Vengeance Juggernaut vs Deception Assassin endgame PvE

TrumpetNut

Guys I'm in a dilemma. I have both an assassin and a juggernaut leveled to 70 with 234-236 gear. I want to get a sense of completion on one character as in doing all story, endgame raids, 246 gear, etc. but because it takes so long I really want to just focus on a single toon. I can't decide between my sin or jugg.

I like the stealth and burst damage of the sin as well as the fun animations and stuff but the things about the juggernaut I appreciate are 1.) Feels less squishy due to enraged defense even though im aware sin has more dcds 2.) Some reason feels like the cool class in a way 3.) Voice actor and look I like more on jugg...

So i'm sorta stuck. What are your thoughts? I would appreciate just hearing what others have to say about how they stack up to eachother in many ways?

If you're wanting solid raid DPS, veng juggy will give you competitive DPS with an easy rotation and built in AoE. Dec is viable though so if you're leaning towards it, there's no reason not to play it. And I'll say dec sin is probably the most fun melee spec to play in flashpoints with the non stop autocrits and strides.

If you're wanting solid raid DPS, veng juggy will give you competitive DPS with an easy rotation and built in AoE. Dec is viable though so if you're leaning towards it, there's no reason not to play it. And I'll say dec sin is probably the most fun melee spec to play in flashpoints with the non stop autocrits and strides.

I only run with deception for more than pve story, my juggs are story-only, but I find that deception is fine for most endgame content. It's lacking in aoe dps, but single-target dps is fine.

Then there's all the benfits of playing a stealth class. You can sap enemies to avoid fights in flashpoints, just sneak by enemies instead of trying to platform around them, combat stealth to avoid repair bills when your raid group is about to wipe, and stealth revive (although those are hard to pull off).

Veng jugg single target dps is really weak compared to decep btw

Veng jugg single target dps is really weak compared to decep btw

o.0 No it isn't. Veng ST is a little higher on dummies, and if you look at any single target boss fights veng jugg top parses are often 1k+ more than dec (excluding saber reflect cheese parses of course) and the average parses trend higher as well.

Edited by RiChess

o.0 No it isn't. Veng ST is a little higher on dummies, and if you look at any single target boss fights veng jugg top parses are often 1k+ more than dec (excluding saber reflect cheese parses of course) and the average parses trend higher as well.

Not true at all...

Parsley can’t really be used as a realible source of evidence for parses in fights due to many of the top players not uploading their parses. I know that I will only upload my parse if it’s a godly parse.

But back to the topic from my experience I’ve found that generally I will outperform most Jugg players on ever challenge dps window, and single target dps races. Obviously Veng will do better when it has something to reflect or when it can aoe fluff which in almost every fight there is. The only times a Jugg player will outperform a decep of equal skill is if there if reflect or aoe invloved.

But yeah long story short please don’t become another Jugg one trick pony like ever dps and their mum on SF, learn to play IO or Viru or any of the mara specs along with jugg

Not true at all...

Parsley can’t really be used as a realible source of evidence for parses in fights due to many of the top players not uploading their parses. I know that I will only upload my parse if it’s a godly parse.

But back to the topic from my experience I’ve found that generally I will outperform most Jugg players on ever challenge dps window, and single target dps races. Obviously Veng will do better when it has something to reflect or when it can aoe fluff which in almost every fight there is. The only times a Jugg player will outperform a decep of equal skill is if there if reflect or aoe invloved.

But yeah long story short please don’t become another Jugg one trick pony like ever dps and their mum on SF, learn to play IO or Viru or any of the mara specs along with jugg

Parsely isn't the end all be all, but essentially what you're saying is, "ignore what hard data we have in favor of my opinion". You can't dismiss veng consistently outperforming dec on parsley because it doesn't suit you. And of course you're going to beat juggs (and most specs) in a burst window assuming you've saved cooldowns.... dec is a front loaded burst spec. It's no reason to claim veng jugg dps is "really weak compared to decep". It simply isn't.

I have a 248 jugg and sin that I play/raid on regularly. I'm not just talking out my ***. :)

Edited by RiChess

To me anyway deception vs vigi is a matter of dot v burst. Vigi will do better sustained dps, but lack in burst due to the ramp up time. Deception has good intial burst, but lacks in sustained overall damage. It would honestly make more sense to compare serenity to vigi and infiltration to focus, but then, most guardians run vigi and shadows run infiltration.

Not true at all...

No idea what game you play, but Veng outperforms decep by far. Even serenity/hatred will parse higher at single target in every fight that lasts longer than 1min, if the players know how to maximize their uptime.

And its totaly logical that dot/sustained damage should parse higher than burst the longer the fight. Veng > Rage, I/O > Arsenal, Madness > Lightning, Hatred > Deception and so on. Only fury mara is kinda broken since its on par with anni right now.

No idea what game you play, but Veng outperforms decep by far. Even serenity/hatred will parse higher at single target in every fight that lasts longer than 1min, if the players know how to maximize their uptime.

And its totaly logical that dot/sustained damage should parse higher than burst the longer the fight. Veng > Rage, I/O > Arsenal, Madness > Lightning, Hatred > Deception and so on. Only fury mara is kinda broken since its on par with anni right now.

you all realizes that maxitrac speaks of a "dps challenge window". the only "window" veng jugg wins is council styrak/brontes phase due to dotspread.

but in general you cant compare a aoe dot class vs a single target burst class as someone mentioned before.

if you compare sin dps to jugg dps in general deception/hatred will offer you a better set for endgame pve than veng/rage.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, ST burst DD (Dec Sin) vs DOT AOE DD (Ven Jugg)...

Anyway, if you are planning to run ONLY group based PVE then Jugg - they have better ST DPS

But if not, then Sin - their stealth is VERY handy in the everyday PVE content, like dailies etc

But, not Deception - ST Burst DDs are ok for PvP, not PvE

For PvE I'll recommend to go for DOT spec - Hatered, it has simple rotation and pretty close to Jugg's DPS, also capable to deal good AOE damage.