Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

Please Bioware, reconsider this:

I like to lvl alts and not focus on one char

I don't have a lvl 50 yet my highest toon is 46

I have alts on different servers so I cant lvl up legacy on all of them

I don't have much time to play , I barely play 1 hour a day

I DID NOT REACH THE SECOND REQUIRMENT ( legacy lvl 6 or lvl 50 )

Please allow players who have passed lvl 40 (because most of them have passed) to get the free month

Thank you

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most reasons are sounding more like excuses, than anything else.

And that's completely the wrong mentality. That makes it sound like people really ought to be lvl 50 or legacy lvl 6, and if they're not it's because they've not been doing their job, been lazy, etc.

It's a GAME. There's no "ought to be" anything. As long as your play style isn't against the rules and doesn't make the game bad for other people, you ought to play exactly how you wish. As such, those things listed aren't excuses because no one NEEDS an excuse for not having hit 50 or legacy 6 yet. Bioware is the one who needs to come up with some damn good excuses here, for doing so poorly at implementing this promotion.

The ONLY reasonable metric to use for a promotion like this is months paid for. That's it.

I have many real-life obligations, both because of work and because of family. So when I finally got some free time to play, I was a bit surprised to see that those who have more free time and/or are willing to burn past half the game's content are being rewarded with something of actual monetary value.

I've been paying for the game just as they have (and have not been able to reap as much benefit from it to boot, unfortunately). Why would you insult people who work hard at actual life, whom you take money from every month, simply because they haven't reached some virtual goal?

In-game rewards for in-game effort are completely understandable, as are out-of-game rewards for out-of-game loyalty.

If my loyalty means so little, then it will not be given, nor will my money. I'll get my discount one way or another (and likely for several months if not more), because I'm fairly certain that no excuse will make me comprehend why you would choose to alienate part of your customer base in this way.

And that's completely the wrong mentality. That makes it sound like people really ought to be lvl 50 or legacy lvl 6, and if they're not it's because they've not been doing their job, been lazy, etc.

It's a GAME. There's no "ought to be" anything. As long as your play style isn't against the rules and doesn't make the game bad for other people, you ought to play exactly how you wish. As such, those things listed aren't excuses because no one NEEDS an excuse for not having hit 50 or legacy 6 yet. Bioware is the one who needs to come up with some damn good excuses here, for doing so poorly at implementing this promotion.

The ONLY reasonable metric to use for a promotion like this is months paid for. That's it.

That is a way to look at it. The other one is simpler: they are giving a gift to the ones that got to 50 or Legacy 6. It is not mandatory to even get to either by April 22. It`s just you don`t get the gift. It might be a title. It might be a pet. It might be a shiny crystal... or it might be 30 days free.

He was stating, just as most in this thread, reasons as to why he has not a level 50 or legacy 6 by now. I merely stated why those are only excuses for what I feel like "I didn`t get what the other guy has got". We can argue semantics all day long about the choice of words, in this case, "excuses", but the fact still stands:

There is time until April 22 to get to level 50 or Legacy 6.

So, the only reasonable course of action is to start leveling if someone wants the gift... or don`t level, or go out of their way and don`t get the gift.

Ultimately, the "burden" falls on the player. The time spent on this Forum could be spent ingame, for another Legacy level, for instance. Or lvl 10 crafting skills. Or level 20 flashpoints. Or helping level 5 guildmates. Or playing the GTN for grade 1 mats. It`s only a choice :)

That is a way to look at it. The other one is simpler: they are giving a gift to the ones that got to 50 or Legacy 6. It is not mandatory to even get to either by April 22. It`s just you don`t get the gift. It might be a title. It might be a pet. It might be a shiny crystal... or it might be 30 days free.

He was stating, just as most in this thread, reasons as to why he has not a level 50 or legacy 6 by now. I merely stated why those are only excuses for what I feel like "I didn`t get what the other guy has got". We can argue semantics all day long about the choice of words, in this case, "excuses", but the fact still stands:

So, the only reasonable course of action is to start leveling if someone wants the gift... or don`t level, or go out of their way and don`t get the gift.

