Couple of curiosities

Sanctus_Michael

So, I've been trying to avoid bothering people here with posts and use Google and YouTube to find answers first.

Swtorista has been helpful, but I have a couple of questions I haven't been able to find.

1) Concerning Lana Beniko as a companion: I learned I first meet her during the Shadow of Reven series, but is she a "companion" at that time? Can I do some class mission and still have her accompany me? If not during the Reven series, then do I need to do KoTFE to get her as a companion able to accompany me on other missions unrealted to the "Knights" chapters?

2) Which expansions is it imperative class or story missions be completed first because some may auto complete the story?

1) Concerning Lana Beniko as a companion: I learned I first meet her during the Shadow of Reven series, but is she a "companion" at that time? Can I do some class mission and still have her accompany me? If not during the Reven series, then do I need to do KoTFE to get her as a companion able to accompany me on other missions unrealted to the "Knights" chapters?

Lana becomes a companion during Fallen Empire. During SoR she's just a character in the story. Because FE auto completes any unfinished story prior to FE you won't be able to use her during any class missions, but you can use her for other content. For example, FE doesn't auto complete Oricon so you could take Lana with you while you do the story, but she won't have any interaction.

2) Which expansions is it imperative class or story missions be completed first because some may auto complete the story?

Starting Fallen Empire will auto complete your class story, Makeb, and SoR if incomplete. Starting Eternal Throne will auto complete those plus Fallen Empire. You can replay FE chapters but your choices won't change what was auto selected, if you skipped, or the choices you made while playing. Skipping to Iokath doesn't auto complete FE or ET. Skipping to Ossus auto completes all of the above. If you want to romance Lana then don't skip anything, but it is imperative that you play through to chapter 9 of FE in order to lock in the romance.

Edited by ceryxp

Starting Fallen Empire will auto complete your class story, Makeb, and SoR if incomplete. Starting Eternal Throne will auto complete those plus Fallen Empire.

Unless something changed recently, nothing auto-completes Makeb. It should also be added that Forged Alliances/Prelude to Revan is among the stories that will be auto-completed.

As it was said Lana first becomes your companion when you start KOTFE when she...... oh spoilers :)

This means that starting KOTFE auto finished all that was till then (I also think its except stand alone stories like Oricon or Makeb). It definitely finishes class story and SoR because KOTFE and KOTET make references to those (I think even to Makeb).

So in total KOTFE, KOTET and Ossus finish the story before.

All the autocomplete paths complete the following:

* Class story

* Class companion stories

* Forged Alliances / Prelude to Revan *story*

* Shadow of Revan story (Rishi / Rishii Village / Yavin 4)

* Rise of the Emperor story (Ziost) ("during story" Ziost dailies are blocked by this)

The remaining autocompletes accumulate.

Starting KotET *also* completes first-play in KotFE.

Starting Jedi Under Siege (Ossus) *also* completes first-play in KotET and the [sOLO] (story-advancing) versions of the Traitor Arc flashpoints and (if applicable to your character) the Alliance Alert for a spoilerish person(1).

Choics, choices. Autocomplete obviously has to select things for various parts of the story, and the choices they make are:

* Given a choice between saving / letting live / not killing a former class companion and killing / letting die / not saving, all classes choose to save / let live / not kill. This overrides the rest.

* If there's a romance available, the character does not take it. If you want to bang Lana-the-companion, you have to play KotFE at least as far as the beginning of Chapter X.

* If there's a dark option available, Impsiders take it and Pubsiders do not, unless overridden by the companion thing.

* If there's a light option available, Pubsiders take it and Impsiders do not, unless overridden by the companion thing.

* One other exception to the light/dark thing: Everybody saves Theron at the end of the Nathema Conspiracy.

There's one other kind of autocomplete that can happen: If you have a resumable-by-alert romance with a class companion, and you leave that alert alone, and take the post-Ossus reunion with a different class companion, the old alert autocompletes with no romance. This affects only Inquisitors who (post-Ossus) flirt with Khem Val, and female Consulars who previously romanced Felix Iresso but decide that Nadia is really their thing.

(1) Box.

Arcann. Autocomplete does not romance him. Exceptionally, this autocomplete actually grants the rewards that you'd get from doing the alert.

1) Concerning Lana Beniko as a companion:

1.) Most of the "story" content in the later stages of the game - KOFE, KOET, Iokath, Ossus, etc - requires you to use a particular companion for story reasons. But, once you've done the story (and have Lana in your list**) and are into non-story content like Dailies, FPs, etc, Lana can accompany you as a regular companion.

** I don't recall exactly when Lana joins you as a companion, but once she does, you can use her like any other companion.

Edited by JediQuaker