alliance (seeing as how you are one of them)? That was the part of it that doesn't make sense for a "became Mandalorian" Bounty Hunter who backs the Republic.