Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Guardian is OP


Manweth's Avatar


Manweth
04.25.2014 , 07:13 AM | #21
I've suffered enough from the HVY armor thing, shut up.

I refuse to be nerfed to bottom again. So NO.
NO

NO NONONONONONONNONONONONONONONONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO.


No.

NO.

No.
Manw, Former Vigilance Player and Guardian Advocate.
Former Raider. Eternal Revan Fanboy.
Nothing else matters at this point.

Kain_Turinbar's Avatar


Kain_Turinbar
04.26.2014 , 05:13 PM | #22
I think we will get nerfed though. There seems to be an awful lot of crying about us going on lately.

I think part of it might have to do with the amount of Vigliance Guardians running around now that focus is gone. All those focus players had to switch to something.

Gnimish's Avatar


Gnimish
04.26.2014 , 06:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
Inspiration is a frigging joke ever since they nerfed it. The reason it's a joke is because, once used, the entire allied team is incapable of using it again until the debuff expires. And, to the "super powered" charge, it's a 15% damage buff for 15 seconds on a 5 minute CD that requires 30 stacks of Centering. Significant, but not over the top, and if it is applied at the wrong time it's very overrated. It is best used during clutch moments and those don't happen all the time.
Inspiration was actually on of the better adjustments bioware did. It was a good give and take. Got a lockout but also buffed it so it affected entire op group. Instead of just 4 people. And stopped sentinal stacking which was happening. Why take a guardian in a op over a sentinal when you could cycle inspiration? Now maybe 5 min is a little long and could have anothe look at. I have seen " nah not a sentinal, we have "one" already." And thats not right. Bit i do not know if i would call it a "nerf".

And to the OP. Jusy no.


Sorry for typo's on my phone.

Pwnboy's Avatar


Pwnboy
04.26.2014 , 10:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
I think we will get nerfed though. There seems to be an awful lot of crying about us going on lately.

I think part of it might have to do with the amount of Vigliance Guardians running around now that focus is gone. All those focus players had to switch to something.
It hardly seems "fair" that vigilance gets beaten senseless with the nerf bat because its the more effective of the guardian DPS trees. I mean hell, we only have 2 options and if you don't want to play smash you have 1 choice.
The Atramentar Legacy

Vraal: Veng Jugg 55, Hallasker: Carnage Mara 55, Sarabdal: DPS Sin 54

Telaan's Avatar


Telaan
04.27.2014 , 03:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
I myself who has a 47 Vigilance Guardian, think of myself as OP especially in PvP, now i'm not saying it's a bad thing, but i do think that the other classes should be buffed UP to other classes, and the "OP" classes not downgraded, like what happened to Smash spec, and by proxy DoT Smash for Sentnels.
Suggesting anything based on your experiences at lvl 47 is utterly ridiculous. Snipers get their execute earlier than anyone else, and benefit from it for quite some time. This is an example of why some classes will perform better than others depending on level.

However, balance between classes pre-55 is irrelevant (especially considering the lvl differences within the two lowbie brackets), as is your post.

But please, come to the pvp forum, where you're a known baddie, and repost this garbage there so we can get the crowd this is meant for to lol as well. For anyone taking his post seriously, here is an example post of his:

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
PvP shouldnt need teamwork.
/thread
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Stridentzephon's Avatar


Stridentzephon
04.27.2014 , 12:33 PM | #26
You are all seriously misinformed. Vigi guardian got the buff to FD because we had ZERO way to do what BW gives EACH AND EVERY CLASS. Each class is given a way to survive damage. If it maybe endure the incoming damage or evade or STOP incoming damage.

Every class no matter the spec is given that ability and at the same time a way to stop it. Vigi tree was not given ANY way to do this because if we took the tree it counter balances our ability since armor rating has ZERO effect on damage reduction in pvp. Only migration effects take place which is few and far between in vigi tree. I been vigi tree since beta and support the change to FD. First of all you can control a guardian easily by idk STOP incoming damage. We only get restored for the damage incoming. It is not a I win button if you learn to play your rotations. Second BW stated they wanted a class to be able to have a so call oh **** button during combat to evade or escape which pre 2.7

WE did not. Sent/mara has GBTF AND invis. Assassins/shadows have the ability to endure the damage( the ability I forget but vs sins its the white/blue glow that covers them and stops damage for the time and increases the damage delt.) and invis. Smugs and opbs have stealth and Evade procs. Mandos and commandos have electro nets and unrootible ablities that alow them to evade and even with that BW said they will add one of the 2 evade or endure measures. Sorcs and Sages have force speed and bybble.

So Each class has a way to combat they way the class is designed where Vigi did not. Enure gave us 10% total heal increase for 10 sec which do not Endure incoming damage. Old FD only healed at max 800 per tick over 10 sec with a 8k and 9k with crit which could not override 1 tick per second. So total gain back if we popped both CD would be in pvp 10% of 32k= 3.2k plus the 8k if we got all 10 ticks total return 11.2k return in hp. That is far less then each call restores with either damage output or healing output or pvp damage taken. Many times we burnt our CD and where down before any of them took full effect because the scale was not adjusted with damage taken in IE 900/tick does not survive a 3-5k ability or migrated it. Any and all DPS classes have ability to survive with low determintal effects beside vigi tree til now.
The force can only guide you, using the force is up to the user to see its true purpose.........

