Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me

Ryvirath

Hey folks,

Quick update, here are two changes coming to Bolster in Game Update 2.2.1 which is slated for next Tuesday, 6/25:

• Expertise again caps appropriately at 2018 instead of 2013. This correction to a rounding error will result in a slight reduction in PvP Damage Boost, PvP Damage Reduction, and PvP Healing Boost for expertise values below 2018.
  • Crafted Prototype (blue) and Artifact (purple) quality items are now identified properly and are no longer bolstered more than intended.

I definitely wanted to call attention to the second note as I know it is a bug folks have been looking to have addressed. Thanks!

-eric

will this also address green quality items? ive seen a lot of folks using level 54 green implants/earpiece, and it seems that they are not functioning as intended (theyre giving better stats than PvP implants/earpiece)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will this also address green quality items? ive seen a lot of folks using level 54 green implants/earpiece, and it seems that they are not functioning as intended (theyre giving better stats than PvP implants/earpiece)

Those are actually the purple or blues I believe they just come up green on inspection of a player.

Hey folks,

Quick update, here are two changes coming to Bolster in Game Update 2.2.1 which is slated for next Tuesday, 6/25:

• Expertise again caps appropriately at 2018 instead of 2013. This correction to a rounding error will result in a slight reduction in PvP Damage Boost, PvP Damage Reduction, and PvP Healing Boost for expertise values below 2018.
  • Crafted Prototype (blue) and Artifact (purple) quality items are now identified properly and are no longer bolstered more than intended.

I definitely wanted to call attention to the second note as I know it is a bug folks have been looking to have addressed. Thanks!

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric, really appreciated!! :D

Hey folks,

-eric

Finally....2+ months has been brutal.

Hey folks,

-eric

finally

wish this bug was related to any Cartel Coin Exploit, i bet it would have been fixed in 2 days

Thanks for the response Eric. I know bolster probably won't ever be removed like we hope. But I guess aslong as it gets fixed and works right that's the best that can be hoped for.

Pretty much this. Maybe this time we can play it for a few days before the next exploit is found.

Hey folks,

-eric

Hope you got the green items too.

Hope you got the green items too.

There is no problem with the green items.

The problem is (or were, come Tuesday) that blue and purple items are being treated by the system as green items, and being bolstered too much. This is why when you inspect someone, you see them wearing green items, when they are actually wearing purple items.

Edited by ParagonAX

There is no problem with the green items.

The problem is (or were, come Tuesday) that blue and purple items are being treated by the system as green items, and being bolstered too much. This is why when you inspect someone, you see them wearing green items, when they are actually wearing purple items.

Ooooooooh.

OK, I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up. Wow.

Hey folks,

-eric

This little fix is very important for ranked teams looking for fair competition. Thank you.

quick question, when this is fixed next week is that it? will bolster be working as intended and is that what players would say is 'working'. I quit a few weeks after makeb and 2.0 partly because of this train wreck, was kind of hoping it would have been all fixed by now

Hey folks,

-eric

Will this adversely affect the matrix cube? For healers especially, the current relics are a joke. If matrix cubes are nerfed due to this, healers will be pissed...

"More than intended" implies that purple and blue still are getting bolstered.

I currently have (typing from work so the numbers might be a little off)

* Full Conq: 1370 bonus damage in warzones

* Mixed set, six lvl 54 pieces and the rest Conq: +1450 bonus damage and better sub-stats

Will that differerence in bonus damage really be eaten up by the slight nerf to bolster of blues/purples? And don't forget, I'm comparing it to Conq. With partisan I'll have lower stats, meaning that the nerf has to be even bigger for there to be any point in trading PvE gear for PvP gear in the first place.

Sure, people who PvP a lot will eventually have enough comms to buy whatever set they like.....but what's the point of it? Might aswell blow everything on medpacks instead.

Hence, instead of fiddling with bolster on base-stats they should put the bolster on expertise. Because you know, that IS the PvP stat. Let a non-PvP set have a base-expertise on 1500 (3/4 of max sounds perfectly fine to me, they can make up for some of it in good PvE gear) and that's the end of it. No more tweaking back and forth to make sure that people don't find a way to boost their man stats while getting the expertise for free.

Edited by MidichIorian

Will that differerence in bonus damage really be eaten up by the slight nerf to bolster of blues/purples? And don't forget, I'm comparing it to Conq. With partisan I'll have lower stats, meaning that the nerf has to be even bigger for there to be any point in trading PvE gear for PvP gear in the first place.

Sure, people who PvP a lot will eventually have enough comms to buy whatever set they like.....but what's the point of it? Might aswell blow everything on medpacks instead.

Actually, they'd be better off to dump bolster and Expertise altogether, get rid of the PvP only gear and move on.

Thanks for the response Eric. I know bolster probably won't ever be removed like we hope.

We?

People who want bolster removed completely are the minority, so there's no "we". Lower levels in a bracket or fresh 55's shouldn't have a much harder time because they are lower level or haven't done the gear grind yet.

It just needs to be fixed, and possibly taken out of ranked. Even that's a big possibly because if bolster gets more new teams and kickballs queuing so the ranked scene is more active, then fix it and let it stay.

Edited by Stncold

Does this fix include the Matrix cubes as BiS?

Matrix cubes weren't BiS. BW tried to "fix"/change their PvP relics. Of course, they broke stuff (reference relic slot bug), so Matrix cubes are now just "Least Screwed-up in Slot." But by all means, ask them to break more stuff, they're on a roll after all. At the rate their going, the only viable gear to wear in PvP will be the white gear your character was born with. Sounds awesome, right? lmao. :mad:

Matrix cubes weren't BiS. BW tried to "fix"/change their PvP relics. Of course, they broke stuff (reference relic slot bug), so Matrix cubes are now just "Least Screwed-up in Slot." But by all means, ask them to break more stuff, they're on a roll after all. At the rate their going, the only viable gear to wear in PvP will be the white gear your character was born with. Sounds awesome, right? lmao. :mad:

So it's not BiS, it's LSuiS now. I like it! Let's all wear white gear. I haven't tried it but I bet there's and good new exploit in there.

The problem is bolster....stop making fixes for it and remove it. Replace it with the old system until you thoroughly test bolster system you have now...and actually listen to people this time.

endgame bolster is ostensibly the solution to the problem of players coming to endgame WZ with crap gear instead of the recruit gear.

I used to think that solving this problem was worth solving (ZOMG, why are you in engame WZ with level 45 greens! get the recruit gear you idiot n00b). Now that I see how much worse the cure is than the disease it is clear that endgame bolster should be removed.

Some folks at BW might agree but sunk costs will no doubt prevent them from holding a pillow over endgame bolster's face until it stops kicking.

Edited by funkiestj