I probably won't ever play Carnage again.

Megatfx

Not godly... Great! Yes! But defintely not godly. Just wait until you run into some skilled Infiltration Shadow/Deception Assassins, they will mop the floor with you. Rage is superb at what it does best: AoE burst, with good sustained damage. But those stealth spec Shadow/Assasins also became a hard-counter to Rage/Focus with their buff in this patch. They a get 30% AoE DR stack with a 25% DR for a total 55% DR vs AoE plus their armor. Smash crits for like 2k against these guys. If you think Smash crits hard, wait until you get crited by Shock with 2x Voltais Slash buff AND follow up by Chain shock crit. Maul crits for 6k+ also on medium armor with Exploit Weakness buff on.

I don't think there is a god class in SWTOR anymore. Just more rock-scissor-paper. I think SWTOR is actually getting more balanced.

I just barely started to learn carnage, now rage is god mode?

I was resisting, trying to convince myself we needed the utility. I dumped my jugg months ago only to be tempted back in with this patch.

Time to get slammin.

The changes buffed both warrior archetypes, but the change to marauder's rage spec was far more dramatic such that marauders are probably the better rage spec now. You actually have so much rage because of berserk that using battering assault is generally redundant.

What build are you guys using.

I'm having a BALL on my mara right now with rage, but my build is pretty slapdash.

Huh? There's only room for like a two point variation in builds. Ergo you can't really slapdash it. I guess you could forego crush for deadly saber and a slow on cauterize since berserk supports most of your rage/shockwave needs on its own. They also get the 30% crit (bleeds = force damage) bonus if I'm not mistaken so it could be worthwhile.

Rage is for those that can not figure out how to be effective with Carnage.

Wrong, I could pretty much write a book on how to play Carnage and I've come pretty close with the threads I've posted in this forum. The damage output of Rage is twice as powerful as Carnage. I'm getting those 5k+ crits at the same rate if not faster, except now I'm getting it on 2-5 people. You're gimping your team playing anything but.

7k smash on 3 people. 21k damage.

Edited by Megatfx

Wrong, I could pretty much write a book on how to play Carnage and I've come pretty close with the threads I've posted in this forum. The damage output of Rage is twice as powerful as Carnage. I'm getting those 5k+ crits at the same rate if not faster, except now I'm getting it on 2-5 people. You're gimping your team playing anything but.

7k smash on 3 people. 21k damage.

Mega, what happend to "but carnage supports team play, and the roots from ravage/deadly are awesome when it comes to tunneling healers/pealing of yours?" Carnage still wins when it comes to that.

Rage is great fun, and sick dmg, i agree its output is way more then carnage and at a faster rate, i spanked a 19k healer yesterday with smash and vicous for 12k dmg in 2 secs. but i also noticed the good old "smash not applying" misses when knocked back, and i didnt see much difference in the smash dmg beeing applied, they said that they improved this?

question is, what is easier to counter, rage mara og carnage mara, with full resolve you can still be kited even with to "jumps" to target, with carnage you can at least root with deadly and play catch up !

Rage needed a "filler" buff, wich it got, you didnt have much between your smashes earlier, and the smashes are waay to predictable, and good player can dogde most of these. in rateds your gonna get knocked back, and pull out of mosh pits as a rage mara all the time.

with carnage you can buff up your 10% dmg with force and gore -> massacre, and even if you do get knocked back you can still force scream in mid air while flying backwards.

i don't know, felt like commenting, all threes specs are now very viable for pvp if you ask me, i run with anni and put out some really decent numbers, not beeing aoe specced !

I have to say, while I haven't gotten comfortable with the change to beserk, I think they over did the buff to rage. After rerolling on pot5 and hitting 50, I was able to get over 300k damage in full recruit gear and rarely drop below 250k. I can only image what a fully geared Marauder with a good healer could do. Well, probably the 955k that Mega screenshotted.

As has been said in another thread, my experience as a rage mara is basically force leap into crowd, stunned, smash, stunned, stunned, stunned, undying rage, med pack die.

I'm sure it's possible with pocket heals and a noob opposition to do huge figures but with realistic geared good opponents, it's a frustrating experience (IMO).

PVE oh the other hand, lol, oh my. So OP

Tried Rage spec tonight, and it's ridiculous for damage. I ran with a couple Rage spec Juggs and an Op healer for several warzone matches, and we just wrecked everything. 3 Synchro-Smashes going off can pretty much decimate at least half a team instantly. It could be easy to get addicted to this kind of damage output, which practically doubled what I can do with Carnage.

That said, I'm switching back. I find Rage to be boring and lacking in utility.

Tried Rage spec tonight, and it's ridiculous for damage. I ran with a couple Rage spec Juggs and an Op healer for several warzone matches, and we just wrecked everything. 3 Synchro-Smashes going off can pretty much decimate at least half a team instantly. It could be easy to get addicted to this kind of damage output, which practically doubled what I can do with Carnage.

That said, I'm switching back. I find Rage to be boring and lacking in utility.

Thats my main thing. The numbers that you'll put up will be insane, but your single target dps suffers. No matter what people say, Carnage is best for single target dps.

When you're running with 2-3 other Rage/Focus build teammates you can bomb the entire team, but that's not always the case and the lack of utility and survivability will become a factor when facing another organized team.

My personal view is that in Warzones people should be able to go man-to-man coverage. Meaning instead of focus firing a healer, you should have 1 person attack 1 person, so a single target dps focuses a designated healer. The majority of the time when that healer is NOT a hybrid Sage/Sorc a good dps will take them out. Hybrid is a wrecking ball in WZs right now and will be nerfed, because it causes a stunfest and builds no resolve.

When you have these ridiculous Juggs/Maras destroying things in WZs, it means that their healers are not being killed. A Rage/Focus spec player is dead meat unless they have a pocket healer, absolutely no utility whatsoever. So when you see these ridiculous Ragers demolishing WZs, it means that your team is not doing their job of eliminating that pocket healer, otherwise a Rager can almost always be taken down super fast. Instead you get clueless pugs that attack the first thing they see instead of the most dangerous/optimal foe on the field.

Now if only we could get improved Predation in the Rage tree......:D

I find carnage and Rage both equally dominating....even inclined to saying that Rage is more "devastating" however, the utility pred/roots are quite priceless...

Another note....Damn Mega, your name jsut clicked....totally remember you from the WoW days, good to seeya you in here doing some more instructional things. I would help, buuuuut im wayyy too lazy to be as thorough as you. Well done old friend...