Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

Individual

Umm illogical? You must love invisible people sapping you no matter how unskilled they are while laughing and then running away when its dr'd out and there is nothing I can do about it. Fun fun.

See: Stealth Classes

At least in wow there was some skill in setting up saps out of a cc chain but without that sap is just dumb and you are in denial or some low rated player who doesn't know what hes talking about.

Ok, I'm a multi-glad warrior from WoW. I'm wondering how you're drawing such a lofty comparisons when in reality, the same thing applies here - as in, if a group combat situation is engaged, the assassin can't just leave combat and sap a target amongst the group combat crowd.

See where this is going?:rak_03:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that in order to self heal or cap the stealthy must exit stealth thereby making your entire point about spam able mezz useless

Jesus these are the weakest arguments I've ever seen

And no, it doesn't matter that a sorc has to use force to self heal when he gets 500 force. And I've never heard of a merc filling his heat in a duel. The mechanics are exactly the same and in fact favor merc/sorc since they can heal on simple stuff like range or LOS whereas we get to do it once and only once and a breaker ruins that plan

On top of that our resources regen fast enough to be full after we seethe even if seething costed force. Your arguments are honestly so retarded its funny

But hey, feel free to continue ignoring reality and common sense and just QQ til your brain turns to jelly

please tell me you don't actually play a sin/shadow. let me dumb it down for you. 1 man guarding pylon. stealthy mezzes him and immediately begins to cap. mezz'd person has to use breaker cuz mezz time is 2s longer than it takes to cap a pylon. stealthy then has two options: combat stealth and remezz = win!) or whirlwind/force lift (usually if it's an instant). guard no longer has breaker. sin/shadow still may even retain his combat stealth. absolutely NOTHING guard could have done differently. (and yes, he called for help on the first stun, giving his team a max of 10s to get there in the largest wz in the game).

the pylon channel needs to be longer. there's already a distance gap to make up for the ease of defending a CW corner. the quick cap is a joke. the entire scenario is cheap.

as for the healing in a duel thing, if you can't dps down a sorc/merc with all the cc a sin has before he whittles you down to nothing, that's on you. really. that's a you issue. I'm not saying take away combat stealth. I'm saying it's a cheap trick in a duel and the pylons in ahg exacerbate the...cheapness. disagree with me all you want. it's an opinion. but don't pretend for a second that being a healing class with horrible dps who heals himself in a fight is remotely similar to a dps with...you know...good dps exiting combat, calling a forced time out, and then healing up with his ooch. cheap? yes/no. up to you. the same thing? now you're just trollin

Are you serious right now? Because the premise of my argument is SOLELY ABOUT 1V1 and fixing it wouldn't do anything negative to 3v3 or anything but yet you keep bringing up how it doesn't matter in team matches and it doesn't make any sense to me maybe you just aren't reading my posts through?

Are you serious right now? Because the premise of my argument is SOLELY ABOUT 1V1 and fixing it wouldn't do anything negative to 3v3 or anything but yet you keep bringing up how it doesn't matter in team matches and it doesn't make any sense to me maybe you just aren't reading my posts through?

I was at least giving you the benefit of the doubt but you're point is remaing being ticked off at Assassins 1v1. Which, by the way, is meaningless to any form of group PvP. According to this logic, Mercs need to be completely reworked.

Are you sure you attained high ratings in WoW?

I was at least giving you the benefit of the doubt but you're point is remaing being ticked off at Assassins 1v1. Which, by the way, is meaningless to any form of group PvP. According to this logic, Mercs need to be completely reworked.

There is no excuse for 1v1 being broken if fixing it would have zero consequences for team play seriously what are you not getting here? I hate rated battlegrounds as much as the next guy but I'll probably do them anyway seeing as how arena isn't coming any time soon and if a node is solo defended and they put an assassin on offense this will matter which they probably will at first because they will be expecting some idiot to stand on top of the node begging to be sap capped on. Avoidable but irritating, I generally hate stealth and especially sap mechanics balanced or not as they are just irritating but you should not be able to sap heal. I do not think you even said it was balanced for that matter, you just keep dodging the issue.

Are you sure you attained high ratings in WoW?

Pretty sure. Let me check. Yep.

The tears in this thread are delicious. Are people really talking about "honor" in a pointless, e-peen display known as SWTOR dueling? This isn't feudal Japan in the 1700's ffs!!! If you take a video game duel that seriously, might I suggest you find another, more productive hobby to fill your day with? Besides stroking your delicate ego, tell me what purpose a duel serves? What is gained in game as far as resources, gear, credits, anything, by winning a duel? Serious question.

There is no excuse for 1v1 being broken if fixing it would have zero consequences for team play seriously what are you not getting here? I hate rated battlegrounds as much as the next guy but I'll probably do them anyway seeing as how arena isn't coming any time soon and if a node is solo defended and they put an assassin on offense this will matter which they probably will at first because they will be expecting some idiot to stand on top of the node begging to be sap capped on. Avoidable but irritating, I generally hate stealth and especially sap mechanics balanced or not as they are just irritating but you should not be able to sap heal. I do not think you even said it was balanced for that matter, you just keep dodging the issue.