Ultimately, the "burden" falls on the player. The time spent on this Forum could be spent ingame, for another Legacy level, for instance. Or lvl 10 crafting skills. Or level 20 flashpoints. Or helping level 5 guildmates. Or playing the GTN for grade 1 mats. It`s only a choice :)

I do not like the idea of the new Promotion has now been Expanded.

QFT. Well said! Less talking about it & more doing something about it if this free month opportunity means that much to you.

Hello everyone! At BioWare we're always listening to our fans and we've heard our community's comments around players with Level 50 characters being the only group awarded 30 days of play time. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).

We just released the innovative Legacy System as part of Game Update 1.2, and felt that looking at Legacy point progression across all of your characters was a great way to reward our most avid players. This means that any of the experience you earn with any of your characters brings you closer to the goal of Legacy Level 6. The choice of how to get to Legacy Level 6 is yours.

First, you need to have passed Chapter 1 to unlock your legacy. Examples of how to get to Legacy Level 6 include:

• A pair of characters Level 45 and 42
  • A trio of characters of Levels 45, 32 and 32
  • A bunch of characters Levels 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20
  • A single 50th level character that has enjoyed the endgame for a brief time

Remember these are just examples – you’re free to choose how to earn your Legacy experience to gain Legacy Level 6.

We've also got another significant piece of good news: everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT - click here for a time zone converter) to have a Level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 on their account to get 30 days of game time on us. (Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.) Players will now have multiple options, as well as more time, to try and reach these goals and play all the great new content in Game Update 1.2.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to surprise and delight our customers.

Dr Greg Zeschuk

Studio GM, BioWare Austin

[As an FYI: the news story and webpage regarding Legacy Promotion will be updated tonight or early next week with up-to-date information.]

Gee thanks for NOTHING BW for showing preferential treatment to toon that don't have a lvl 50 toon. Just another reason to hate this game and feel left out. THANKS FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Edited by DarthSublimitas

Iv'e come to the conclusion that the promotion will be closed on the 22nd,Will soon be water under the bridge.

Its a good game

I like the game

No I dont hate Bioware for trying.

If there was no free game time promotion I wouldnt care.

If i never even knew there was a free game time promotion it would'nt matter.

The promotion was created with good intentions but dissapointed some, My opinion (Promo backfired/alienated playstyles ,RL commitments)

And Ide rather hose mud uphill than listen to others criticize those who were dissapointed with the promotion,Especialy when those critics think they need to write a game guide "how to play your game my way because your doing it wrong"

So even if I raced to level 50 from 43 with the remaining three days I have, I wouldn't be able to get the thirty days. Because my subscription needs to be active to receive it. I understand why... but that just plain sucks for me. I don't have any way of paying for it at the current time, so I won't be getting those thirty days I've been leveling for. This really makes we wish I had a damn level 50 on April 12. Oh well, I'll live.

so player need to subscribe or not?

If you go to your account page it will state your subscription as active It must be active in order to recieve your free 30 days.

•OR have an active subscription with a Legacy Level 6 account by April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

Your account must not be banned.

To be an active subscriber:

•You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

•You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code

Also, there was NEVER a question of being equal: from the start, pre-orders get a "unique" crystal. Razer peripherals get one "unique" crystal = although that is 86 DNA samples as of today ...
Not quite correct, on 2 points.

1. 83 DNA samples for the L50 crystal. 75 for the L31 version. Pre-order crystals only came in one flavor initially - very low level.

2. Having seen the Razer Pre-Ord crystal side by side, the event crystal still appears to be a lot brighter of color. Given that I can spot it fairly well on an LCD with less color definition than my old CRTs, this ain't all bad.

Given the costs of Razer items, though, I wouldn't have minded if it was identical.

Now.. where to get that slick looking black-orange I saw a Juggy running with..

