Me and Star Wars

Drogox

I am a 61 year old man and I thoroughly enjoy Star Wars.

I never cared much for George Lucas but he did create an awesome galaxy/universe far, far away.

I have played several Star Wars games and still do on Steam. Dark Forces 2, Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, (of which I am a member of a clan on). I still enjoy playing those games.

I have read many of the Star Wars novels, the last series I read was Legacy of the Jedi I think that was called. When the very first Star Wars movie hit theaters back in 1977, I was 20 years old and I instantly loved it.

Now I hear and have read RUMORS that SWTOR MAYBE and I stress MAYBE on its way out. I certainly hope not. I love this game in my spare time. I began playing last summer in June 2017 as a F2P player. Then a couple months later I became a subscriber and have been since. I wish I had started back in 2012 when it was first released but I was involved in another MMORG at that time. It has been online for 9 years now. In that time, IMO, they have changed the game for the worse. the mian reason is they added cheats to make it more of a challenge for all the crybabies who said it was too easy. UGH!!!!.

So last year I decided to quit it. Oh I had many friends on it that I miss, but I don't miss the game itself. Dare I say the name of that game? Sure why not? I'm sure some of you may know of it. It was/is called Wizard 101. K 'nuff about that junk.

I then decided to play this game. I had heard of it and wanted to give it a shot. Well here I am having a blast enjoying a great game that I HOPE stays around a long time.

Those of you who have helped me before to solve certain problems and play the game, to all of you I say MANY thanks. I'm sure I'll run into things that need a helping hand. I still haven't tried crafting yet, but eventually I might. In that other game I learned to craft pretty well but the way its done is a bit different. I never cared for PVP simply because the people who played that were arrogant, belligerent, obnoxious and thought they knew it all. Just spoiled kids really, so I stayed away from them. I enjoyed playing PVE way more. Doing quests/missions, leveling up, saving money to buy what my characters needed, etc.

As for the people on THIS game, I haven't seen anyone act like those kids did. Maybe there are more adults on here like myself. Oh there are some who poke fun at others in chat and I have also from time to time, but its all in FUN. And that's what this game is to me, 100% FUN. Oh there have been a couple times when I got a bit frustrated because I couldn't beat an enemy the first couple of times. But I just slow down and think of a way then it works. And I can move on.

I pride myself on 2 things: patience and understanding. At my age getting all angry and POed does me no good. I just stop and relax and think what I can do and do it.

Anyway ty all very much for reading this and I hope this game continues a lot longer. As long as it does, I will be here.

May the Force be with us all. Ok beam me up Scotty. lololol jk. :D:wea_03::rak_03: