Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Contraband Slot Machine

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Max_Killjoy's Avatar


Max_Killjoy
01.29.2015 , 08:39 PM | #1511
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Just curious, what is it that you think you *need*, and why? The leveling curve on this game is pretty low, so I'd think that blues would cut it for anything short of ops, and comm gear can carry you through them. I'm not being rude, I just can't think of anything short of ops that requires purples. Purples are more of a luxury item than a necessity.
After 3.0, what I "need" crafted purple item mods for is to fill in the gaps in 186 gear that the are left after using item mods pulled from the sometimes-terrible setups of the gear bought with Basic comms.

(This being a game, "need" is a terrible standard, really -- and "you don't need _____" from one player is an even worse standard in terms of judging whether another player should have access to whatever. Using the word "need" is simply very easy to fall back into when I don't catch myself.)

Oh, and Augments.

Max_Killjoy's Avatar


Max_Killjoy
01.29.2015 , 08:41 PM | #1512
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
If you're willing to do this, it would be beneficial. I had a .txt file on my desktop that I used for my logs -- make it convenient.

If you want, I could import your into the crafting database I made for my own log -- it can be used to crunch the numbers.
What data do you need and how do you need it presented?

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
01.29.2015 , 08:45 PM | #1513
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
What data do you need and how do you need it presented?
A straight text file would be fine. I can write a parser for just about anything.

For my own log, I wrote the mission name and a star if it got a crit. (When the mission returns, it gives the name in the "accept mats" window.)

I have a dictionary in the DB of every mission by name to "profession", "grade", "cost" and "difficulty" (rich, etc). I can then map this to the results for calculations.

Max_Killjoy's Avatar


Max_Killjoy
01.29.2015 , 10:13 PM | #1514
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
A straight text file would be fine. I can write a parser for just about anything.

For my own log, I wrote the mission name and a star if it got a crit. (When the mission returns, it gives the name in the "accept mats" window.)

I have a dictionary in the DB of every mission by name to "profession", "grade", "cost" and "difficulty" (rich, etc). I can then map this to the results for calculations.
I'll try to be good about this, I have some bad habits when it comes to speed-clicking completed missions if I'm out doing something else (just mentally noting "artifact or not" in the moment it's showing).

Choloe's Avatar


Choloe
01.30.2015 , 12:00 AM | #1515
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
If it's cheaper than cost of the materials then yes do that.

Otherwise get off your own lazy *** and collect your own materials or mission discoveries and stop being a whinger about it.
Must be so difficult to be an all-knowing douche.
"Only a Sith thinks of the Force in terms of power, a Jedi listens and feels the Force to achieve harmony with the Galaxy, and complete control and mastery of the Force." - Ancient Jedi Master A'ahrun Chengon

eartharioch's Avatar


eartharioch
01.30.2015 , 12:30 AM | #1516
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
After 3.0, what I "need" crafted purple item mods for is to fill in the gaps in 186 gear that the are left after using item mods pulled from the sometimes-terrible setups of the gear bought with Basic comms.

(This being a game, "need" is a terrible standard, really -- and "you don't need _____" from one player is an even worse standard in terms of judging whether another player should have access to whatever. Using the word "need" is simply very easy to fall back into when I don't catch myself.)

Oh, and Augments.
I meant "need" in the objective sense -- as in, is there content that you *can't* do because you don't have the gear. And that could either be because your gear doesn't put out the right numbers, or because people won't group with you b/c they think your gear isn't good enough, or they think you suck and that better gear will make up the difference.

If you can do the content in the gear you have, and it just takes longer, than it's not really need.

Other than a mainhand, relics (since there are no 186 comm relics) and blue (178) augments, I'm not sure what an SM OPs player would *need* that Comms gear doesn't provide. The OH, armorings, and mods are the same, and the ear/implant/enhancements have the same important (tertiary) values, like Accuracy.

OTOH, if the "need" is to overcome lag and bugs, then the proper solution is for BW to fix the problems, not just toss out more mats and better gear.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
01.30.2015 , 12:21 PM | #1517
My suggestions are very general of course, and certainly not informed. However, the basis of the suggestion is what is pertinent here IMO.

The point is that they have been pushing mats out by other means now for a while. Conquests, packs, then the machine. Who knows what is next.

This incident was BOUND to happen at some point. Crew missions and scavenging have natural time investments built in that prevent massive dumps of materials on the economy, but by placing mats into these mechanics they have upset the general balance.

What they should have done, and still need to do IMO is to improve scavenging and crew missions. That should at least be the primary way to gain materials, if not the only way.

The problems this method of material delivery creates will continue IMO.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
01.30.2015 , 01:59 PM | #1518
Agreed. Whilst I'm happy with crew skills etc. as they are that is just me. Based on the initial comment of Eric's it does seem like they want to increase supply somewhat so imo that should be done around crew skills.

As I said for some reason grade 11 was the most nerfed crew skills released so far ( 3 instead of 4 for grade 11 TH MDs for example ).

Why they would nerf the gathering yet say they wanted to increase supply is somewhat beyond me.

Not sure what the non MDs reward but going from 3 to 4 on TH at least is over a 30% increase in that form of supply, do it to all the crits on all gathering skills ... it would go al ong way to boosting supply thus dropping prices without making stupid money tree slot machines.

Neglience's Avatar


Neglience
01.30.2015 , 02:18 PM | #1519
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
Agreed. Whilst I'm happy with crew skills etc. as they are that is just me. Based on the initial comment of Eric's it does seem like they want to increase supply somewhat so imo that should be done around crew skills.

As I said for some reason grade 11 was the most nerfed crew skills released so far ( 3 instead of 4 for grade 11 TH MDs for example ).

Why they would nerf the gathering yet say they wanted to increase supply is somewhat beyond me.

Not sure what the non MDs reward but going from 3 to 4 on TH at least is over a 30% increase in that form of supply, do it to all the crits on all gathering skills ... it would go al ong way to boosting supply thus dropping prices without making stupid money tree slot machines.
Well, you only need 2 purples now for augments for example (was 4 before) and the time for missions was also greatly reduced. For me, they increased supply on mats with 3.0

eartharioch's Avatar


eartharioch
01.30.2015 , 03:00 PM | #1520
Quote: Originally Posted by Neglience View Post
Well, you only need 2 purples now for augments for example (was 4 before) and the time for missions was also greatly reduced. For me, they increased supply on mats with 3.0
Yes. Each Rich Slicing crit makes 1.5 augments and each Bountiful crit makes 1; before, it was 1 and .5. And about a 50% speed reduction, so you should be able to make augments 2,5x as a fast as before.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link