Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Login Rewards in 6.2 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Login Rewards in 6.2 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darthscotty's Avatar


darthscotty
11.19.2020 , 05:40 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidStaats View Post


One place you may find unique rewards appear is in the Weekly Subscriber Bonus Reward track. We have designed the back end (developer side) of this specific reward track to allow us flexibility to provide more robust (and unique) rewards versus that of the shared Login Reward track. In addition, we have further plans of ways to provide exciting and exclusive unique rewards, which...well….we can’t go into that yet, but the Login Reward System is the first step in a larger whole!
My suggestion would be to add unique desirable armor sets or cool mounts to these weekly subscriber bonus rewards. Something that you can only get through this track. Consumables are nice, I have jawa junk coming out of my ears, but you really want to get my attention mounts and armor sets get them, make them unique to the subscriber rewards system and you have something that will hold me a lot longer than more jawa junk
Quote: Originally Posted by Babby View Post
We don't tolerate facts around here.

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
11.19.2020 , 05:58 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by darthscotty View Post
My suggestion would be to add unique desirable armor sets or cool mounts to these weekly subscriber bonus rewards. Something that you can only get through this track. Consumables are nice, I have jawa junk coming out of my ears, but you really want to get my attention mounts and armor sets get them, make them unique to the subscriber rewards system and you have something that will hold me a lot longer than more jawa junk
IMO ... the single biggest objection that have (and have seen) with both tech fragments and Jawa junk is finding something that is really desirable or useful to spend them on.

This is true without adding more of the same "rewards" with no real substantial "outlet" to want or desire !

IF there were a "vendor" designated with a better list of items to choose from (when spending Jawa junk or tech fragments) that would help tremendously. That list might include the following:
** an assortment of unique mounts
** an assortment of unique decos for SH
** specialized / unique armor (with better than normal graphics)
** specialized / unique weapons
** a VERY special companion (???) Customizable ??
** an assortment of companion options (hair styles / color ... etc.)

It should be noted that a prerequisite for using the "vendor" would be the "subscriber" category (as defined by the team).

IMO ... you want folks to "get excited about " using the "rewards" ... then fill the pantry with really nice and desirable stuff.

(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
11.19.2020 , 10:52 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
IMO ... the single biggest objection that have (and have seen) with both tech fragments and Jawa junk is finding something that is really desirable or useful to spend them on.

This is true without adding more of the same "rewards" with no real substantial "outlet" to want or desire !

IF there were a "vendor" designated with a better list of items to choose from (when spending Jawa junk or tech fragments) that would help tremendously. That list might include the following:
** an assortment of unique mounts
** an assortment of unique decos for SH
** specialized / unique armor (with better than normal graphics)
** specialized / unique weapons
** a VERY special companion (???) Customizable ??
** an assortment of companion options (hair styles / color ... etc.)

It should be noted that a prerequisite for using the "vendor" would be the "subscriber" category (as defined by the team).

IMO ... you want folks to "get excited about " using the "rewards" ... then fill the pantry with really nice and desirable stuff.

I like this idea as you really don't want my opinion on some of the old armor sets. 90% of them I hated and was so glad when the cartel shop came around as I could finally get armor that I liked.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
11.20.2020 , 09:12 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I like this idea as you really don't want my opinion on some of the old armor sets. 90% of them I hated and was so glad when the cartel shop came around as I could finally get armor that I liked.
YUP !!

The graphics part of the team is really producing some amazing stuff when they set their minds to it !!

I say ... turn their creativity loose and see what they can do !!
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

jedimasterjac's Avatar


jedimasterjac
11.20.2020 , 12:57 PM | #65
I just wanted to thank you, David, for the responsiveness and addressing concerns. I've really appreciated it -- and, as a last little suggestion, I would love to see the weekly Subscriber rewards really hone in on fun, unique rewards for players.

I would like to emphasize that I don't understand why the RNG prevention on calendars works the way it does. While it's good I'll never get an immediate repeat, I don't understand why it can't be done in such a way that I'll never get a repeat until I've completed all three. I think it would feel very unfun, for example, to get Strength in Allies every other week, and seemingly never get access to one of the three calendars.

Thanks for what you do.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
11.22.2020 , 01:43 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
IMO ... the single biggest objection that have (and have seen) with both tech fragments and Jawa junk is finding something that is really desirable or useful to spend them on.

This is true without adding more of the same "rewards" with no real substantial "outlet" to want or desire !

IF there were a "vendor" designated with a better list of items to choose from (when spending Jawa junk or tech fragments) that would help tremendously. That list might include the following:
** an assortment of unique mounts
** an assortment of unique decos for SH
** specialized / unique armor (with better than normal graphics)
** specialized / unique weapons
** a VERY special companion (???) Customizable ??
** an assortment of companion options (hair styles / color ... etc.)

It should be noted that a prerequisite for using the "vendor" would be the "subscriber" category (as defined by the team).

IMO ... you want folks to "get excited about " using the "rewards" ... then fill the pantry with really nice and desirable stuff.

Good ideas

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
11.30.2020 , 12:08 PM | #67
I got a chance to get back on and, I think I experienced it, I received previous day rewards. That was nice. If that didn't happen, then... well poo.

Anywho, I think it will be a really nice feature.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

Decalin's Avatar


Decalin
12.01.2020 , 06:24 AM | #68
Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?
Yes

Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?
Not with the current rewards

Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?
The calendar idea is interesting and seems like it will work, makes a change from the normal count of days subbed these systems tend to use.

In general, which rewards are the most/least valuable to you?
I liked the purple sparkle powder as I like fluff, and the dye pack assuming it is akin to the CM dye packs.

After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?
No

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?
I think we need better rewards to keep things interesting, generally I expect login / sub reward systems to include armour sets, weapon's, mounts and especially decorations. We need items people will actually be excited about rather than just more of the same stuff we already have and dont really need.

Stradlin's Avatar


Stradlin
Today , 06:32 AM | #69
These rewards don't seem that exciting or relevant to me. Consumables or crafting materials or java junk doesn't sound interesting or important. Getting more jawa junk doesn't make me feel happier. Log in rewards should be somethin fun or interesting. TESO hands out cartel crates(well, equivalents) cosmetic gear, houses, expansions. When it comes to log in rewards, I think having something -fun- is more important than having something useful.