Another server rollback on Harbinger??!!!!!

Samoth_Nomad

one fix is to roll back to yesterday save server and give every one a day of double exp but thats not going to make every one feel better about the lost

It doesn't help the fact that I lost few Million Creds off a nice deal

And the MK-4 Item that I got from a Command Crate which I am pretty sure a quite rare drop considering the RNG

So I don't think a 2x exp thing is gonna cut it

But I think this would be a good time to re-start the DvL event since that'll probably make everyone feel better

Just my opinion don't go around cursing my idea and if you have a better one please, post it here ;)

Still I am willing to Pay 1.5 MILLION Credits to active Subscribers in the Harbinger server who clicks my Referral Link Below :cool:

Also hope the server is up soon and lost items are restored

Good luck everyone :)

Edited by Kodithuwakku

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

The Harbinger is now back online. We will be investigating the cause of the issue and taking steps to avoid it in the future. If there is any further information I can provide, I will let you know!

Thanks,

Tait

still missing 3+ mil. and the items I sold.

Hey everyone,

The Harbinger is now back online. We will be investigating the cause of the issue and taking steps to avoid it in the future. If there is any further information I can provide, I will let you know!

Thanks,

Tait

so in other words, bioware does not care about us, the customers that pay you money, and all of our efforts are wasted and you are refusing to do anything about it, you just lost a customer

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Tait

How about this for "further information that you can provide": what are you going to do for your players who just lost half a day's progress, the command XP levels, the crate contents including gear, etc.?

What are you going to do to make this up to all the subscribers on Harbinger whose time was wasted because you rolled back your server and didn't have a backup of what had been happening since yesterday?

What are you going to do for your paying customers, Tait?

How about THAT further information?

I used to love this game so much, but I am just so sick to death of the apathy your public interface people show the people who keep you employed.

Edited by damonskye

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Tait

So you don't know why it went down but bought it back up.

Can we please be updated ASAP as to the cause? I would personally not want to suffer through another rollback because an as yet undetermined cause reoccurs.

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Tait

So what is your team doing to address what people lost?

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Tait

how about a master crate for a level 70 of my choosing that has all 7 pieces of their set bonus to replace everything lost including level 70s.

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Tait

So I can redo the redone content for the third time only to have more problems come up causing another rollback?

Pass.

Not bothering to log in today. Tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Edited by AngFour

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Tait

Just for the record... this isn't a new thing. This used to happen early in 4.0 and during 3.0 as well. Harbinger has more players than it really should and whenever it gets busy it crashes and seems roll itself back.

As people quit over the next couple months the issue will resolve itself. It would be nice if they fixed it now, but they didn't in the past... I wouldn't hold your breath this time either.

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Tait

You should at least come up with a compensation for your paying subscribers on the Harbinger. Every other MMO Developer would hand out free currency, a free sub week/sub time, or any other attempts at apologizing to the server community.

You should better consider that.

As people quit over the next couple months the issue will resolve itself. It would be nice if they fixed it now, but they didn't in the past... I wouldn't hold your breath this time either.

Sounds like a solid, successful business plan, right? "Well, people are quitting. That'll stabilize the servers! High fives all around!" *bro hugs, high fives, and chest bumps commence*

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Tait

why was it necessary to bring the server down if you weren't going to restore people's lost items, cartel coins, conquest points, GC status, xp etc? And when will you restore those?

Your post is not only lacking information, it's insulting.

Just for the record... this isn't a new thing. This used to happen early in 4.0 and during 3.0 as well. Harbinger has more players than it really should and whenever it gets busy it crashes and seems roll itself back.

Rollbacks usually are a safety mechanism in software when data gets corrupted. It might be that there is some memory leak causing corruption of data and forces the server to roll back.

Edited by Alloou

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Tait

Frankly Tait, that's just not good enough.

What went wrong? Why was it only certain people? what steps will be taken to make reparations to the players who lost up to or in excess of 12 hours of game time? Can we expect listed GTN items to be returned to the sellers?

Rollbacks usually are a safety mechanism in software when data gets corrupted. It might be that there is some memory leak causing corruption of data and forces the server to roll back.

Not a tech guy at all, so I have no idea why it happens or what caused it. I just can remember when it used to happen on harbinger and that it seems to happen when the servers are busy. It happened in 3.0 and 4.0 before everyone quit. It stopped happening after that and it's happening again now that lots of people are back.

Could be purely coincidence. I don't have any expertise here, but it's a pretty obvious correlation. I just wanted to point out this wasn't a new problem for Harbinger. It hasn't happened in awhile, but this isn't new.