Dantooine Stronghold

Kingrami

Make it!

It'll be a big add-on to this update and game. Let's make it happen Devs. We saw how quick you made the Rishi mountain housing area. It was a fast few weeks and it almost came out flawless. Let's be real here and just make this happen.

PS: Add in the Enclave. :)

"....back to your drinks."

I wouldn't consider Rishi flawless.

(1) There was no apartment there when it first was released on the PTS.

(2) There was a ton of junk on Rishi when it was released.

(3) Various other problems.

That is not my idea of flawless. (which means without any mistakes or shortcomings.) That was not Rishi when it was first released.

The reason it was changed was due to people in the forums telling them what was wrong and that time they listened to the feedback (that doesn't always happen)

Man they had room,they were just hiding it. Do you really think they can whip up something fast in a week or 2,but can't fking fix some simple bugs. Face it,they do alot of stuff,but then they give you like..let's be generous here...80% of finished product, while holding back on rest to sell you later. They just don't know at what price people will put up with it.

We can see Manaan has more rooms and finished area,but we only got 4. Do you really really think they were like..hey Rishi needs 1 more room...let's hunker down and do it in 1 week or 2 weeks. And hey let's even throw lights on/off inthere, but not in any other sh,even though we could.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they should rush it. Strongholds already have plenty of bugs that still need fixing. But I absolutely love the idea of a Dantooine Stronghold. Personally, I hope they go more with a farmstead-theme than a Jedi ruins, since we have a lot of ruins-themed SHs already.

I hope they get to Alderaan and maybe an orbital space station SH eventually too, but right now I'm rooting for Dantooine more than anything else. It's just too beautiful and nostalgic to pass up!

• 3 weeks later...
Man they had room,they were just hiding it. Do you really think they can whip up something fast in a week or 2,but can't fking fix some simple bugs. Face it,they do alot of stuff,but then they give you like..let's be generous here...80% of finished product, while holding back on rest to sell you later. They just don't know at what price people will put up with it.

We can see Manaan has more rooms and finished area,but we only got 4. Do you really really think they were like..hey Rishi needs 1 more room...let's hunker down and do it in 1 week or 2 weeks. And hey let's even throw lights on/off inthere, but not in any other sh,even though we could.

The Rishi Apt is just the basic layout of the cantinas on most planets. Looks like they just used the old code for that and decorated it bit differently. Re-using old assets, rather than made it from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...

I strongly dislike Rishi. All the mud and miasma and buzzing insect noises. Sure, it's much better than it was in beta. Like Manaan, it has some new features that are amazing. But for me, there are too many big patches of land without hooks, the water splash FX still haven't been fixed (IE: splashing on dry land), the walkway boards stick up through decos, the curved and broken walls don't work with most decos, and the Starship hooks are once again unreachable.

They keep talking about how they're listening to player feedback and forum posts more than ever. They certainly didn't listen to feedback about Manaan and Umbara when they built Rishi. I'd like to think they'll start listening now but...

STILL NO STRONGHOLDS FORUM ICON!

As for Dantooine, I like the idea of a stronghold there, but I'm a "first come, first served" kind of person. Many players have been asking for strongholds on Alderaan and other worlds. Just out of fairness, they ought to get theirs first.

Edited by Xina_LA

The Rishi Apt is just the basic layout of the cantinas on most planets. Looks like they just used the old code for that and decorated it bit differently. Re-using old assets, rather than made it from scratch.

Well, of course they have a long-standing tradition of that. How many different caves are there based on the same basic layout? (blah blah tunnel then big room with elevated ledge slope down nook (maybe a cranny) behind you slope up to some final piece. Heck, even the cave in Chapter XII where you make the +5 Assault Cannon of Arcann Slaying is that same layout, although they put some effort into hiding it.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Make it!

It'll be a big add-on to this update and game. Let's make it happen Devs. We saw how quick you made the Rishi mountain housing area. It was a fast few weeks and it almost came out flawless. Let's be real here and just make this happen.

PS: Add in the Enclave. :)

"....back to your drinks."

I think this would be a great idea. They could also make a "Old Masters" decoration set or even just a Vrook statue.

Ed Asner recently passed and I think a commemorative staue or holo of some sort would be fab.

So hopefully reawakening this thread will make it happen. Dantooine is one of my favorite location in KOTOR. Beautiful plains, the cozy homesteads with plenty of space still, the crystal caves, and the streams. Dantooine would be my ideal home location. maybe add a rooftop landing and a basement as well as a courtyard with a built in garden/fountain centerpiece. Ive heard that people want strongholds that are not so huge but still had plenty of space to work with and i think Dantooine would fit right into that area. not as big as Alderaan or Rishi but not as small as Courascant or spacedocks.

Anyways i hope to see it one day. It was the first thing i looked for when i thought about strongholds and was dissapointed it wasnt there.

Please create a Dantooine stronghold with a massive outdoor area that goes all the way around the stronghold (unlike Alderaan which has a front and back area that are separate), with Large hooks placed nearly everywhere, so we can finally use our Swoop Racing decorations to make our own courses. Thanks, devs!

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, I am all for a Dantooine stronghold. I know I've been away from the game for some time and only recently returned but one of my biggest desires was to always see more Strongholds and SH content of high quality get produced for the game. Still waiting for us to get something mountainside on Hoth too.