Inheritance Weapon issue.

seanfechtelkotte

Can anyone explain to me what the point of this thing even is? I'm on my lvl 14 Shadow with the original double blade that they give you for picking shadow with a few purple mods sent over from my marauder. I bought the inheritance weapon then promptly sold it when I saw that the benefits it gave were so ridiculously miniscule that a different mod would make the difference, not to mention the fact that the only moddable thing on the weapon was the crystal. Are these things actually useful in any sense? Or are they just worthless?

Those are in game before full modable outfits hit everyone, in the begining we had to use non modable weapons/offhands/armors for many levels.

Now they are just trashable artifact.

BW have to just remove or redesign them in line with new system of full modable chars from level 1.

I'm a firm supporter of the idea that Legacy weapons should be moddable.

Not hating here, but unless they look amazing and or class representative in some way, they should just be removed. It would be one thing if they were moddable, legacy bound, and iconic. As it is, it's just a pain to even have them take up inventory space. Heck it's not even worth it to go to your capitol planet, buy it, and then wait 24 hours to finally sell it at 'decent' price to a vendor.

Not hating here, but unless they look amazing and or class representative in some way, they should just be removed. It would be one thing if they were moddable, legacy bound, and iconic. As it is, it's just a pain to even have them take up inventory space. Heck it's not even worth it to go to your capitol planet, buy it, and then wait 24 hours to finally sell it at 'decent' price to a vendor.

Just mail it to an alt. Mailing it ends the refund timer.

Birthright stuff is pretty potent for its level range.

I mean sure you can keep your modable gear uptodate with purple crafted components from mains but why... easier to slap an inheritance/birthright on it and it's good for half a dozen or more levels. Unless you got a fetish you gotta gear yourself BIS every time you ding.

Edited by aeterno

I mean sure you can keep your modable gear uptodate with purple crafted components from mains but why... easier to slap an inheritance/birthright on it and it's good for half a dozen or more levels. Unless you got a fetish you gotta gear yourself BIS every time you ding.

Or you already created character look and some little stat difference from 1 item for 2 - 3 levels that going to ruin it is not enough at all to use it.

It is easy to keep on track with planetary commendations...

Can anyone explain to me what the point of this thing even is? I'm on my lvl 14 Shadow with the original double blade that they give you for picking shadow with a few purple mods sent over from my marauder.

Not everything has to be of use to everyone. For those who cannot ship over purples from an alt using the same stats or craft purples or are just in a leveling rush the legacy weapons and armor are powerful enough to get them through 6-8 levels without gear change.

I collected the tokens and made full use of both the Inheritance and Birthright sets on my agent, mainly because the sets looked decent enough and offered worry-free leveling for a while. (If you go back to the vendor every 2 hours you can even recover/recycle the token set for the next alt(s).)

the only moddable thing on the weapon was the crystal.

Well, if the benefit of a legacy weapon with exchangeable crystal is lost to you...

Edited by KyaniteD

So is inheritance. The OP obviously didn't look at the damage rating on it for level 14.

The Inheritance weapons are some of the best weapons you'll see at the level they're available to you. No, they're not modable. The point isn't that you'll use them for the rest of the game, but pass them on to other characters (Yes, I'll admit that's pretty rare....). Still, at Level 14, its pretty much the best weapon you'll find. By Level 17, you can mod something equivalent. By Level 21, its probably only on-par with random drops.

What more were you expecting?

Agree with many on here - let's have the legacy weapons moddable and loaded with purple mods to start with (i.e. it's a great weapon for that level). Some of the legacy weapons look great and it's a shame not to be able to use them as you go through the game.

I wonder why this hasn't been done yet.