GrandLordMenace's Avatar


GrandLordMenace
04.27.2014 , 12:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Stridentzephon View Post
You are all seriously misinformed. Vigi guardian got the buff to FD because we had ZERO way to do what BW gives EACH AND EVERY CLASS. Each class is given a way to survive damage. If it maybe endure the incoming damage or evade or STOP incoming damage.

Every class no matter the spec is given that ability and at the same time a way to stop it. Vigi tree was not given ANY way to do this because if we took the tree it counter balances our ability since armor rating has ZERO effect on damage reduction in pvp. Only migration effects take place which is few and far between in vigi tree. I been vigi tree since beta and support the change to FD. First of all you can control a guardian easily by idk STOP incoming damage. We only get restored for the damage incoming. It is not a I win button if you learn to play your rotations. Second BW stated they wanted a class to be able to have a so call oh **** button during combat to evade or escape which pre 2.7

WE did not. Sent/mara has GBTF AND invis. Assassins/shadows have the ability to endure the damage( the ability I forget but vs sins its the white/blue glow that covers them and stops damage for the time and increases the damage delt.) and invis. Smugs and opbs have stealth and Evade procs. Mandos and commandos have electro nets and unrootible ablities that alow them to evade and even with that BW said they will add one of the 2 evade or endure measures. Sorcs and Sages have force speed and bybble.

So Each class has a way to combat they way the class is designed where Vigi did not. Enure gave us 10% total heal increase for 10 sec which do not Endure incoming damage. Old FD only healed at max 800 per tick over 10 sec with a 8k and 9k with crit which could not override 1 tick per second. So total gain back if we popped both CD would be in pvp 10% of 32k= 3.2k plus the 8k if we got all 10 ticks total return 11.2k return in hp. That is far less then each call restores with either damage output or healing output or pvp damage taken. Many times we burnt our CD and where down before any of them took full effect because the scale was not adjusted with damage taken in IE 900/tick does not survive a 3-5k ability or migrated it. Any and all DPS classes have ability to survive with low determintal effects beside vigi tree til now.
Hey we're on YOUR side

But what you just said is completely accurate EXCEPT for the halting damage being an effective tactic. In most situations stopping damage completely for 30 seconds isn't viable. I think a better tactic is to fish out FD with LOW damage abilities so the jugg/grd overheals through it, therefore mostly negating the effects of FD, then using heavy hitters to burn the target down.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

Stridentzephon's Avatar


Stridentzephon
04.27.2014 , 02:45 PM | #28
I am on ALL guardians side. I am one for life and do not intend to divide our numbers but some people need to do their homework and main the class more then just playing it as a alt. Not saying they are not as important but understanding the weaknesses and advanages of the class takes time to see. When someone states that armor rating makes FD pointless they do not understand how armor rating was put into effect BEFORE we had the buff to expertise. Expertise makes the rating useless and does minimal to migate damage for vigi tree.

Yes I understand stopping damage is not the purpose of pvp or a tatical. Its counter effective. BUT more over each and every class has many ways to root us snare us or stun us. That then becomes the effectiveness of the ability. Many players do not understand that dishing out the damage is not the way to win pvp its using rotations effectively. As I stated before. Most attacks are 2-5k under 20% hp which brings up auto crit heavy hitting under 20%.

Many people do not use acc. to increase crit effectiveness or hit effectiveness. Many even state in pvp 90% is far suffericent enough to get the job done. I argue completely against that. ACC does effect pvp in a instance of live vs dead. Before even spec'd into the trait i would only have 96% even with comp buff and dispatch would not do the job or would hit for 3-5k. Once I gear to 100% my dispatch went up to even hitting upwards to 10K. Not saying its a 100% but it is a effective way to ENSURE a kill.

With that being said New FD buff only effects 3k max per tick which average hits 600-900 returns 2400-2100 hp and that is not abilites that hit for 3-5k which nagetes the FD tick. We can not even toggle it til under 70%. Even with the 30 sec buff its still 10 ticks which is 30k hp OVER 30 sec IF we take the damage.

Many classes have a way to nagate the timer if played right, stuns and roots are what we are always saying is why we are not ranked higher. When a class pops a bubble what do you do? Stop damage and wait or just run away. OR do you keep beating on the sorc/sage? Even with saber ward turning blades which i believe is a joke because it states we get 2 secs of 100% defense we dont in pvp. FD is for vigi is the ONLY substanced defense we have in pvp.
The force can only guide you, using the force is up to the user to see its true purpose.........

Kain_Turinbar's Avatar


Kain_Turinbar
04.28.2014 , 10:46 AM | #29
Well its official, Focused Defense is getting nerfed according to the Guardian Q&A thread.

GrandLordMenace's Avatar


GrandLordMenace
04.28.2014 , 11:05 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
Well its official, Focused Defense is getting nerfed according to the Guardian Q&A thread.
Well it's fine. Most of FD becomes overheal anyway.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game