Companion Gifts

rovrnomy

Good afternoon, I have 2 epic gifts of rank 5 with the influence of "Large" for Doc:

[intricate Corellian Speeder Model]

[Drayen Hyperspace Smuggling Routes]

question: why does the first gift give 1000 influences, the second gift 266 influences? :confused:

Good afternoon, I have 2 epic gifts of rank 5 with the influence of "Large" for Doc:

question: why does the first gift give 1000 influences, the second gift 266 influences? :confused:

The Intricate Corellian Speeder Model is a Luxury gift. The Drayen Hyperspace Smuggling Routes is an Underworld Good gift. Doc loves Luxury gifts but only likes Underworld Good gifts. They both said they were large influence because of the rank and quality of the gift, but the one Doc loves received a 16x multiplier while the like only received a 4x multiplier. Reference the below page for which gifts your companion loves, which will give you the greatest influence gain per gift.

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/21/swtor-fallen-empire-companion-influences-guide/

It's really very simple: Any gift that gives more than about 150* influence will say it gives a "large" gain. Or to put it another way, when you look at a gift and it says it gives a "large" influence gain, all you can tell from that tooltip is it gives more than 150 points.

This never changes, no matter how high the companion's influence rank is, or how many points the gift is actually worth. Over 150 points is a "large" gain. The higher your companion's rank gets, the fewer points gifts are worth, so as a companion gains influence, a particular gift can go from giving a "large" gain, to "moderate", to "small".

* I've never bothered to pin it down, but I do know that gifts that give 133 points** are "moderate" gain, and ones that give 166 points** are "large" gain, so the cutoff is somewhere between those, or around 150.

** These numbers are from many times giving new companions stacks of Rank 1 "green" gifts from the vendor on fleet, to get them to influence rank 10. I have the full 30% legacy bonus so they give a "large" gain of 166 points until the companion hits influence rank 6, at which point they give only a "moderate" gain of 133 points. And later on, when I just throw random loot drop gifts at my companions, this still holds up. Any gift that gives more than 150 points is a "large" gain, less than that is "moderate". (And at some even lower number, the gain is "small"). I'm sure I could find the appropriate type / rank / color of gifts for one or more of my companions and pin it down more precisely, but for my purposes, 150 is close enough.