Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Bounty hunters getting a nerf"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
"Bounty hunters getting a nerf"

exphryl
03.05.2012 , 02:14 PM | #31
If it's a damage nerf, what is done to fix survivability?

Because right now, even with the "OMG I WAS 10 BILLION DAMAGE SHOT" Tracer Missle, mercs are one of the squishiest (and oddly Pyros....BH DPS specs as a whole) classes out there.

Low Damage + Low Survivability = ...fun?
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|

GeoLager
03.05.2012 , 02:15 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by BendakStarkiller View Post
Because being squishy obviously has nothing to do with group pvp.

A good PT is more squishy than a merc, unless the merc is full arsen, then its about the same.

My burns are instantly reapplied every 3 seconds, have fun spamming cleanse.

You have a 1 second window for burst....cool story bro.

Burning is applied->burning is cleansed->you have no burst but your opponent does->rinse and repeat until you blow your shield and running around not knowing what to do like all Pts do when they run into someone competent.

You can go back to bragging how you pwn garbage marauders but here is a hint, everyone beats up garbage marauders.

BendakStarkiller
03.05.2012 , 02:40 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
You have a 1 second window for burst....cool story bro.

Burning is applied->burning is cleansed->you have no burst but your opponent does->rinse and repeat until you blow your shield and running around not knowing what to do like all Pts do when they run into someone competent.

You can go back to bragging how you pwn garbage marauders but here is a hint, everyone beats up garbage marauders.
Your mad now aren't you bud?

Your clearly incompetent and you don't know a thing about PT's.(more specifically pyro)

Our burst damage is dependent on reapplying that burn, reapplying that burn refreshes our rail shot which enables us to burst.

While were applying the burn, were bursting.

Cleansing is useless against us and doesn't stop our burst.

I never once said I pwn marauders? Where, quote me.

Marauders and sins are the two classes that flat out beat Pyros.
Fresh peaches and slants of sunlight are commonly seen during times of flow.Flowing can occur in the bathtub and in the shower, and itís no mistake that water FLOWS. JOIN SARK today. Do it. (OCTWO DETWO)

GeoLager
03.05.2012 , 02:56 PM | #34
Your mad now aren't you bud?

Your clearly incompetent and you don't know a thing about PT's.(more specifically pyro)

Our burst damage is dependent on reapplying that burn, reapplying that burn refreshes our rail shot which enables us to burst.

While were applying the burn, were bursting.

Cleansing is useless against us and doesn't stop our burst.

I never once said I pwn marauders? Where, quote me.

Marauders and sins are the two classes that flat out beat Pyros.

Quoted for lulz because you just contradicted yourself.

And because I'm nice and you're slow I'll point it out....

You need a burning debuff up to burst. Cleansing removes the burning debuff. Ergo, with no burning debuff, you cannot burst because you have no access to railshot.

So I'll wait while you try and point out how spamming powershot to get burning to proc is somehow burst.

Tiek
03.05.2012 , 03:06 PM | #35

You need a burning debuff up to burst. Cleansing removes the burning debuff. Ergo, with no burning debuff, you cannot burst because you have no access to railshot.

So I'll wait while you try and point out how spamming powershot to get burning to proc is somehow burst.

i agree bounty hunters should be buffed rather than nerfed.

Enemyone
03.05.2012 , 03:10 PM | #36
who knows might be something stupid might be something huge, depending on what it is will determine if i stay with the game or not. i got sick of spending time with a useless toon in wow so if it happens here Guildwars here i come
YOU WILL JOIN US OR DIE
Long live the Shadow Corp

BendakStarkiller
03.05.2012 , 03:14 PM | #37

You just too sad, the point im making is that to avoid our burst you have to constantly spam your cleanse. You cant fully cleanse our burn, our skills are all instant and fast. We can burn then railshot before you can cleanse the burn.

And you no nothing about our burst...

We have 2 stuns which also allow railshots burst.

Also, PT's ( the class ive been talking about ) doesnt even have powershot.

Ergo, your bad.

+ We use flame burst, an instant, spammable ability with no cd to apply our burns.
Fresh peaches and slants of sunlight are commonly seen during times of flow.Flowing can occur in the bathtub and in the shower, and itís no mistake that water FLOWS. JOIN SARK today. Do it. (OCTWO DETWO)

GeoLager
03.05.2012 , 03:18 PM | #38
You just too sad, the point im making is that to avoid our burst you have to constantly spam your cleanse. You cant fully cleanse our burn, our skills are all instant and fast. We can burn then railshot before you can cleanse the burn.
You have 1 gcd window to get a railshot off before your burns are cleansed.

The cleanses are on a 4.5 second cooldown and get 2 of your burning debuffs. So while you are dicking around trying to get burning back up on someone and get a railshot off, they have 2 free gcds before a cleanse to apply burst to you.

exphryl
03.05.2012 , 03:20 PM | #39
PvP Panel of guild summit starting soon so guess we'll get more clarification =/
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|

BendakStarkiller
03.05.2012 , 03:22 PM | #40
You have 1 gcd window to get a railshot off before your burns are cleansed.

The cleanses are on a 4.5 second cooldown and get 2 of your burning debuffs. So while you are dicking around trying to get burning back up on someone and get a railshot off, they have 2 free gcds before a cleanse to apply burst to you.
My burning has a 100% chance to apply on an instant hit with no CD.

Right-o.

Like I said before, you should go read up on our basic skills like flame burst for instance before you pretend to know anything about this class.

Quote: Originally Posted by exphryl View Post
PvP Panel of guild summit starting soon so guess we'll get more clarification =/
Quick somebody ask this question!

Keeping my fingers crossed.