Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Onslaught, Which side ending is actual cannon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Onslaught, Which side ending is actual cannon?

Kogarvandalin
10.28.2019 , 09:44 AM | #1
I played through both the pub side and imperial side now for the loyalists options and both of them complete there goals. Getting the achievements for killing the high ranking people on both sides. But that doesn't seem to matter as the master jedi from under siege is alive despite me killing him.

Which side is actual cannon? Was the stations destroyed or saved?

Goreshaga
10.28.2019 , 10:27 AM | #2
I'd say, the canon one is the one you're playing at that moment, as they're pretty much opposite.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

TracyJackson
10.28.2019 , 10:47 AM | #3
There are no actual canon since Shadow of Revan expac imo. The story results for both factions are pretty much polar opposite since then. So whatever choices you personally made, is the "canon."
Tracyjackson // Republic // Vitae'mortis // Empire //
Jedi Guardian (75) Inquisitor Sorcerer (75)

Paulsutherland
10.28.2019 , 05:24 PM | #4
Whatever choices you made.

HollyUSEC
10.31.2019 , 05:31 PM | #5
During the original class stories, all eight "main characters--" the Jedi Knight, the Jedi Consular, the Trooper, the Smuggler, the Sith Warrior, the Sith Inquisitor, the Bounty Hunter and the Imperial Agent-- all conducted their class stories side by side, and some had minor impacts on others-- for example, all Republic toons find themselves dealing with a new Chancellor at the end, because of the Bounty Hunter's actions.

That all changed in KOTFE. Seven of those eight figures disappeared and were never heard from again; their fates entirely unknown. Whether they finally met their match in The Eternal Empire or simply escaped to live in retirement somewhere, is never said. Only one of those eight becomes The Outlander and then The Alliance Commander-- whichever one is you. If you're the Trooper, you'll eventually learn that SCORPIO and Kaliyo know each other, and Kaliyo might make brief mention of having worked with an Imperial spy, but that's all you ever hear.

There's only one Alliance Commander, and since the Alliance, in order to save itself, has to align with either the Republic or the Empire, whichever side you align with is the one that wins (unless you're a saboteur, in which case you secretly help the other side win). In essence, you write your own 'canon.'

Here's another sample of perspective: In the Meridian Complex Flashpoint story,
Spoiler
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

Iceslasher
11.01.2019 , 07:55 AM | #6
Matter of perspective, everyone is right....we knew as soon as we did Kotet and kotfe..it was generally geared to strictly force users ...( marr and satele encounter specifically agents, troopers etc don't and would never care about mastering the force) There were single chpts , almost like a bone for those of us who were not playing force users ( Jorgan,Kaliyo, and Torian ) which of course was ruined by the ability to kill them off -.-..anyways i digress.. Onslaught is Amazing and a what if perspective. If the outlander were imperial, with republic leanings or Republic etc. IT also doesn't force we the players into any mold of " you HAVE to play a force user or the story does not actually fit your character class". Its amazing so enjoy the ride because so far its really really good