According to this post, you only care about 1v1s. Something this or no other game will ever be balanced around. Good luck with that philosophy. Also, do I think stealth+sap is fair? Absolutely. One of the more clutch things lying around this low-skill capped game.

Pretty sure. Let me check. Yep.

Armoury link please?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Abkhazia/statistic#21:152

I'd like to know what season glad warrior is from because if it isn't cata I don't care. I know enough glad wars stuck in sub 1500 bracket in s9. How is that even possible unless something was horribly broken? Being washed up is one thing... but just wow

I care as little about 1v1 as you but there is no excuse for something being broken in 1v1 if fixing it would have no effect on group environment either way... I don't see where the resistance is coming from.

Edited by Abkhazia

Same char name...

I care as little about 1v1 as you but there is no excuse for something being broken in 1v1 if fixing it would have no effect on group environment either way... I don't see where the resistance is coming from.

Because it's not broken. According to BW's philosophy on assassins, they SHOULD be exiting combat often to gain their advantage. THIS was the intention of BW.

Anyway, tata.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Abkhazia/statistic#21:152

It's because MMO PvP balance is not based around a stupid, fruitless time filler like a 1v1 duel. That's probably why. Why all the crying over duels? I don't see where the resistance is coming from.

Because it's not broken. According to BW's philosophy on assassins, they SHOULD be exiting combat often to gain their advantage. THIS was the intention of BW.

Anyway, tata.

Still need to play a little more but it seems to take a long time to get out of combat so sap isn't even viable in the middle of a group fight even with chain cc which makes it not a very good ability for you guys in group combat so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want it changed.

It's because MMO PvP balance is not based around a stupid, fruitless time filler like a 1v1 duel. That's probably why. Why all the crying over duels? I don't see where the resistance is coming from.

Because it leaves group pvp unchanged? Seriously is this even a question? Maybe if only 2 people are present sentinels should one shot the other person because it is 1v1 and who cares! It is an easy fix that has no bearing on group pvp either way. It would be fantastic if 1v1 is balanced but I actually care about 1v1 balance LESS THAN ANY OF YOU. GET IT. There just isn't a reason to ignore it on issues such as these. If you are an assassin you just don't want to be nerfed in 1v1 which is juicy irony.

Edited by Abkhazia

Still need to play a little more but it seems to take a long time to get out of combat so sap isn't even viable in the middle of a group fight even with chain cc which makes it not a very good ability for you guys in group combat so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want it changed.

Because it leaves group pvp unchanged? Seriously is this even a question? Maybe if only 2 people are present sentinels should one shot the other person because it is 1v1 and who cares! It is an easy fix that has no bearing on group pvp either way. It would be fantastic if 1v1 is balanced but I actually care about 1v1 balance LESS THAN ANY OF YOU. GET IT. There just isn't a reason to ignore it on issues such as these. If you are an assassin you just don't want to be nerfed in 1v1 which is juicy irony.

The irony is that you're crying about a pointless issue to progression in the game. The only time I am able to cloak--->mez---->seethe in a WZ, is when I catch a tard away from an objective by himself and in all honesty, that tard deserves to get ganked. He's being useless to his team at that moment. If you're one of those people, you deserve it too. You're asking for a fundamental mechanic of a class to be changed because it damages your ego. Since that clearly isn't your gripe... Cry more.

I never have a problem, just keep a dot on the target (in my case a grenade) for when they stealth out.

I remember about 6 months ago when they nerfed the **** out of the assassin/shadow class.... because it was broken. Kudos on those that stuck out the class and adapted to the class you enjoy.

I will say that i feel the class still has more utilities than it needs while being able to self heal and keep up sustained dmg. Just my 2 sents.

Pretty annoying and overpowered. Don't think Bioware thought this one through. A shadow or sin can be almost dead, pop their combat stealth, cc you while in stealth, then come out of stealth and use their out of combat heal to heal to full just about. Awesomeness. I really really wish Bioware would do something about it. Not to mention they have 4 CC abilities.

So you are saying you win the first fight they have to scurry off too fight again sounds like you are winning more than losing that fight apparently but you expect to win 100% of the time I guess then. I love watching the classes with direct heals heal from 10% to 100% while you are stunned they dont have to run off they just do it in front of you.

SO assassins have a Self Heal, Pull, Sprint, Invis, an Escape and a min long stun? that about right?

Yup, you guys are on par with every other class *snicker*

Yes watching green numbers a little over 200 is op heals vs 2000- 8000 damage numbers flying around at a faster rate is a nice off set.

SO assassins have a Self Heal, Pull, Sprint, Invis, an Escape and a min long stun? that about right?

Yup, you guys are on par with every other class *snicker*

Self heal: I assume you mean force lightning? Way up the tank tree

Pull: Way up the tank tree...not given to us like vanguards/ptechs

Sprint: Gap closer nothing to see here

Escape: Stealth class has a vanish? Okay

Min long stun: No lol

If i recall from the first month i played SWOTR ( I was an assassin cus i was a sheep) the self heal is an AoE drop that can hit several peeps, still pretty OP for a tank to have a self heal like that.

And also invis

And also escape

And also a pull

And also a sprint

And also a minute long stun

And also a killing blow (hella dmg below 30%)

And also ...... oh whatever, you guys have to wear dresses! hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehee