7/14 Warzone Playtest

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

Let's get together for our next focused PTS playtest session. To amp things up a bit from our first session, we invite you to tag along with some influencers during each session! Play if you can, but if you can't they will be streaming throughout each session with giveaways!

Here are the details:

• When: Session 1 - Saturday, 7/14 from 8AM PDT - 10AM PDT

[*]When: Session 2 - Saturday, 7/14 from 3PM PDT - 5PM PDT

[*]What: Queue for regular (unranked) Warzones

[*]Character: Any character level 10+, any spec, any Faction

Like last time, some folks from the dev team will be playing incognito as well throughout the tests. Be sure to record any and all feedback you have in the Warzone Changes and Matchmaking Changes threads. We look forward to seeing your feedback. You can learn more about the PTS here.

Thanks!

-eric

For the European Players:

Session 1: Saturday: 17:00-19:00

Session 2: Sunday: 00:00-02:30

This Time is in 24h time format.

And for my fellow Brits:

Session 1: 16:00-18:00 BST

Session 2: 23:00-00:00 BST

I was too lazy to think 1 hr behind mainland Europe. I had to look it up :D I'm guessing there are so many time zones for the various player countries, many will end up checking like I did.

So it was a fun session, yet I fail to see that there was anything done to the matchmaking. I was doing regs on Live and then swapped to PTS, without seeing any change. Sure we were cross faction, but still many healers and many tanks.

I guess this could be due to the low population but still, wasn't very encouraging.

So it was a fun session, yet I fail to see that there was anything done to the matchmaking. I was doing regs on Live and then swapped to PTS, without seeing any change. Sure we were cross faction, but still many healers and many tanks.

I guess this could be due to the low population but still, wasn't very encouraging.

I think that those that heal are most attached to that character. i copied my tank over for tonight's session. There were a -lot- of sorcs/sages.

Well, that was decent fun! Can't really comment too much on the gameplay changes as I didn't see a lot of them in action (e.g. I got one Queshball but nobody ever seemed to explode while carrying the ball. I once got randomly teleported down two floors while walking towards the goal line though, that was weird).

Cross-faction seemed to work as intended, though not all the assets seemed to be updated properly. We noticed that in Civil War for example both factions started from an unholy amalgamation of both the Republic and the Imperial ship.

Also, can we please pick a colour for the updated scoreboards? I don't mind if the teams are purple and yellow or green and red, but all four colours mixed together make for a serious eyesore. :p

The role matching unfortunately didn't seem to be quite there yet. The very first 8v8 that popped for us was a Yavin Ruins where our team had four healers while the enemy had two. At the very least it should have been split into three per team, not to mention that the changes as posted shouldn't have let that many healers into a warzone to begin with.

Also, can we please pick a colour for the updated scoreboards? I don't mind if the teams are purple and yellow or green and red, but all four colours mixed together make for a serious eyesore. :p

I will second that - it's horribly confusing. Just go with red and green for the team colours. We don't need purple/gold added into the mix.

I will second that - it's horribly confusing. Just go with red and green for the team colours. We don't need purple/gold added into the mix.

Especially when, in AHG, your bar and score color are gold, but your pylon color is purple. :p (I think that's already been reported as a bug, but I'll check and add it to the bug report section if not. Maybe wait until I see if I can get a screen shot later during the next play time. [Edit - oh good, already reported.] )

Edited by Banderal

This though my vote is to keep it green and red. Some of the maps the purple doesn't really stand out too well. unless they make it a brighter purple.

And tbh there were just waaaaay more healers in que then I ever see on live so yeah that couple have been some of the issue.

Edited by Ld-Siris