What is up with Void Star?

Lundorff

Even since the last patch I am getting VS almost every match. Discounting arena I am probably seeing 70% VS. Anyone else?

I’ve not had one.

Multiple OG Hutt Ball, a couple of Civli War, and a handful of Hypergates. Then the rest have all been arena. But no nova coast, void Star, Yavin or OPG.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

ive been getting nothing but 4v4 ques and some voidstars not more than 4 times though

If you are getting 4v4 it means there are not enough people in the queue. I mostly get 4v4 because of the times I play. But I am worried the recent changes to mission completion and deserter lock outs might be affecting numbers in the queue at other times.

i guess we need to remove Voidstar now because it is popping too much

then you can complain about too much novare coast.

See, I don't get this. Why this sudden level of animosity? I was getting VS to a degree I had never seen before, so naturally I wanted to know if this was a new bug.

Super annoying you can't change your tactical before a void star match. Is this a bug?

Oh no, definitely not a bug, SWTOR certainly has no bugs, not in this game, no sir no way no how.....or maybe I'm being rhetorical? It's the new thing

Still only had one VS since the changes.

But to be fair, most of my matches are arena and not 8v8.

I had a round or orbital station pops last night. 7 in a row to be precise and no other pvp matches happening in that bracket. So we were the only players and it still kept popping orbital station.

The system’s never been perfect, but last night it seemed down right broken.

Yeah, most of my 8v8s have been Hypergates. Not that I’m complaining because I actually like that map a lot.

I hate hypergate. The middle is too open, and if its a bunch of ranged classes they all hang out right at the entrance causing fights to always end up in these weird spots on the map near the spawns and without fail someone gets sap capped on or people just cap it and leave it. I feel like I end up guarding most of my hypergate matches because of all that lol.

I hate hypergate. The middle is too open, and if its a bunch of ranged classes they all hang out right at the entrance causing fights to always end up in these weird spots on the map near the spawns and without fail someone gets sap capped on or people just cap it and leave it. I feel like I end up guarding most of my hypergate matches because of all that lol.

Hypergates is one of those maps that can literally make or break a team based on the composition of classes. A full ranged team vs a full melee team is going to favour the ranged in that map. But in those situations I try to force the other team to make errors in judgement and take pressure off my team.

Which usually means me being a bit of a loose cannon and rushing their pylon a lot. The trick is to then not die and get them to chase you so someone on your team can cap theirs or your guys can get some boxes.

I’ve many different tactics for Hypergates that sometimes work and sometimes not. Most of the time it depends on if the other team has tunnel vision or is actually trying to use their brains to win. If they are smart, most of my “out side the box” tactics should not work. But too often they do.

I’ve backfilled quiet a few Hypergates that my team was definitely going to lose till I joined and did some crazy stuff. Usually because the other teams become complacent in farming my team. So when I Ioad in and go destroy their guards and cap, they aren’t expecting it. Then the fun starts and I have to play delay tactics to stop them taking it back.

Edited by TrixxieTriss