I don't usually post on MMO forums, because it's a pit of spiteful people, looking for any ol' reason to be offended and venomous to eachother. Another reason is due to my overt hatred for the greedy, soulless practices of companies that produce these games, which choose overwhelmingly to milk the cow to death over feeding and nurturing it.

Today, my opinion was shaken. Today, my cynicism has filled with spiderweb cracks. A major gaming company just gave out 30-days of free playtime to the majority of it's playerbase, for no other reason than "Thank you for playing".

I am blown away. Thank you, BioWare. I will be here a long, long time as you've just earned my appreciation. If this was a PR move, it has worked famously.

Those of you saying this isn't a big deal? Do the math. Let's assume there's 2 million players, and only half of which meet the suggested criteria. That's 15 million dollars flushed away, just to put a smile on our faces. One could argue that they aren't "giving" it to us, as they never had it in the first place. But when have you, honestly, ever seen a game company cast aside such an enormous, effortless opportunity for profit, merely in the interests of consumer happiness?

Now I slink back into my hole to rejoin the silent majority. Keep doing what you're doing, because I love your game.

Dear Bioware

My wife has been an active subscriber since Janurary but playing as a casual player she has only just unlocked her Legacy.

She played Sith Sorc and didnt enjoy the class rerolled a Sniper then deciding to re-roll too Republic to see the game from a different view,

Unfortunately she will NOT qualify for your promotion which is disappionting due to the fact she has been a loyal customer for the entire time.

Some people just don't understand that this is a saving move on bw side because they delayed rated warzones. First of all it took them more than a month longer to deploy 1.2 and it was unfinished. If they don't show a gesture of good will and give free time to the active players they risk losing most of them. Please understand, I am not hating or anything I am just giving facts. I was looking forward to playing full premade warzones with my friends. Unfortunately all of my friends quit because of the slow content update and also rated warzones aren't ready. Anyway, I love the game, thanks for the free time although if bw is going to delay 1.3 as they did with 1.2, we should be getting 3 months at least.

Since today's unscheduled maintenance tightens the time limit in which we, the low leveled ones, have to reach the goal of level 50/ legacy lvl 6, can something be done to compensate this? E.g. can the time change and make it 4-5 hours after the time already mentioned?

everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT

Since today's unscheduled maintenance tightens the time limit in which we, the low leveled ones, have to reach the goal of level 50/ legacy lvl 6, can something be done to compensate this? E.g. can the time change and make it 4-5 hours after the time already mentioned?

Indeed they are making it harder by taking time away, I was full of hope to be playing for most of the day but no, now i shall only get in about 3 or 4 hours not the 8 i was hoping for.

Oh well :rolleyes:

Yep, comes across as very intentional to hinder those that have not reached the stage to qualify, especially for Asia-Pacific players where is it peak play time during this maintenance outage.

Indeed they are making it harder by taking time away, I was full of hope to be playing for most of the day but no, now i shall only get in about 3 or 4 hours not the 8 i was hoping for.

Oh well :rolleyes:

Not quite correct, on 2 points.

1. 83 DNA samples for the L50 crystal. 75 for the L31 version. Pre-order crystals only came in one flavor initially - very low level.

2. Having seen the Razer Pre-Ord crystal side by side, the event crystal still appears to be a lot brighter of color. Given that I can spot it fairly well on an LCD with less color definition than my old CRTs, this ain't all bad.

Given the costs of Razer items, though, I wouldn't have minded if it was identical.

Now.. where to get that slick looking black-orange I saw a Juggy running with..

True. Although, I was trying to make a point: that being that they are giving all crystals to the general population; crystals that were originally obtainable from certain tiers or quests/miscellaneous. Pretty much every color has been given with 2 notable exceptions:

-Pre-order crystal, which I was told it still sells from that Fleet Vendor ONLY to pre-orders = the famous named "black gold", or "black yellow"

-Razer exclusive = which, although different in nuance, it is the same color and not so easy to spot from the distance, or without careful analysis. Different? Yes. But I find rather odd the color choice. Could have been one unique color too. Which makes me suspect that a later date might open up the pre-order to the general population too.

