So much for a helpful community...

Metaspark

Having trouble with the "The Defector" Jedi Knight story quest...so I join up with someone else who also seems to be having trouble so we can take care of this quest quickly.

So we kill Valis, and head back outside the story area, where as soon as the guy I helped leaves, he drops party and hops on his ship, leaving me to deal with my own quest myself

Feels bad, man...

I know that feel bro. Dont let this get you down on the community. I've put my faith on it before and have been rewarded.

Hell, I promised this guy 10k for coming along a flashpoint and helping him. Having given him no advance, I coulda ran. But im playing this game long term, and I'm sure ill be seeing him again. Even if it werent for all that, I'm not a dick, so I paid him.

You just got the short end of the stick. Sorry bro.

There are d-bags in every game, on every server. Join a guild. Add friendly people to your friends list - hell, try to convince someone you know to play the game with you. Playing with "randoms" is just that: Random. But don't worry, most of us know who the bad, self-absorbed players are: The ones complaining they can't get a group on fleet, while everyone lols at 'em. Without a cross-server lfg, people you group with are more easy to identify. There are a few well known jerks on my server, and most likely, they'll have to re-roll cuz most of the "decent" players won't go near 'em. Edited by BlueRazor

Adding to all this, I made an 8 man ops at level 32, killed the world boss on Taris, and the ONE GUY who died early on AND refused to respawn, respawned AFTER we had killed the boss and rolled on the item.

We called him out for his ****, and he totally justified the fact that he rolled greed on it. I told him he shouldn't have rolled, as he didnt earn it by fighting the boss.

Some people are *****, some ******es, some ignorant, and some all.

But most of the community has been swell.

But most of the community has been swell.

Where have you been looking i have been having people Ninja loot and randomly drop group all the time......(in the middle of flash points) or just face pulling because they think its funny...

There are d-bags in every game, on every server. Join a guild.

Guilds are mostly the d-bags grouped up......at least for the empire i just noticed you guys seem to all be republic so this is really starting to prove a point of which side has a better player base......

Where have you been looking i have been having people Ninja loot and randomly drop group all the time......(in the middle of flash points) or just face pulling because they think its funny...

Guilds are mostly the d-bags grouped up......at least for the empire i just noticed you guys seem to all be republic so this is really starting to prove a point of which side has a better player base......

D: I've found the opposite here, Empire seems to have some real jerks on my server. :[ But you get 'em everywhere. Republic seems pretty good so far.

It totally depends on which server you play.

On Hydian Way I found much friends to play with and they are always helpfull towards me and me towards them.

Join a fun and social guild if you feel that the community fails in your eyes.

Check the guild forums for guilds that are currently rercruiting on each server

May the Force be with you

Unfortunately I started on a crappy server in just about every aspect, but I'm too far along with my poor sentinel to just reroll somewhere else...

I really hope BW implements a server transfer system soon

you and me both good sir or Mam.....you and me both....Funny enough i am a Marauder :p

I find it more helpful to try and group with non-same class people to help out so this doesn't happen but yeah I get that you're more likley to find an ally with the SAME quest as you.

I had this happen on my Imperial Sith Inquis BUT the person I helped out, helped me also after we finished his quest, and then I went on to help another 3 people (lol - I just was in the area of the quest doing some other quests when they asked for help) - so I did that one quest about 6 times in the space of 2 hours LOL.

Not everyone is horrid. At least so far on the shadowlands server Ive found some nice people, but I could jsut have been lucky :)