Right mouse button to steer stops turning.

Gaffp

I have been having an issue with right mouse button steering when I am moving around in any environment in game (speeder, running, starfighter...etc). What happens is I'll hold down right mouse button and start moving. Anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds later the mouse pointer will appear briefly and it will stop steering. The resulting pause in movement has caused me to fall off bridges, speed too close to enemies...etc.

I've been looking on the forums and online about this and have found a lot of posts about it but no solutions. With the number of people who have had this issue all having a wide variety of different mice and equipment it seems unlikely it's a PC problem but some kind of setting in game?

I have not experienced this issue in any other program, game or otherwise.

Mouse is a Corsair, corded, plugged directly into my PC. Firmware and drivers are all up to date. Windows 10 updated. Tried it with a different corded mouse and have the same issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Gaffp

I have been having an issue with right mouse button steering when I am moving around in any environment in game (speeder, running, starfighter...etc). What happens is I'll hold down right mouse button and start moving. Anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds later the mouse pointer will appear briefly and it will stop steering. The resulting pause in movement has caused me to fall off bridges, speed too close to enemies...etc.

Sounds like your mouse button is failing and it lost contact when the pressure shifts. Try replacing the mouse,

Since it happens with more than one mouse, I'd suggest maybe it's some background task that is grabbing the mouse output for some reason. Or perhaps some odd setting in "Sticky Keys" or whatever, that causes it.

If you are running a Corsair mouse driver, try uninstalling it and running with just the Windows built in mouse driver, to eliminate the Corsair software as the problem. If the Corsair driver is the problem, check the settings for polling rate, etc. (Lowering the polling rate does sometimes help with the 'mouse loses direction' thing.)

Edited by JediQuaker

I have the same issue, it's sporadic. At first i thought my mouse button was failing but then i tested it in different games and could not recreate the issue, it only seems to happen in this game. I use a Logitech M570 (trackball), ive read they have issues with failing buttons but it doesnt seem to be the case.

Even if it is your mouse button failing, it may be hard to recreate in other games with different controls (or uses for the mouse buttons). In SWTOR, the right mouse button has many functions. Holding it down allows you to look around or steer, but it is also the button we use to click on things.

When my right mouse button started failing, it did what the OP described. It also would interact with objects when I was holding the button down to "look " or steer. For example: Looking around in my stronghold, when I passed over my cargo, guild, or legacy bay, it would interact with it. What was happening was a rapid series of depressed -- released -- depressed -- released ... It was happening rapidly enough that most steering seemed normal, but if any clickable object (including companions, npcs, nodes, etc) got in the path, I would lose the steering / looking ability.

I would try what I described around your legacy bank, since that will definitely take a second (or a few) to load and you can confirm it's your button. You can also try switching the left and right mouse buttons (for diagnosis purposes) in your setup and see if you still experience the issue(s) when using your left mouse button instead.

Edited by BRKMSN

Even if it is your mouse button failing, it may be hard to recreate in other games with different controls (or uses for the mouse buttons).

I tested it in similar games where the mouse button is used for the same function, like Guild wars 1 & 2, WoW.

Using the right mouse button to turn and look around the environment in those games did not have the same issue as the op described in this game which is also the same issue i have experienced.