People without pvp gear?

Patroller

I play imp side on harbinger and over the course of the past week, I've noticed a substantial increase in people without pvp gear. It's not just one person without pvp gear, its 2-4 people. Since it's regs, I don't really care, because that's how you get comms. The part that is bothering me is how none of them understand how to play their class. We have started to get steam rolled by pubs. I can guard a node on my decep sin and only fight 4 people the entire game, but at the end, I still have more dmg than anyone else on my team. Or my friend and I group up, I heal on my merc doing at least 3.6k hps and my friend doing at least 2.5k dps. He gets top dps, I get top heals, but then for dmg dealt, after my friend, it's the enemies entire team and then my team. I try to keep everyone on my team alive, but people don't seem to understand when to use dcd's or understand not to los your healer. Have others noticed this?

You know what happened?

* insta level 60 chars happened.

* F1 Rally leveling happened.

* Complete 20 WZ's for Companion happened.

* DvL Event with achievements tied to PvP happened.

:D

Edited by Gray

I play imp side on harbinger and over the course of the past week, I've noticed a substantial increase in people without pvp gear. It's not just one person without pvp gear, its 2-4 people. Since it's regs, I don't really care, because that's how you get comms. The part that is bothering me is how none of them understand how to play their class. We have started to get steam rolled by pubs. I can guard a node on my decep sin and only fight 4 people the entire game, but at the end, I still have more dmg than anyone else on my team. Or my friend and I group up, I heal on my merc doing at least 3.6k hps and my friend doing at least 2.5k dps. He gets top dps, I get top heals, but then for dmg dealt, after my friend, it's the enemies entire team and then my team. I try to keep everyone on my team alive, but people don't seem to understand when to use dcd's or understand not to los your healer. Have others noticed this?

I hope you let me into heaven when I die.

Honestly, I had seen some people with PVP gear and .. Who are you kidding ? I can count of fingers people who actually knew what they are doing with or without it.

Having PVP gear doesn't necessary means, you are a good pvp player. In fact, from what I had seen, quite few people doesn't know how to move, rotation or even awareness of what goals they have to accompolish to win a match (usually run solo like a hen without head, trying to score as much kills as possible, instead of doing something useful).

Edit: I am not imperial by the way.

Edited by Senteliks

You know what happened?

* Complete 20 WZ's for Companion happened.

* DvL Event with achievements tied to PvP happened.

:D

I play PvP for the above reasons, because I need to in order to achieve PvE goals. I hate PVP, I hate the PVP environment. Mostly because of loud, obnoxious, judgy PVP players. Even still, I know it's crucial to achieve/hold objectives in the PVP game rather than just run around like emo edgelords trying to kill/whomp everything. Thankfully, once I meet my goals, I won't bother with PVP anymore so no need for pvp gear.

I play PvP for the above reasons, because I need to in order to achieve PvE goals. I hate PVP, I hate the PVP environment. Mostly because of loud, obnoxious, judgy PVP players. Even still, I know it's crucial to achieve/hold objectives in the PVP game rather than just run around like emo edgelords trying to kill/whomp everything. Thankfully, once I meet my goals, I won't bother with PVP anymore so no need for pvp gear.

When I joine a heroic group for lvling, I get kicked from the group because I'm not high enough lvl that I

Suppose It's detrimental to others in the group even though I'm capable. If I join a raid group to level up I'll

Get questioned on my gear even tho it bolsters fine. I dont require any loot because I probably won't pve on that toon again.

The difference is, in pve you can remove a player if the majority isn't happy with them and in pvp you cannot.

So

Really pvp'ers are the most tolerant players ingame if you think about it ;)

And yet here you are, posting on our forum, casting your 'holier than thou' shadow and wondering why pvp'ers hate you.

I have more of an issue with the valor 40+ d-bags that don't have max gear than I do with the low valor guys trying to get some gear. If you are valor 20 or higher, you have made enough comms to max gear. Anything over that is either lazy or ignorant or both.

And yet here you are, posting on our forum, casting your 'holier than thou' shadow and wondering why pvp'ers hate you.

I have more of an issue with the valor 40+ d-bags that don't have max gear than I do with the low valor guys trying to get some gear. If you are valor 20 or higher, you have made enough comms to max gear. Anything over that is either lazy or ignorant or both.

Actually blame BW. If they hadn't made pvp a requirement for certain things in the Dark and light event I doubt you would have seen that many playing pvp that didn't really want to.