[My case: I have never seen a Razer crystal prior to this event, so I have no way of knowing which is which. I only knew that is green with a black core and only saw how it really looks on this comparison pic posted in its topic. It still doesn`t mean enough to me as to memorize the "glow", but it does to others. I am supposed to be jealous about their unique-ness, when I see that saber. I can`t be, because I don`t see the difference. Not because I am blind or it`s a +1 on RGB scale. It`s because of the actual color... ]

Thank you for correction though.

Edited by Styxx

I'll be honest...I don't know how to 'fix" this...maybe just give everyone whos lvl 50 OR been with game for 2months...maybe given them 2 weeks...or 1 week free. I understand the PR idea here...but it's the execution & details that I'm having a problem swallowing.

I hate to say it but my renewal is the 22nd....and if nothing changes I encourage active players like myself who aren't interested in leveling toons to get this promo....I encourage you to gift yourself a month free of SWTOR. Personally I won't be able to play knowing 200people in my guild are all playing on free time,simple becus we have different styles of MMO, while I'm paying.

Call it a 6 month anniversary promotion...1 week for everyone whos been in-game longer then 2 weeks.\

update: I've cancelled. I really enjoy the game but this is like finding the guy next to you at the plant who does the same thing as you gets more money...when you have the same experience and started the same day. I'll decide in June if I'm coming back....sorry Bioware..all you had to do was listen and act on the constructive feedback.

Edited by Pytr

The question that begs to be asked is.....

What the hell are you going to do with 30 days free?

I didn't unsubscribe from the game because I didn't receive 30 days free but due to the following:

a) Dead Servers

b) Nothing to do

c) No API

d) No macro system(don't even say "automation" because you'll be branded an idiot immediately.

e) No LFG

f) No LFR

d) Boring PVP, dead world PVP.

e) Waiting for practically hours to get in a single instance

f) Mindless grinding/crafting/exploring

g) Bugs up the yin-yang

...I mean, it'll be yet another 30 days of mindless running around doing the same nonchalant things. After leveling 2 toons to 50..I refuse to go to dead zones like Voss...Belsalvis...Hoth..Tatooine. They have like 10 ppl each.

So much hate, so much suffering. I wonder if this whole thing was BioWare's intention?

This whole thing has created hate among the players toward each other even within each faction. No surprise anyone can't find a group anymore.

Since this whole thing has started I have noticed that the people that have gotten this promotion do nothing but stir up the hate even more.

I've also started inspecting these people that will received the promotion to look at what they've crafted.

Crafting multiple skills takes time and will omit a lot from the promotion. Crafting more than one skill contributes to the in-game economy and makes fun for all. It gives the other players what they might not be able to craft themselves. Win/win for everyone.

From what I've seen, these LVL 50's almost always have Biochem or Slicing as their craft and the ones that don't, don't have any pink in their list. Showing that they too are just blowing through the game.

This also tells me that they have only focused on making these "in game steroid like enhancers" for PvP. Slicing is for people to make as many creds as fast as possible and shows it's only for themselves. Nothing wrong with either... for a single player game. It does nothing to support the in game community, economy and doesn't make the game enjoyable for everyone that takes their time to enjoy what this game had to offer.

BioWare chose to reward these people that did nothing to make this game what it should have been.

That is the most disturbing part for me.

I will play to see what this patch did last night and if it is not significant then I will cancel my account as well.

Ive played the beta, 6 month sub, played pre-launch, made several characters on different servers to find the right one, took my time enjoying the game crafting with 5 characters. I know I will not qualify and I will not rush my style. My choice, my fault. At least I can say I contributed to making this game fun for all while I was here.

My reason for leaving is that there has been no communication between this company and the players about what is going on and that they are festering the hate between players. It's sickening. For this, I will not support a company this stupid.

Enjoy the mess you created BioWare and all the hateful people that are rubbing this promotion into the true player's faces. It's obvious who you want to play this game.