Scoundrel healer and stuns

tyrningada

I’ve been playing scoundrel healer for some time now and what is really frustrating about it – compering to other healing classes – is that i always die white bared with full resolve. I am not wasting my CC breaker, using it only when i am really about to die, but with all the stuns in the game it’s not enough. Scoundrel healers don’t have scrapper/concealment “God Mode” roll and are very weak while stunned, they don’t have damage reduction while stunned - Unlike commandos , heroic utility 30%, but still it’s something. Sages also have that damage reduction, but who really uses it when you have 3 CC escapes ?

I am not sure how many of you tried to play scoundrel healer in solo ranked arenas, but what i think scoundrel/operative healer is the worst healing class for solo ranked games, worse even than commando, because mercs can net scoundrel and with 90% probability you’re already out of CC breaker what makes scoundrel healer completely defenceless.

Scoundrels have nice defensive utility in heroic area – Surprise Comeback that reduces damage taken for 20% and restoring 5% of total hp every 3 seconds when used with Pugnacity. With warzone adrenal it gives massive damage reduction. The problem is that you can’t do anything while stunned and 2 burst dps can easily kill scoundrel even in 4 seconds hard stun. Another problem with Pugnacity is that it’s also a burst healing ability. So if you have commando dps in team for solo ranked arena and enemy team focus him you have to waste one of your strongest DCD to increase your burst heal even when you are not focused. That is why i think Adrenaline Rush is much better skill for arenas - you can use it and it last 1 minute, will trigger even when stunned and doesn’t interfere with burst healing for commandos.

99% healers in solo ranked are sages and sorcs. This only shows how healers are balanced for PvP. So please nerf operatives and buff sorcs.

I completely agree about the vulnerability to stun. I understand why stun DR is not available through a utility (imagine Concealment and Scrapper with stun DR...) so I'd like to see a little stun DR passively in Medicine and Sawbones. It wouldn't even need to be the 30% you see in other specs.

That would not make the spec viable in solo ranked though. The lack of burst and interrupt immunity options make it decidedly worse than Corruption and Seer unless there are good tanks in your game to mitigate these weaknesses. And you cannot count on having a good tank in solo ranked.

Another problem with Pugnacity is that it’s also a burst healing ability. So if you have commando dps in team for solo ranked arena and enemy team focus him you have to waste one of your strongest DCD to increase your burst heal even when you are not focused.

This is something I complain about a lot. It really is exceptionally annoying.

Here's to hoping that the new utilities in 5.0 will make taking something other than Revitalizers/Suprise Comeback viable so Stim Boost and Pugnacity can just be a burst heal cool down and not simultaneously a defensive one.

Edited by yellow_

Literally everything I been saying forever. Preach.

With all the CC in the game we can easily be shut down by just mezing and interrupting us over and over again. We have no way to counter this. All our burst is tied into our cast heals now which makes it extremely hard to get them off with interrupts, hardstuns, mezes, push backs, leaps etc. I been in games where I been through 2 whitebar cycles without being able to get out a single cast heal on an ally. With no immunity to interrupts if a team wants to shut you down, you literally cannot burst heal anyone. No other healer has issue but Operatives.

Operatives have no stun damage reduction; we die in double hardstun rotations ALL THE TIME. We have literally nothing to counter this other then popping Shield Probe or Stim Boost DCD before it happens. Even for advanced players this is hard. If you predict wrong or don't have it up, your dead without a guard.

Stim boost DCD is such a good ability that we are forced to take it. I don't understand why the developers felt the need to throw it on our only Alacrity buff/Instant cast heal buff. Instead of picking when you want to use your DCD you have to use it in two very different situations; burst healing a target AND when you are being nuked. I always hated this and I wish they would have just gave us another ability instead of throwing it all together.

I understand that healers do need weaknesses. I just feel currently Operatives weaknesses are felt pretty heavily if teams know what they are doing. I think a lot of our issues could be solved by just giving us a passive stun reduction in our utility tree and/or an ability or utility that lets us have interrupt immunity for 10 seconds. But I guess ill keep dreaming.

I think base-class operative survivability, and medicine survivability in general is fine, but yeah, being susceptible to stuns and such is the main issue. We don't have a "press this to heal everyone for free :^)" button like sorcs and mercs. Additionally, despite healing primarily with HoTs, it's incredibly easy to shut down an op healer with just 1 stun and completely nuke someone before the op healer can recover and heal that person back up, since they have zero burst heals.

I don't heal on my op all that much, but I see the problems with the spec all the time when I fight op healers, and I have a lot of experience with op so I know what to look for and such. I think maybe adjusting our output to be similar to 2.0 op healing, and maybe giving Medicine either a stun DR or a passive that makes their next casted ability used within 10 seconds after being stunned only take half the time? Dunno.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

So many great players were unable to make operative healer work against the PvP gods this year (sorcs duh). How TF is it that only ONE operative healer in the game was able to beat sorcs? It must be possible to succeed with op healer, just extremely difficult.

EDIT: Are people back in the game? Is it worth reinstalling the game for PvP atm?

Edited by Fabzeros

So many great players were unable to make operative healer work against the PvP gods this year (sorcs duh). How TF is it that only ONE operative healer in the game was able to beat sorcs? It must be possible to succeed with op healer, just extremely difficult.

EDIT: Are people back in the game? Is it worth reinstalling the game for PvP atm?

i wouldn't say all healing ops..probably only healing ops i can think of that could keep up with a sorc is Scold..sadly he don't play anymore..

@yellow_ you are right, any additional damage reduction for scoundrels or the possibility to use any defensive cooldown while stunned would have to be passive skill in medicine/sawbones tree. Buffing Concealment operative with DR would definitely break the game, because it’s probably already the strongest 1 vs 1 class.

@Hottie I know the problem of popping Stim Boost DCD on arenas before i am stunned. For example I have 80% of my total hp and everything seems fine so i don’t use Stim Boost DCD, then one hard stun and two burst dps can lower my hp from 80% to 25% within 3 seconds. My character is still stunned for one more second. In that situation i always have dilemma. I can break and vanish, but since my resolve isn’t white any next hard stun will probably kill me. The second option is to wait and save CC breaker. That is however a great risk to take because i can die before stun wears off. You never have this problem if you play sage – Bubble, PW, CC break, no one can kill you.

To be honest concealment is just as vulberable... once stunned ur pretty much dead ...

I took out my oper for a match, and was surprised to see where had all the burst gone...im basically a node guard now

I beg to differ -

To be honest concealment is just as vulberable... once stunned ur pretty much dead ...

I took out my oper for a match, and was surprised to see where had all the burst gone...im basically a node guard now

Stop it. Concealment is the best 1v1 spec in the game bar none right now.

Course with 5.0 around the corner who knows what will be on top.

Stop it. Concealment is the best 1v1 spec in the game bar none right now.

Course with 5.0 around the corner who knows what will be on top.

Concealment would still be the best 1v1 in 5.0. 20~ second evasion + reflect and immunity roll every 10 seconds. It will still be the best by far.

Concealment is only "the best" when you have all the time in the world. Yes you can roll and heal and wear down an enemy, but it usually takes far too long and help will always arrive. I am not saying it's impossible, but a competent opponent will not go down fast.

On topic: for PvP to work at level 65, healers and tanks needs to be toned down, not up. Currently it's often a completely boring stalemate in both normal and ranked. Nerf concealment with 20-30%, Merc with 30-40% and sorc with 95%. Finally PvP at level 65 can be fun again as people can actually die. Yay.