Profitable gathering material

Aro_Kets

Looking through GTN I noticed that grade 8 materials often have the same price as 4/5 grade (800-1000 credits for one piece) Are there more profitable materials that can be collected? It is difficult to collect several million for a new armor with such a small income. I also have Inheritance Mainhand Weapon Construction Kit, is there a place where I can use it?

Looking through GTN I noticed that grade 8 materials often have the same price as 4/5 grade (800-1000 credits for one piece) Are there more profitable materials that can be collected? It is difficult to collect several million for a new armor with such a small income. I also have Inheritance Mainhand Weapon Construction Kit, is there a place where I can use it?

In general, you don't need to pay millions for armour unless you just want to participate in Fashion Wars: The Old Catwalk. The stuff on the GTN that players have priced at millions is no better, *as*armour*, than the stuff you can buy from the Adaptive Gear Vendor on the Fleet for a few thousand credits in total. It's priced so high merely for the rarity and the looks.

EDIT: I say the above not to discourage you from saving credits to buy those sets, but to dispel any illusions you might have about their practical gameplay value. END-EDIT.

Gathering materials is not a particularly time-efficient way of acquiring credits. Run through a set of Heroic missions for the planets where you are high enough in level (use the Ctrl+G Activities panel to be sent to the Heroic Mission terminal on the planet where you can pick up the missions, then use the Heroic Transport buttons on the on-screen mission log to go to the missions themselves), and you'll get far more credits (per hour) than you can get by gathering materials.

The Inheritance Mainhand Weapon Construction Kit is a relic of the days when medium-level fixed-stats weapons were actually a useful thing, and they have never been upgraded since then(1). If you want to buy one, go to the vendors on your faction's capital world:

* On Coruscant, on the plaza in front of the Senate Tower, near the left-hand (facing toward the tower) entrance to the commercial district under the plaza.

* On Dromund Kaas, at the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the commercial district in eastern Kaas City.

There's one vendor for each base class (Trooper, Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Smuggler on the Republic side, etc.).

(1) When I got my first kit, in 2013 around the time when Rise of the Hutt Cartel (2.0) came out and raised the max level from 50 to 55, I was immediately struck by the oddness of these things. It seems so ... useless ... to have a special weapon like that when you can't ever upgrade it.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I will try this "heroic rush" and see how much I can earn. I have one more question about the plot of the planet Iokath so SPOILER ALERT. At Iokath, we make a decision whether to join the Empire or the Republic. Will I be able to recruit Elara Dorn by playing as trooper and joining the Empire?

I will try this "heroic rush" and see how much I can earn. I have one more question about the plot of the planet Iokath so SPOILER ALERT. At Iokath, we make a decision whether to join the Empire or the Republic. Will I be able to recruit Elara Dorn by playing as trooper and joining the Empire?

As far as I know, no, she won't join you if you back the Empire(1). There are other things you must not do during the course of KotFE if you want to recruit her, notably two specific dark-side decisions (described in the spoiler box):

If you leave the Zakuul reactor to blow up during Chapter III, or if you either let Kaliyo blow up the Spire *or* blow it up yourself in Chapter X, she won't (re-)join you.

There's another one where she will probably walk off and leave you if you do it, but it happens at the end of Chapter XIII of KotFE:

There is an option to kill Aric Jorgan if the circumstances line up in a particular way. I expect that if you take that option, she'll go away.

(1) Pretty much the same whether you are a Republicist who backs the Empire "against type", or if you are an Imperial who remains loyal. The same applies later, at the beginning of Jedi Under Siege (you make a separate and final decision then, and this decision dos not have to match the decision on Iokath *or* the decision at the end of Nathema Conspiracy):

Some (re)recruited companions grumble a bit but remain loyal to you (notably T7 and Aric Jorgan if you back the Empire as an Empire-side character), but others *will* leave you (notably Talos Drellik if you back the Republic, but I'd expect also Lt Pierce and M1-4X if you take the saboteur route).

On lowbie planets, the base damage of a gold weapon is always higher than anything purple. So, while your crit and power or shield or whatever will be higher with a higher level weapon, your inheritance level 33 weapon beats your level 70 246 purple weapon by a factor of roughly 10 % extra damage per hit.

I still use them on planets under level 35 if toons don't have level 70 gold weapons. Especially on both capitals and Nar Shaddaa...

Edited by BenduKundalini