Why bother? I do them for xp for lowbies or cash (especially the daily/weekly). As was pointed out to me the set bonus is worthless so why get the gear, especially when class imbalance and unpunished hackers have made it a joke? My only wish is that players could choose warzones- I want arena fights that are over in 5 minutes, not Huttball or Voidstar that are 15 minutes of tedium. Might have to try solo queue for ranked since it looks like it's all arena all the time.

Yeah 1 of many things BW took away was the recruit gear you used to get at level 50, would be helpful, until you get gear

When people play without pvp gear or even acceptable pve gear, just direct them to my gearing thread that's in my signature.

It's much easier than arguing with them all the time.

The people in question don't care. They don't care if they are ruining everyone else's time, they don't care that they are terrible, they just don't care.

I point people in wz's to your thread and 100% of the time the response I get is: I don't care. Then they do 80k damage in a full wz, die 14 times, and single handedly win the match for the other team.

I have a confession to make. I *once* went into a WZ reg match, 65, with full-pve gear. True story and confession. I can't even say that it was a newbies mistake cause the Alliance map was out. Couldn't figure out why I was dying so fast. Thought maybe I was getting extra-extra targeted that map because I play heals. We did win the map but afterwards I thought, maybe I didn't have either both relics in or both implants. Sometimes on the switch, it can be a double click mistake or a dragging over mistake. You take on, and take off or didn't put on.

So I looked, and my expertise was zero.

Ummm.... yah. But I swear it was only once! :o

These days I switch my gear look when I pvp, so I don't make the mistake again. Sorry team! (We did win though)

The people in question don't care. They don't care if they are ruining everyone else's time, they don't care that they are terrible, they just don't care.

I point people in wz's to your thread and 100% of the time the response I get is: I don't care. Then they do 80k damage in a full wz, die 14 times, and single handedly win the match for the other team.

Doesn't hurt to try. Maybe you'll get 1 out of 3 that will listen. I find a lot of it comes from what and how you say it. If you rage or are rude, they won't listen. "You catch more bees with honey" ;)

I also try to PM them so that they don't feel embarrassed.

But you'll still get idiots who won't listen or are rude or just don't care. I just leave matches at the start if they keep popping into my teams. People who cause you to lose match after match because they are douche bags, can play by themselves. I always point out to the team why I am leaving. Lots of them leave too. I also say to those douche bags that people will end up refusing to play with them till they listen.

I've actually found that approach work a few times. There was a particular guild who kept queuing without gearing and not listening to anyone. I think in the end, everyone just left if they popped with them. They complained on the fleet and everyone told them to gear or they wouldn't play with them. After that they geared. But the dumbest thing about it was that they were returning players from an old pvp guild from 2 years ago. They still thought they were "elite" and didn't need to listen to anyone. It was their attitude elitist attitude that was the issue. And the funniest thing was even after they geared, they weren't very good, lol... not sure where their elitist attitude came from.. it certainly wasn't because they could play ;)

edit - I'm reading Icykill_'s linked page which helps...

Okay, i'm a newb to PvP. I read the main PvP sticky, and this one and I have a few questions. I'm not expecting to be a good PvP'er but I'd like to at least help make battles fun and balanced!

One of the comments I read was kinda stop making newb's feel like they don't belong in PvP/space PvP. I'd like to second this. For newbs, it's so frustrating to keep dying every two seconds, or to be hit by stealthy kills, you peeps likely can't imagine how disheartening it is. You're good, you're busy getting disheartened by us being naff! But if you want PvP to continue, kinda go nice on newbs. one or two might actually have skills that needs nurturing by experienced pro's! Also, I get that experienced gamers get the anacronyms of armour etc, but not everyone does. This just makes newbs feel like they don't understand, therefore belong in PvP? New players to SWTOR doesn't mean they will be naff at gaming or PvP.

Why is the imp factions so much better than Pub's? just curious. most games I've played imps win. can't just be me playing!

That being said, onto the warzone commendations. I'm level a 65 jedi. I keep reading that I should be wearing normal 190 armour, (I assume that this is standard PvE armour that I'd have worn when I was level 30 or whatever. another article starts off saying I should get 208 warzone armour off the fleet vendor. I've got two 208 Pvp items so far, (a relic and bracers). Should I ditch those and buy 190 PvE gear?

I'm not planning on having an alt character so I assume that as I mainly PvE I'm going to have to switch armour in and out each time I PvP? Is there no one-click button to switch from PvE to your saved PvP armour? If not, shouldn't this be added to the game? Not everyone wants to have two alts! I've spent like 5 years with mine!

Edited by everclearisalive

Valor 20 takes like 10 warzones. What are you on about?

Okay, i'm a newb to PvP. I read the main PvP sticky, and this one and I have a few questions. I'm not expecting to be a good PvP'er but I'd like to at least help make battles fun and balanced!

