question about A traitor among the chiss flashpoint

I'm in the middle of KOTET but I want to start farming 230 augments by running the "traitor among the chiss" flashpoint, will this mess up my story in anyway? I plan to run it using the activity finder or possibly solo. I was worried that it may autocomplete some decisions for me.

The repeatable solo or vet FP is different than the story FP. Same thing with Umbara and Nathema. The repeatable versions don't have the cutscenes and are not part of the story. So you can do them through group finder or solo through the activity window without affecting your story.

Just as @ceryxp said there are 2 versions of the FPS (actually 3). One is for the story, which contains the cutscenes and also some spoken text along the way and the other is without all this, just a typical FPS with mobs and boss fights, thats they one you want to do so that it doesnt spoil the story for you, cause it would be a BIG spoiler.

Just as @ceryxp said there are 2 versions of the FPS (actually 3). One is for the story, which contains the cutscenes and also some spoken text along the way and the other is without all this, just a typical FPS with mobs and boss fights, thats they one you want to do so that it doesnt spoil the story for you, cause it would be a BIG spoiler.

Arguably there are four versions:

* [sOLO] which each character can complete once and which advances the story. Only these three FPs (so far) have this mode.

* [sTORY] which each character can repeat as many times as you want, but despite its name does not advance the story.

* [VETERAN] which is the "tactical" (trinity allegedly optional(1)) group version. Includes "kolto stations" for healing.

* [MASTER] which is the trinity-required group version that's tuned higher still and has more mechanicky bosses and no kolto stations.

(1) That is, in theory they can be done with a group that doesn't conform to the holy trinity of two guitarists, one drummer and one bassist. Um. Two dps, one tank, one heal. In practice, non-trinity PUGs may have difficulty as these FPs are tuned higher than [VETERAN] on earlier FPs.

* [sOLO] which each character can complete once and which advances the story. Only these three FPs (so far) have this mode.

* [sTORY] which each character can repeat as many times as you want, but despite its name does not advance the story.

* [VETERAN] which is the "tactical" (trinity allegedly optional(1)) group version. Includes "kolto stations" for healing.

* [MASTER] which is the trinity-required group version that's tuned higher still and has more mechanicky bosses and no kolto stations.

(1) That is, in theory they can be done with a group that doesn't conform to the holy trinity of two guitarists, one drummer and one bassist. Um. Two dps, one tank, one heal. In practice, non-trinity PUGs may have difficulty as these FPs are tuned higher than [VETERAN] on earlier FPs.

Yeah I kinda messed up the math :D I only played the Story and Master versions for the achievements since they finaly made both the solo and veteran version count towards the achievement so I skipped Veteran which is messy most of the time.

Are you sure about the solo and story descriptions? I started solo last night, picking the fp under the solo tab in the activity finder, and I didn't have any cut-scenes or anything. Of course i only made it halfway through the fp before i had to logoff.

Are you sure about the solo and story descriptions? I started solo last night, picking the fp under the solo tab in the activity finder, and I didn't have any cut-scenes or anything. Of course i only made it halfway through the fp before i had to logoff.

It depends on the flashpoint. BW, as usual, have been inconsistent in this regard recently switching between calling the story mode, the version that progresses one's story and includes the cutscenes, both Story and Solo.

For those three, yes, I'm sure. [sOLO] is the one-player story-advancing mode, and [sTORY] is the one-player mode than doesn't advance the story. It caused some confusion when the Umbara flashpoint was released because all four were available from the terminal if you had the main story mission open.

The SOLO tab of the activity finder offers *only* [sTORY] versions.(1)

EDIT: Small explanation, I put the labels [sOLO], [sTORY] and so on in square brackets because that's how they appear in-game. And of course the labels are complete hash when you do the Star Fortress missions, because in fact both tiers of SF missions ([sTORY] and [VETERAN]) advance the (Star Fortress) story if you're doing the relevant bit of the story, and the mission text for destroying a Star Fortress asks you to run the [HEROIC 2+] version, which doesn't appear in-game by that name. (It's now called [VETERAN].)

(1) Look, I'm only the messenger here. I didn't name these things like this. Put the lightsabre away, please.

Edited by SteveTheCynic