'Heralds of Victory' Game Update!

DanielSteed

If you have an imp character I can invite you to my guild.

So everyone in the Guild gets to see the Heraldry system or just the Guild leader? Did you have people form a guild with you? Is that what you did? Im currently asking guildees to download the PTS, which I feel bad in doing so. Though people are happy an update to the preview system is coming, they dont feel it is necassary to fill up their hard drive with the PTS just to see it before it comes out. They're happy enough to know its coming.

I would really like it if Bioware responds to this. Third post where, I am asking for a response from anyone in Bioware. Is there a way to preview teh Heraldry system, without having to form a guild in th PTS server. Im using a toon that is already a guild leader on the Satele Shan server. But that didnt carry over in the copy.

Edited by HiddenPalm

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So everyone in the Guild gets to see the Heraldry system or just the Guild leader?

I would really like it if Bioware responds to this. Third post where, I am asking for a response from anyone in Bioware.

The GM can set who can change it.

For those interested in seeing the Heraldry Design window, you have to start a new a guild on the PTS or be invited into one, like I was. To start a guild, you need at least 4 other players to start one at the Guild registrar at Fleet or Coruscant. Sadly there is hardly no one ever on fleet to help you. You might luck out, maybe. Its probably best to beg your guildees to download the PTS, which is kind of annoying. Or get invited into one. Once your invited the guild leader has to give you a rank where you have privileges to be able to use the Heraldry design window. Otherwise you wont be able to see it. I urge the folks over at Bioware to update their Heraldry announcement post about this, so our wonderful community doesnt bust its balls trying to figure this all out. And to also be more responsive towards players asking for help on how to do it. Or hire someone and pay that person a minimum wage to be on 24/7 to invite people into a guild to see it. I would take that job.

That being said, here's my review.

The Guild Heraldry design window is very customizable, color wise. The "symbol" has two different colors and the "detail" (background) has two different colors. And you can pick any color you wish to accommodate those color slots. I give the coloring options a score of 5 stars out of 5.

Now for the bad part, regarding the Heraldry design interface. Im going to be tough here, because this is where it counts.

You only get 23 symbols to choose from. That is a big huge no. Please add about 80-200 more symbol before this launches in April. I myself, am looking forward to a fist symbol facing upwards. Make that happen, please. A nice big furry wampa fist, for example. Starfighter enthusiasts in guilds for GSF would like at least a few dozen different symbols to choose from. We need more lightsaber symbols, blaster symbols, alien/monster faces (smiling and angry), sunsets, elemental symbols ... just a whole butt load of symbols.

15 details (background) is also a big huge no. We would require a good 80-200 more back grounds. I noticed there is only one tribal like symbol. We need dozens of those, come on. Techy backgrounds, nature backgrounds, simple shapes background, complex lines, simple lines, etc.

Its ok, if this update gets delayed to make this happen. Im fine with delays. We need our options, and we need to feel unique.

There is no character flair for the heraldry symbol, sadly. I think we would all like that very much. I also didnt see any options for banners for the guild stronghold. I checked the deco merchant and the prefab droids. I didnt see anything about it. That seems weird to me, so perhaps Im missing something here? Our guild strongholds and flagships need these Heraldry banners. I believe we are all expecting that as a given. Otherwise I do not understand what the purpose of this is all about.

It does appear on the Guild page and the Guild profile. Now we need it to be on banners for the flagships and strongholds. And Character Flairs.

Over all the Guild Heraldry system, gets 2.4. stars out of 5 stars. The lack of symbols, backgrounds to choose from and the fact that there are no decos for it or character flairs, really hurts the whole idea of having this system implemented. But I believe allot of this can be fixed before April's launch. And again, I dont mind if the release is delayed. I know allot of people complained about this because they want more content. I also want more content, but I do appreciate that these MMO basics are being implemented. Im excited about it, and I want it to be done right.

The preview window is really cool. You can now preview emotes, which is awesome. But you cant preview emotes from linked emotes on the chat window. A few things like the "ancient Sith Lord's warblade" does not animate correctly in the preview window. Its not perfect, but it is significantly better than what we currently have. You cant preview character flairs though. I did enjoy previewing everything in Collections. I am sure it will encourage many to buy stuff from the cartel market and grind harder for credits to shop at the GTN.