One of the comments I read was kinda stop making newb's feel like they don't belong in PvP/space PvP. I'd like to second this. For newbs, it's so frustrating to keep dying every two seconds, or to be hit by stealthy kills, you peeps likely can't imagine how disheartening it is. You're good, you're busy getting disheartened by us being naff! But if you want PvP to continue, kinda go nice on newbs. one or two might actually have skills that needs nurturing by experienced pro's! Also, I get that experienced gamers get the anacronyms of armour etc, but not everyone does. This just makes newbs feel like they don't understand, therefore belong in PvP? New players to SWTOR doesn't mean they will be naff at gaming or PvP.

Why is the imp factions so much better than Pub's? just curious. most games I've played imps win. can't just be me playing!

That being said, onto the warzone commendations. I'm level a 65 jedi. I keep reading that I should be wearing normal 190 armour, (I assume that this is standard PvE armour that I'd have worn when I was level 30 or whatever. another article starts off saying I should get 208 warzone armour off the fleet vendor. I've got two 208 Pvp items so far, (a relic and bracers). Should I ditch those and buy 190 PvE gear?

I'm not planning on having an alt character so I assume that as I mainly PvE I'm going to have to switch armour in and out each time I PvP? Is there no one-click button to switch from PvE to your saved PvP armour? If not, shouldn't this be added to the game? Not everyone wants to have two alts! I've spent like 5 years with mine!

If you do not have PvP gear, replace the piece you are missing with 190 gear. The Bolster system will bring that up to something close to PvP grade. Not the best, but better. If you go over 190, you'll gain more stats, but you will lose expertise, which is more important.

If you've only started PvPing at lvl 65, you will find it hard to get used to it. There are 2 things you can do right now to make it easier on yourself.

1. Make a lowbie to farm coms. You can buy legacy bound tokens you can use to transfer WZ coms to your main.

2. Play one of every class until you have a general understanding of each class. It will help you to know not to waste your force/tech attacks on a shadow that's glowing white or not using melee/ranged attacks(white damage) on a smuggler's dodge. There are many situational abilities that will make or break a fight. You knowing all these abilities will make you a better PvPer beyond doubt.

Cry me an ocean will ya . .

Someone just started this thread to help explain some basics for newbies.. it's not bad.. there's more room to add stuff...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=849161

Also have a look at my post on this page about some more common tactics in Hypergates

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=849161&page=4

Imps aren't all better pvpers than reps.. it's just that there are a lot more of them.. if you were to base it on a percentage of those numbers, my experience is that reps have a higher percentage or good pvpers,, at least in objective pvp... most imps are terrible at objective pvp because they don't use their brains and just try to death match and play thug pvp... but that also means the imps are usually better at arena

With armor, just read the first page of my sticky guide. I've updated it recently.. posts after that are fairly old and can confuse people.

But basically, you wear green 190 pve gear until you get your pvp items. So as you obtain a pvp item, just swap it with the green 190 item. ie, if you have a green ear piece and get a pvp 208 piece, then swap it out.

As for swapping armor. If you do lots of pve, you will ultimately get pve items a lot higher than the 190 green items. This is where you will need 2 sets. One for pvp and one for pve. When you've eventually swapped out all your green items for pvp ones, this pvp armor set should always be used in pvp and your other high lvl pve set for pve.

I hope that answers your questions. If you have more, just ask. :)

If you do not have PvP gear, replace the piece you are missing with 190 gear. The Bolster system will bring that up to something close to PvP grade. Not the best, but better. If you go over 190, you'll gain more stats, but you will lose expertise, which is more important.

If you've only started PvPing at lvl 65, you will find it hard to get used to it. There are 2 things you can do right now to make it easier on yourself.

1. Make a lowbie to farm coms. You can buy legacy bound tokens you can use to transfer WZ coms to your main.

2. Play one of every class until you have a general understanding of each class. It will help you to know not to waste your force/tech attacks on a shadow that's glowing white or not using melee/ranged attacks(white damage) on a smuggler's dodge. There are many situational abilities that will make or break a fight. You knowing all these abilities will make you a better PvPer beyond doubt.

Don't ever go over 190 in gear... expertise is your main stat.. everyone needs to remember this.. it doesn't matter how good your other stats are if you lose expertise to gain them.

Only if you are higher than lvl 20. Valor tops out at the lvl you are. It can not go higher than your lvl until you get to 65 and then you start working on getting it to 100 Valor.

The cap is actually at 50, they haven't changed it since Vanilla. Once you're 50, your Valor is no longer capped.