Since KOTOR: Manaan

TaitWatson

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've talked to a lot of ppl myself about Manaan, I hate Manaan and hated doing it, could've done without it. Having to share a stupid city with Sith makes no sense without having some fights. The 1 storyline involving a Murder was ok at first, but then got tired of it.

Isn't Manaan supposed to be mainly destroyed now??

But I think some Planet like Kashyyyk would be much better, if done almost like the SWG version, Almost. But as big

EDIT...... EDIT: I was just on Manaan and I Must say I was WRONG about Manaan. I have to give Bioware Props on how awesome of a Job they did on the parts of the City they made. I haven't done the New Flashpoint yet, but I do want to do it. I love the Manaan they have made thus far. Thanx Bioware. :)

Edited by MandFlurry

it is a tactical flashpoint (because we need those for the masses of DPS in queue), but I believe you know who on Reddit went through the files and found references to HM, which would need trinity, just like Czerka flashpoints

They've said on the livestreams that the Tactical-only FPs like Korriban and Tython, and now Manaan, will be getting HMs (with the possible exception of KDY since that one's kind of an odd case).

I think it's pretty clear they're just holding them back until the level cap increase so there are enough HM FPs at that new max level (the same way at 55 they released HMs for Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders, etc.).

Edited by DarthDymond

They've said on the livestreams that the Tactical-only FPs like Korriban and Tython, and now Manaan, will be getting HMs (with the possible exception of KDY since that one's kind of an odd case).

I think it's pretty clear they're just holding them back until the level cap increase so there are enough HM FPs at that new max level (the same way at 55 they released HMs for Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders, etc.).

IT WILL BE NEW CONTENT.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...!!! :rolleyes:

They did? I will admit I mostly watch only the GSH streams (because I always forget about the ones on Friday), so it is possible I missed it, and I know about it only from the archaeological digs...

• 4 weeks later...
Not the best flashpoint ever but have to admit half way through when all goes to hell it is really cool. Reminded me of Bioshock 2 when they blow the pump stations :)

Agreement: I couldn't make that comparison, but when the facility started sinking, it is awesome. Especially when I found out there is a timer. That just added to the experience. I love it.

I finally visited Manaan this weekend for the first time.

I have to say: BW, thank you very much!

The scenery is fantastic, you give us (or at least me) such a great KotOR feeling (which is what many players wanted). Memories came up right away. I was nearly looking for that Greedo guy from the GenoHaradans. ;)

The FP itself is also very nice. For me personally, it has the right length and the perfect combination of a slight challenge, but not frustrating and I don't have to be focused 100% all the time. It's a FP I can even do after a long day at work. And honestly, the cutscenes and the story are excellent.

If the future updates continue with such story and quality cutscenes, I'm more than fine. Sure, class story updates would be great, but this plot presented here is definitely an acceptable comprise. Maybe you could add even more story and cutscenes next time? :)

In general, the strongholds and conquests added a great amount of new flavour to the game. So many things people requested are now in. How much did people cry over having no incentive to visit old planets again, for example. Now conquer them, there you go. :D

To me it seems like BW now knows how to update this game while avoiding the original messed up code as much as possible. Keep on fixing the codex, add more new planet-visiting cutscenes and some fixes and tweaks here and there and the haters hopefully get less and less.

I am very pleased and satisfied at the moment (and yes, I play since late BETA with a continuing sub ever since etc. pp., just in case someone wants to hop in here to add some of his or her pitiful hate to my post). I wonder how I fould feel if I would just have started this game now. I think I would be positively overwhelmed. Maybe, after 2 and a half years of player-financed inofficial BETA phase, this game finally reached Alpha-status now. ;)

Keep it coming, BW!

Maybe, after 2 and a half years of player-financed inofficial BETA phase, this game finally reached Alpha-status now. ;)

Keep it coming, BW!

So, the game is going backwards?

Because, afaik, Alpha precedes Beta.

Edited by TheNahash

Pro tip: Do something about the convos in future flashpoints.

Alternatives:

*Majority vote at the start of the flashpoint. If two or more wants to skip all convos will be auto-skipped.

*Take out convos when queueing through groupfinder.

*Don't put convos in the middle of the flashpoints.

I personally think it's painful to have to watch the same thing for the 7829517894th time but I keep quiet about it. The thing just is that there's almost always atleast one more person who feels the same way and that person usually speaks up about it, resulting in that the one who didnt skip gets pissed or simply refuses to pick an alternative, making the whole thing worse.

And granted that you could approach this from the other PoV and say that those who prefer to not watch convos could simply create custom groups and manually go in. I think it would be more reasonable if those who wants to watxh convos did this, with likeminded people instead, so that the group finder content will be smoother. I'm avoiding esseles HM like the plague for the simply reason that it takes twice as long when someone persists on watching every convo. I mean, just how many times can you watch the same thing? Manaan has some lenghty convos too so I'm currently suffering through it for the achivements but once those are finished I'm never doing it again. This despite that I actually like the playable parts.

Also, I am not on a RP server. If this had been the case I would have expected that people sat through convos and I wouldnt complain about it.

Pro tip: Do something about the convos in future flashpoints.

Alternatives:

*Majority vote at the start of the flashpoint. If two or more wants to skip all convos will be auto-skipped.

*Take out convos when queueing through groupfinder.

*Don't put convos in the middle of the flashpoints.

I personally think it's painful to have to watch the same thing for the 7829517894th time but I keep quiet about it. The thing just is that there's almost always atleast one more person who feels the same way and that person usually speaks up about it, resulting in that the one who didnt skip gets pissed or simply refuses to pick an alternative, making the whole thing worse.

And granted that you could approach this from the other PoV and say that those who prefer to not watch convos could simply create custom groups and manually go in. I think it would be more reasonable if those who wants to watxh convos did this, with likeminded people instead, so that the group finder content will be smoother. I'm avoiding esseles HM like the plague for the simply reason that it takes twice as long when someone persists on watching every convo. I mean, just how many times can you watch the same thing? Manaan has some lenghty convos too so I'm currently suffering through it for the achivements but once those are finished I'm never doing it again. This despite that I actually like the playable parts.

Also, I am not on a RP server. If this had been the case I would have expected that people sat through convos and I wouldnt complain about it.

You are playing the wrong MMO my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never played the original Kotor, but Kotor 2. But after visiting manaan and playing the FP into boredom I say this: expand it with a daily quest area, even the next lvel increase (story arc) should take place here..

and add a stronghold to this wondferful planet. Gj BW.