Over all I give the new preview system a 4.6 out of 5 stars with a "Hiddenpalm ****** SEAL of approval! :jawa_wink:

I am in LOVE with the new "executioner lightening tuning". And the Tempest Warden's Armor set is perfect for imperial diehards. More of that please. The Executioner armor set is a little too wacky for my taste. The blue and gold color crystal is awful on regular lightsabers but looks amazing on the more expensive lightsabers with the blade effect.

Based on what I saw, the Heralds of Victory update gets a 7.1 out of 10 stars. I am sure the score will go up, on April. Please do your best to give us those 80-200 more symbols and details (backgrounds) with heraldry decos and character flairs.

Now if you'll just add that color wheel to our character creation process. In fact, revamp the entire process and give us slider bars to modify facial features, as well as height and weight. And separate selections for horns, jewelry, tattoos. Yeah that would be nice. Oh and some actual gameplay content would be great too. Ossus is nice and all, but the last update was 2 years ago.

Thanks for responding but this can not be the case. Why would Bioware write an article about Guild Heraldry and then in the very same article give instructions on how to download, install and copy your toons for the PTS? Which by the way is a very long process. I was on the PTS for at least 3 or 4 hours and I was the only person on Fleet for the whole entire time. You cant form a guild like that. And if 4 times that were on, and if they all agreed to be in a guild, only one of them I imagine would be able to actually see the heraldry features, since I imagine only the Guild leader can access that.

It does not make any sense. Can anyone from Bioware please respond to this thread and explain how to preview the Heraldry feature?

This is normally the case when it has to do with guild items which is normally why we wait until it becomes live or we see what dulfy has reviewed as we not going to copy toons over just for a guild item that will be created one time. We just don't see the need in it. While I will normally test things that are like new missions, flashpoints or even strongholds, this just doesn't seem as important to wait for our characters to be copied just to test something like this out.

This is normally the case when it has to do with guild items which is normally why we wait until it becomes live or we see what dulfy has reviewed as we not going to copy toons over just for a guild item that will be created one time. We just don't see the need in it. While I will normally test things that are like new missions, flashpoints or even strongholds, this just doesn't seem as important to wait for our characters to be copied just to test something like this out.

We ended up doing it anyways. Scroll up for our review. Thanks for responding to us.

Or maybe "uniforms" (aka armor sets) that will allow players to wear their guild's emblem, like a badge on the chestpiece, or a big design on the back of a "robe" or "cape"? Perhaps just an option to add the guild emblem to one's gear.

This. The shoulder patch would work too!

Edited by Palaemus

now it seems, that the new updates is just splitted into two pieces:

Guild Heraldry & Preview Changes.

preview changes:

for me it is an insolence, to claim bugfixing as a feature.

it is nothing else. it is just bugfixing, because the preview windows

are broken since the beginning. and i don't expect that they will work fine,

after the release, like you could see in jerbas preview on the preview server,

showing the preview windows.

guild heraldry:

the actual system is just useless. it won't give your guild any benefit. just a logo on some preview windows is not enough. the complete system, without connected decorations or stuff you could put on your character, is worth nothing. if it stays the way it is, it is a waste of dev-time in my opinion.

both system, even if the guild heraldry would come with special decoration you could personalize, is even to small for a major update in my opinion.

i really can understand, that you are having limited resources developing new stuff. but if they are that limited, why not start polls to get the people into the decision progress. and if you need to decide above peoples heads, just do a statement, why you needed to.

While you're revamping things, how about revamping the companion window. Scrolling through 600 companions to find the one you want is ridiculous. Give us some sort options: alphabetical, influence rank, transform the section into tabs. Something. Anything would be better. That window's UI is atrocious.

While you're revamping things, how about revamping the companion window. Scrolling through 600 companions to find the one you want is ridiculous. Give us some sort options: alphabetical, influence rank, transform the section into tabs. Something. Anything would be better. That window's UI is atrocious.

That's probably going to be 6.0's big new feature...

Yes please, sorting your companions... even something small as a "favorite" tab would already be great.

this game literally has enough solo content. You can literally play this game to max gear all by yourself.

Generally speaking, people who are asking for more story, aren't that interested in max gear, so being able to theoretically solo to max gear really doesn't help with the slow dribble of new story. You can get max gear in a group too, does that mean you think there is enough group content? Why bother with new content for anyone if all they have to do is add a new piece of bis gear once in while?

Add a flair option "Use guild emblem as flair" otherwise this addition is useless.

I agree on this^

Or as another mentioned put guild emblem as it appears on the character

<*guilds name*> beginning or end maybe?

:sy_lightside: or under it?

Edited by ronin_chi_lao